[Game] Kings vs. Pacers, 11/07/21 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there we lost for 3 reasons

1. Rebounding

2. Fox

3. Coaching (coaching led to #1 for sure.)

We got smashed on the boards and did not once have 2 bigs in. Not once.

Fox was disengaged on D. He let McConnel beat him time after time with almost no resistance. He would just sorta run next to him, with his hands down.

We still were within a shot of winning.

Fox wasn't missing the open 3's all game. Both Buddy and Barnes had some good open looks. The team is hunting 3's way too much when buddy is on the floor. Take the ball to the basket, get in the paint.
And get more of those mid-range pick and roll shots for Fox early, he'll probably get going, and then those late ones drop. You can't expect someone to explode after sitting off the ball. This game is all about rhythm. Icing someone out and then expecting them to carry you willy nilly is ignorant.

Fox wasn't missing the open 3's all game. Both Buddy and Barnes had some good open looks. The team is hunting 3's way too much when buddy is on the floor. Take the ball to the basket, get in the paint.
Lol still finding a way to blame Buddy I see. Not sure how to get in the paint when Richaun decides to have Mikki Moore hands. Davion went 1 of 4 in the paint, Fox had 5-6 misses in the paint too. Whole team wasn't hitting shots today, inside or outside.

Who's Mr. Sensitive now? You're actually hillarious, can't believe Bagley stans still exist.

Literally no one thinks Harkless is more than a 8-9 man off the bench who should be like a 12-15 MPG defensive guy. The sad reality is he's forced into a big role BECAUSE of how inept Bagley is at playing basketball. That's the problem.
Bagley made Harkless terrible? Or Bagley forced Luke to start Harkless? I'm confused. Please explain how this loss is on Bagley.

Calling out off the wall statements like this does not make someone a Bagley stan.

Bagley made Harkless terrible? Or Bagley forced Luke to start Harkless? I'm confused. Please explain how this loss is on Bagley.

Calling out off the wall statements like this does not make someone a Bagley stan.
huh? I'm pretty clear here....

Harkless is forced into a larger role than he should be in because Bagley is not a good basketball player. If Bagley were capable of being a 25+ MPG rotational player, Harkless would be off the bench in a 12-15 minute role, where he should be.

What don't you get?

huh? I'm pretty clear here....

Harkless is forced into a larger role than he should be in because Bagley is not a good basketball player. If Bagley were capable of being a 25+ MPG rotational player, Harkless would be off the bench in a 12-15 minute role, where he should be.

What don't you get?
Kings didn't have to sign Harkless and Luke doesn't have to play Harkless. Monte and Luke made a choice. Their hand wasn't forced.

Tonight's not included yet, but figured this is relevant for the "ZOMG HARKLESS IS A LOZER PLAY BAGLEY!!!!" stans:

Harkless DEF Rtg ON: 104.7 (194 minutes)
Harkless DEF Rtg OFF: 114.2 (238 minutes)

Harkless ORtg ON: 110.9
Harkless ORtg OFF: 114.9

net RTG:+6.1

Again, it's a tiny sample and this isn't the best way to use ON/OFF RTG. But it gives you a general snap-shot of what a player is doing on the court. And I think the Kings D being better with him on the court matches pretty well with the eye test too; he's been a pretty good switchable defender all season.

1. Rebounding

2. Fox

Fox was disengaged on D. He let McConnel beat him time after time with almost no resistance. He would just sorta run next to him, with his hands down.

when Kings are getting killed on the boards by bigger team TT needs 10-12 min. Less Moe. HB seemed gassed late in the game. Luke is playing HB too many minutes every game.

1. Rebounding

2. Fox

It looked the Kings were in good shape about halfway through the 4th. They had gained momentum and had come back to take a one-point lead. Then Fox came back in the game.

1. Rebounding

2. Fox

Agree with all your points. Would add that it’s not so much needing two bigs in there to rebound better. It’s having size on the wings to be able to only play with one big in the game. Kings realllly need an elite wing with size, especially during crunch time. Having a wing like, say Simmons, adds another shot deterer and rebounder for the Kings who can provide elite perimeter defense as well. He would effectively connect and balance the defense.

Saw the game live - some of the starters blew it - Harkless was awful on offense, and Fox poor....bench players played with better energy and effort. Fox was poor on both sides of the floor. Holmes also had a substandard game. .Len had good game especially on defense. Hield, Barnes, and Halliburton were average......Walton inexplicably goes back to Fox and Holmes after both were poor in the game and not giving good energy against the Pacers. Final play wastoothless with Halliburton forcing a 30 ft airball. Fox was forcing badshots on offense and not fighting hard enough through pick and rolls. Kings lost the offensive end. Too many disjointed, aimless sets. Pacers win with defense really.

Harkless is bad at offense. Bagley is bad at offense AND defense. That’s the difference at this point
He wasn't bad he was horrendous......0 pts 2 reb and assist in 21 min.....Harkless is no starter. This might've been a good game to kick the tires with Bagley and/or put in Thompson.

I'm not a Bagley fan, I'm a realist. Bagley is a upgrade over harkless period. On top of that he's still on the team and we are still paying him. And here is the best part, if he plays good we can acually get a player you won't hate on. Right now, playing harkless who has no future over Bagley who we may get something in return makes zero cents for a team like kings who need to squeeze out all the talent we can to compete
I agreed. Bagley should be giving minutes. Him over Harkless make the team lineup stronger I think. It seems they're benching him for some other issues and not talents. It looks personal. Bagley looks like a ballhogger whenever he's out there rather than letting the ball come to him...if that's the reason they bench him, then they need to let him know about it rather than sitting on it. Every game go by without Bagley is a waste of investment.

Sigh. Disappointed but not entirely unexpected. Pacers are a better team than their record suggests, and led by a very good coach. Adjusting to a new system takes time, which is likely one reason their record is not so shiny. That said, with their slew of injuries, we should have wrapped it up, particularly at home.

The team is missing someone who can take charge and get buckets when required. Such players are obviously very rare, but good teams need to have at least one such guy. Barnes was filling that role for us for some time, but ultimately, it has to be our franchise player, Fox.

Between Moe, Davion, and TD, we shot 1/13, and got pounded on the boards 54 to 33 (yikes). Such games will happen, and Moe and Davion are there primarily for their defense, so some of it is excusable. Davion in particular, has been pretty good offensively recently, so again, such games will need to be swallowed. However, when 3 guys who have played 54 minutes between them, give you 2 points on 1/13 shooting, it puts a lot of pressure on the other players. It also allows the defense to focus on other players a bit more, and sag off to close driving lanes, which are anyway cluttered with two big men.

I think the team needs to actively consider giving some of Moe's minutes to Bagley/Metu/King. I think Bagley would have been useful today when we were getting pounded on the boards, but he doesn't provide spacing.

Given his strong play in SL, and the way he is lighting up the G-league, perhaps King deserves some of these minutes. Some reliable shooting from that position should open up the game a bit for the guards.

Forward 3 point shooting was poor: 1-10

Interestingly enough King is killing it in the G league. Both King and Metu need some time to develop. As usual this team is completely short term focused. I continue to question if Fox and Mitchell can play together. Fox/Mitchell were minus 5 tonight.

How many 3pm starts have there been? From my memory most games played on SUN have typically started at 6PM local time.

I also think blaming today’s attendance on 49ers and Raiders is a bit of a stretch too. But, yeah, historically it wouldn’t be a great idea to conflict. But, again, I don’t recall an abundance of 3pm starts over the years as there are this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.