Most Not So Obvious Memorable Kings Moments

The comeback versus the Knicks 2 years ago:

9 points in 48 seconds, Mike's 3 pointer got us within 3. Barnes stole the inbound pass, found Brad underneath for a 3 point play.

Barnes stripped Hardaway of the ball and makes one of two free throws to win the game.

I still have this game on tape, and my boyfriend will tell you that I called for someone to make a 3 when Mike did.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We were playing Portland in a radio only game...This, I believe, was the year before we got the full TV deal.

Anyways, Portland was pretty much blowing us out of the water in every possible way, and we ended up forcing OT with an absolut storm of a comeback late 4th quarter.

We ended up losing the game, but what a comeback that should have been.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
JWill on a fast break screaming down at top of key making a behind the back pass to the left then using his left elbow to pop the ball to the right to another streaking King for an easy layup. 17,715 screaming fans couldn't believe it!!!!

Last edited:
Webber's three against the Rockets (I think), when he faked _both_ teams, turned around and drained it.

Honorable mention: Barnes inbounding pass to himself (of the opponent's leg). That is such a junk, schoolyard play that it is almost classy.

Larry Bird missing two free throws near the end of the game back in the 1988-1989 season when the Celts were the defending champs and the Kings won the game. The city treated the win like the NBA championship.

I think it was against Minnesota a cuple years ago, we were down by like 16 or 17 with 1:37 left, and peja and bibby went crazy and brought us back then miller hit a three at the buzzer to send it into overtime. We lost in overtime though.

We were playing Portland in a radio only game...This, I believe, was the year before we got the full TV deal.

Anyways, Portland was pretty much blowing us out of the water in every possible way, and we ended up forcing OT with an absolut storm of a comeback late 4th quarter.

We ended up losing the game, but what a comeback that should have been.

I agree.....Brad hit the 3 to send it to overtime then Derek Anderson scored all of portland's points in OT and beat us....man, what a game....so many people headed for the exits thinking the game was over.

The first season with Chris and Vlade. Against the Lakers in L.A., Webber tipped in a game winner. I remember Kevin Harlan saying "Vernon Maxwell has ice water in his veins", "Peja Stojakovic is a flame-thrower!" Probably one of the first key wins that started off that era.

I think it was against Minnesota a cuple years ago, we were down by like 16 or 17 with 1:37 left, and peja and bibby went crazy and brought us back then miller hit a three at the buzzer to send it into overtime. We lost in overtime though.

I think we're talking about the same game (see my previous post), but i don't think miller hit the three that sent it to overtime...i believe it was peja, after which he gave that memorable facial expression...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I agree.....Brad hit the 3 to send it to overtime then Derek Anderson scored all of portland's points in OT and beat us....man, what a game....so many people headed for the exits thinking the game was over.
I remember G-man talking about the last play...He said something along the lines of...

"And coming out of the timeout Brad Miller was just laughing with Mike Bibby..."

After the play he's like, "Well we can see why hes laughing now!"

Wow...Fun game.

Mitch Richmond's last second turn around fade away 3 over Latrell Sprewell vs the Warriors back in the mid 90's that won them the game.

What about Bobby Jackson flying all over the place and finishing every layup at the basket while falling down against the Mav's back in either 01 or 02? He went off that game just doing layup drills.

I remember Mitch Richmond putting 47 on the Rockets in Houston to get us a win after the Kings had just blown a game at home against that same great Rockets team.

Mitch had 25 in the 4th quarter. It was 95 and I was there for that game at home.

Game 2 of the 98-99 Lockout shortoned season. J-Will took the ball across the three point right side. J-will passed to Webb at the right elbow. As Webb was catching the ball, J-Will used Webb as a pick and Webb no-looked passed the ball through his legs to J-will and J-Will made the layup. This play was so fast, I had never seen any King ever dosomething like that! I was marking out wondering what the heck I just sa.

Last edited:
Adelman pumping his fists after we defeated the Spurs on a last second Martin layup. That was the most emotion that I had seen from until that point.

Any of the precise cross court passes from Vlade or Webb for the fast break. Those were a thing a beauty.

Last edited:
Back in like the '92-'93 season, the Kings set an NBA record for largest combined vicotry margin in two consecutive games. They blew out two teams in a row at Arco, one of which was Philly. I was at the Philly game and the crowd went literally nuts when Walt Williams did a 360 dunk.

Doug's 3 pointer that made it possible for Mike's gamewinner vs. Indiana in '04

Mike made a great play to win the game but Doug's three was unexpected and needed.

Back in like the '92-'93 season, the Kings set an NBA record for largest combined vicotry margin in two consecutive games. They blew out two teams in a row at Arco, one of which was Philly. I was at the Philly game and the crowd went literally nuts when Walt Williams did a 360 dunk.
That's the one I was going to post. I was at the 76ers game.

The Kings had a 4 game homestand and pretty much blew everyone away.

Kings 118 - 102 Boston
Kings 139 - 81 Dallas
Kings 154 - 98 Philly
Kings 126 - 106 Denver

One more: the second most exciting Kings dunk I've seen in person (behind Ronnie Price's) was against the Spurs. JWill was on a fast break and Mario Elie was trailing behind him, getting ready to block his layup attempt. Instead of laying it up like Elie expected, JWill went up and dunked on Elie's head. Totally unexpected.

Diabeticwonder said:
The 93 Sixers and Mavs?! Asterisk!!!!! ;)

Bibby's back-to-back gamewinners. A three against Memphis and a jumpshot against the clippers.

As for bad moments:

The 2 (TWO!) supposed "goaltends" that didn't go our way AT ARCO against the Suns and the Mavs. The suns one was difficult to tell, but the Mavs? not even close !!!