[Game] Kings @ Pelicans, 10/29/21 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

I don't get the announcer hate around here. I'm enjoying them more than the previous guy, by far. And I personally LIKE Kayte going into a lot of detail. Both are a heck of a lot better than the announcer just saying " Bibby....Webber.....Vlade....BIBBY!" over and over again, ad nauseum. For years.

It may not be for everyone, and I'm not saying they are the best at it by any means, but I certainly don't get all the complaints. They've done 4 regular season games, and they aren't even in the building to watch them personally, they are just watching TV like us. I have a preference, obviously, but still didn't let it really get to me the way you guys seem to take it (almost personally!). Just chill and enjoy watching the game itself.
I didn't like Draper much even when he was calling games with Doug. After reading some others' comments, I did notice that Kayte comes across as trying to say too much at one time, and also a bit of an over-homer. As others have pointed out, it's as if shes doing her sideline reporter gig, only throughout the entire game, and given Draper isnt particularly polished either I don't think the combo works well. I thought Kayte-Mark Jones was a lot better.

Truth be told I miss G&J. Hoping Kayte finds her niche in this space though, cos she's definitely deserving of the opportunity. It's a new gig and it's only fair to give her time to improve.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Oh, I miss Jerry. Don't get me wrong - he was the best. But I love what Kayte brings as well and know she'll work into the role better with time. I like Jones better than Draper as well, but it isn't something worth going crazy over like others have. I don't get it. Grant wasn't Grant his first handful of games on the job either (for those of you who liked his TV work).

I don't get the announcer hate around here. I'm enjoying them more than the previous guy, by far. And I personally LIKE Kayte going into a lot of detail. Both are a heck of a lot better than the announcer just saying " Bibby....Webber.....Vlade....BIBBY!" over and over again, ad nauseum. For years.

It may not be for everyone, and I'm not saying they are the best at it by any means, but I certainly don't get all the complaints. They've done 4 regular season games, and they aren't even in the building to watch them personally, they are just watching TV like us. I have a preference, obviously, but still didn't let it really get to me the way you guys seem to take it (almost personally!). Just chill and enjoy watching the game itself.
Sign of the times. Negativity rules all. My fingers are still crossed that if the Kings make the playoffs, the fan base will turn their anger towards a newly created rivalry instead of eating their own.