Most Not So Obvious Memorable Kings Moments

Every body remembers Bibby's shot against the Lakers, Martin's layup versus the Spurs or the Christie/Fox fight. But what are some of the most memorable Kings moments to you that weren't that obvious to other fans.

Some of mine were:

Gerald Wallace dunking over Nachbar in preseason.
The no look pass from Cleeves to Wallace.

The Skyline Lounge chanting "Maloofs... Maloofs... Maloofs are on fire" after the Kings won Game 4 against the Lakers in the 2000 1st Round playoffs.

Christie coming back from a sprained ankle to lay down a thundrous dunk against the mavs in 2002.

Bobby Jackson draining an ill-advised bankshot 3 over Dirk in the closing minute of regulation of 2002.

The alley-oop vs. The Lakers on Christmas day... It was a loose ball, B-Jax chased it down, flipped it up HIGHHHHHH, and Keon Clark went up with one hand grabbed it and threw it down.

I remember the Kings first regular season home game of the Adelman Era, vs the Grizzlies. Coincidentally it was Mike Bibby's NBA debut. Jason Williams dribbled up the wing and did a jumping dribble that probably should've been a travel, it faked Bibby out of his pants and Jason got a layup. Bibby looked at the ref like "what the hell was that?". Also from that game I remember Vlade taking a rebound and throwing a fullcourt-length pass to Webber who caught it too far under the basket to do anything but dropped it behind his back in one clean motion to Tariq for a dunk.

I remember Jason Williams throwing a 70-foot alleyoop to Tariq up in Seattle.

I remember Mitch Richmond putting 47 on the Rockets in Houston to get us a win after the Kings had just blown a game at home against that same great Rockets team.

In the 2002 WCFs (I can´t remember wich game) in the end of a quarter Webber feeds Divac for a buzzer beater 3 pointer and just turn his backs to the basket and throw his arm up celebrating, even before the ball left Divac´s hand!

I never saw that play again, but I´ll never forget it...

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Jason Williams behind the back pass to himself and then the lay-in (ok, obvious to other fans, but perhaps forgotten).

Jason Williams behind the back pass to himself and then the lay-in (ok, obvious to other fans, but perhaps forgotten).
That one was in Philly, right? They went East on that trip and really built up a lot of hype and won lots of fans. Jason Williams did some pretty special stuff on that trip in front of some hard-core basketball fans. Against the Wizards he had a sequence of moves in transition, scoring and setting people up, that had their fans jumping out of their seats and dancing in the aisles.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Pretty much any series of wild Jason Williams 34 foot 3 pointers that hit nothing but the bottom of the net.

Vlade's missed hook shot that would have beat the Jazz in that first playoff series...One of the toughest moments, but also by far the most memorable.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I think it was DC running the break with Webber trailing - DC split the defenders and dropped a blind pass to Webber for the dunk. Beautiful.

the block

Brian Skinner's block against Shawn Marion in a preseason game last season, I swear their hands were feet over the rim when they met, just awesome.

Pretty much any series of wild Jason Williams 34 foot 3 pointers that hit nothing but the bottom of the net.

Vlade's missed hook shot that would have beat the Jazz in that first playoff series...One of the toughest moments, but also by far the most memorable.
2004(?) game 3 (?) Semis against the Wolves, we came back from a 12 or 14 point-deficit within less than 2 minutes...we lost that game but what a comeback with peja and bibby draining 3s...

You guys have mentioned a lot of good ones.

1) I have a personal one. I was sitting up in section 213 with a straigh shot at the west hoop from the side.

I remember J-Will with a no-look to Barry in the corner. I remember it in slow motion, knowing that it was going down. And whoosh. JB's classic hands up to the crowd that didn't need the encouragement. BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

2) J-Will dunking something like the 3rd 3 in a row and backpeddling along the side-line, hand-slapping the Maloofs.

3) One game I'll never forget, it was the season after we lost to the Lakers and the Lakers went on to beat the Nets. The Nets were hoping that we'd win because the Nets actually felt they could beat us. There was all this hype before the game. We were in NJ and the Nets were talking smack. The media was awaiting this great match-up, a great game. Now we'll see how well the Nets can beat the Kings.

We blew them out of the water. Magical play after magical play.

That's how to shut up smack talk. It was beautiful.

Brawl at Indy in 96. Lotsa suspensions.

0-29 score at LA in 87. :(

Rider hitting that freak shot from behind his back at Sac one year. Anyone remember this? If not, it's probably the most bizarre shot in history.

Barkley sprinting full court in his MVP year to block Spud's layup at ARCO.

Jerry Reynolds doing a faceplant on the sideline during a game in 89.

Webber tapping in a game winner at LA in the lockout year (Mr. Clutch).

Edney hit a 70 footer against the Lakes in 96. Magic got his 10,000th assist at ARCO that same year.

Last edited:
The pass:

Kevin Martin's no look bounce pass that went right through Brent Barry's legs.

One of my favorites

Last edited:
Bibby to Webber alley-oop against the Lakers on easter! LOVED IT!!! They were wearing the cool 70s Kings jersey I think.

Bibby's 1st triple double in a Kings uni against the cavs! They were having SO MUCH FUN on the bench, too! They were wearing the powder blue ones.

C-webb's gamewinning 3 against the Celtics. It was just a classic NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO YESSSS! moment!

Vlade's 3 in Houston to send the game to OT! Peja then hopped on Vlade like they just won the Championship!