[Game] Kings vs. Warriors, 10/24/21, 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm different, but I did expect us to acually win games this year. Not repeat the same crap of 16 years! I want to win now! And yes we should be 3 and 0 or 2 and 1. Portland and Warriors are not going to finals anymore than we are. We need to leap frog them not expect to lose
I'm not expecting them to win until Walton is gone. These late game implosions are half on him. He's not on the court but he could be getting all over his players for switching from NBA basketball to YMCA street ball at the end of every game.

dude12

Hall of Famer
There is talent on this team. We see it for large stretches of the games so far but when it comes down to crunch time, we look unprepared to counter.
Fox underperforming
Halliburton underperforming
TD underperforming
Holmes underperforming

Saw this last year where we were all questioning what the hell the team was running on offense. Looked Unprepared.
Said the same thing in the Covid bubble. Looked unprepared.
The players like Walton but we continuously have execution problems.

On the plus side, the defense is better.

The big thing that’s missing for me is Fox not looking aggressive. When he attacks the basket good things happen. It’s what he’s best at and he’s one of the best in the league at it. His game is made for a Westbrook type role. Towards the end of last year he picked up that aggression and sustained it, scoring almost 30 ppg over the last half of the season. Where did that go? He’s back to being passive and avoiding that bigger role

It’s been said that he was hesitant to take on that role (and it’s not a bad thing to try to avoid being a ball hog). But he took that role and thrived. Things like 3 point shooting or FT shooting might never improve for some players but being more aggressive and playing a more assertive dominant role is certainly something that can (and has) changed. Idk if it’s coaching or himself not looking to play that role, or something else like conditioning, but it feels missing so far. Hopefully he gets back to that but after how he really proved how well he can thrive in that role it’s concerning to see that regress a little bit

The big thing that’s missing for me is Fox not looking aggressive. When he attacks the basket good things happen. It’s what he’s best at and he’s one of the best in the league at it. His game is made for a Westbrook type role. Towards the end of last year he picked up that aggression and sustained it, scoring almost 30 ppg over the last half of the season. Where did that go? He’s back to being passive and avoiding that bigger role

It’s been said that he was hesitant to take on that role (and it’s not a bad thing to try to avoid being a ball hog). But he took that role and thrived. Things like 3 point shooting or FT shooting might never improve for some players but being more aggressive and playing a more assertive dominant role is certainly something that can (and has) changed. Idk if it’s coaching or himself not looking to play that role, or something else like conditioning, but it feels missing so far. Hopefully he gets back to that but after how he really proved how well he can thrive in that role it’s concerning to see that regress a little bit
The problem is, he's just not as good as a young Westbrook. He has no kick out game. When he drives to the paint, that's it! He's not finding open guys or creating for anyone else but himself. Westbrook for all his faults is the most intense competitive basketball player that's ever played the game. You see fox averaging a triple double anytime soon....me either. Now he's shooting 3s just to "try" to prove he can instead of focusing on his strengths and learning how to see the court better

There is talent on this team. We see it for large stretches of the games so far but when it comes down to crunch time, we look unprepared to counter.
Fox underperforming
Halliburton underperforming
TD underperforming
Holmes underperforming

Saw this last year where we were all questioning what the hell the team was running on offense. Looked Unprepared.
Said the same thing in the Covid bubble. Looked unprepared.
The players like Walton but we continuously have execution problems.

On the plus side, the defense is better.
Holmes is actually averaging big numbers right now. 19.6 pts, 14.6 reb, 2.3 ast and 3.6 blk per36. We need those other guys to pick up the slack when he and Barnes come back down to earth here soon. The 3 point ball is lacking so far. Barnes is way above his norm. Buddy around his norm and everyone else capable of shooting 3s is basically down in the basement so far.

Being unprepared is a common theme with Walton. So is having the other team make halftime adjustments that Walton has zero answers for. It's downright annoying knowing that the team has to overcome the ineptitude of their coach in order to win.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Holmes is actually averaging big numbers right now. 19.6 pts, 14.6 reb, 2.3 ast and 3.6 blk per36. We need those other guys to pick up the slack when he and Barnes come back down to earth here soon. The 3 point ball is lacking so far. Barnes is way above his norm. Buddy around his norm and everyone else capable of shooting 3s is basically down in the basement so far.

Being unprepared is a common theme with Walton. So is having the other team make halftime adjustments that Walton has zero answers for. It's downright annoying knowing that the team has to overcome the ineptitude of their coach in order to win.
I've been impressed by Holmes. He's taking the game personally, which I like.

If De'Aaron was his usual Foxy self, the Kings would be 2-1 or 3-0 right now. He can't buy a basket right now and it has cost the Kings their 2 losses already.

I sure hope Fox snaps out his funk quick. He's clearly not himself right now. :(
He may still be adjusting to the extra bulk. I seem to recall Bibby had a similar problem that second season he was with us after bulking up in the off-season. Unlike Fox's experience, though, the FO at that time was not happy with the change!

Status
Not open for further replies.