[Game] Kings v. Wizards - 3/10/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

I have always said that one mark of a star or future star is ability to make the game look easy....

When you see Buddy go for 16 quick points and Skal go 3-3 FGs and 3 rebounds you might say....

"Hey that looked pretty easy" :)

That's a good sign.

By contrast not a lot that Willie and Ben over their brief or not-so-brief tenure seems to come easy.

Thats not the best sign.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have always said that one mark of a star or future star is ability to make the game look easy....

When you see Buddy go for 16 quick points and Skal go 3-3 FGs and 3 rebounds you might say....

"Hey that looked pretty easy" :)

That's a good sign.

By contrast not a lot that Willie and Ben over their brief or not-so-brief tenure seems to come easy.

Thats not the best sign.
I'm not gonna give up on WCS. He's getting more boards... I have, however, given up on Ben.

I didn't think I'd enjoy watching this team when we traded Cousins either. But honestly, I've had a blast watching these guys play.
I agree with you. There is more tempo and sharing-is-caring attitude. Tyreke on the bench makes a difference too. He's not the type of player we need. At same time I have been extremely curious to see what Boogie and Brow can do and it has not been pretty to watch. The constant griping with the refs is NOT normal. Repeat, it is NOT normal!!! It has been refreshing to not have to bear witness to that post-trade despite all these losses.

I am not giving up on Willie either. It's just hard to get excited about him when the good games are so few and far between. By contrast Skal has a streak of like 5 good games in a row!
I completely agree. Like a lot of us, I wanted WCS in the draft, but he's been pretty dissapointing, mostly because of his inconsistent play like you mentioned. Especially on the boards. But, I'll still give him at least another year before I can really sour on the guy.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Has Galloway ever played? He's making $5 mil and is signed through next year.

I'll add that off the top off my head he makes more than Skal, Malachi, Big Pappa, Buddy, Willie, and Ty.

I completely agree. Like a lot of us, I wanted WCS in the draft, but he's been pretty dissapointing, mostly because of his inconsistent play like you mentioned. Especially on the boards. But, I'll still give him at least another year before I can really sour on the guy.
I feel like now is the time for Willie to shine....in meaningless games and out from under the shadow of Boogie. I don't want to wait another year on Willie. I want to see 14 / 10 games between now and end of season. I think this expectation is fair.

I agree with you. There is more tempo and sharing-is-caring attitude. Tyreke on the bench makes a difference too. He's not the type of player we need. At same time I have been extremely curious to see what Boogie and Brow can do and it has not been pretty to watch. The constant griping with the refs is NOT normal. Repeat, it is NOT normal!!! It has been refreshing to not have to bear witness to that post-trade despite all these losses.
I don't miss Cousins attitude either, but it never bothered me that much. It was annoying but hardly much more to me. But the fact theres many more touches to go around when we have quite a few young talents in refreshing to watch.

Buddy's career high is 21 points....one three pointer away from career high! I think he needs to get 30 or more for us to win.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Willie's instincts on D aren't as good as i thought they were. A lot of times he just stands there as the driver lays one up right next to him. Jump, man!