[Game] Kings @ Clippers - Wednesday, Dec. 26 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

About time the Kings get smoked with another poor first half and 1st quarter. The defense is ridiculously inconsistent. Clippers outworked the Kings for most of the game save a couple stretches in the 2nd and third quarters and garbage time. Bogdan with telegraphed passing and Hield couldn't buy a bucket. Give Clippers some credit - they manhandled the Kings in rebounding especially. . I liked Bejalica actually playing some defense to key a 3rd Q run, but watching Koufos miss a point-blank hook followed by a 7-0 run was maddening. A head-scratcher after the previous 2 come-from -behind wins. They are too comfortable digging deficits thinking they'll just shoot themselves into each games from behind.

Harry gets into foul trouble but from what I see, a lot of it his him getting rook’d. I saw atleast 2 of his fouls weren’t really fouls IMO. Not fouls that would be called regularly on rotation players. Then you have the other fouls like that stupid screen or taking the bait on Gallos pump fake.

He’ll need some minutes to work out his own bad habits and get some love from the refs.

Kosta has been a good King and in the early part of the season it looked like he’d fit in well with the fast pace offense. Then he went out for a few games and since returning has really been hard to defend or ignore. He’s a liability offensively but we’re also not getting good rebounding or any standout rim protection from him. The things that don’t show up in the box score aren’t showing up in the box score of things that don’t show up in the box score either. Kosta is really not playing well.

Kosta was really efficient last year at 57%, he is shooting 43% this year. he is a career 53%, so I think it will revert eventually and he will be finishing at a good clip around the basket again.

That illegal screen call on Giles wasBRUTAL
A foul, sure ... we’ll, actually depends upon the name of he player and time and situation of the game. Players get away with screens like that quite often. But it gets called when the Kings were about to be within 3. And would have tied it with another 3 moments later.... so thanks for the inconsistency refs.

Outside of Fox and the garbage time crew, everyone else was complete booty cheeks.

Special mention goes to Buddy (poor shooting night), Bogdan (ballhogging), and Koufos (whose main skill these days seems to be leading the league in momentum sucking offensive moves).

A foul, sure ... we’ll, actually depends upon the name of he player and time and situation of the game. Players get away with screens like that quite often. But it gets called when the Kings were about to be within 3. And would have tied it with another 3 moments later.... so thanks for the inconsistency refs.
Nah, just blatant stuff that would get called 98% of the time

Last edited:
Harrell stands over a downed opponent, nothing.

That guy pushes off, nothing.

Come on, officials.
Harrell gets away with a ton for a guy that’s not a marquee name player. Does he play with energy? Yes. But he also plays reckless at times and gets away with it.

When the Kings got close, he literally flipped on and over Buddy Hield’s back to floor to then grab the ball from between Buddy’s legs.

If that was Harry Giles doing that to Lou Williams, it surely gets called quickly. But I guess Harrell is too good a story for an overly obvious foul to be called in a key situation.

Anyways, when this is all said and done...

Is there a single person who still thinks Koufos should play over Giles?
I’m a Giles fan but let me defend KK. Harrell was a bad matchup for a Bjelica / KK pairing because neither had the quickness to match up with him. It’s not KK’s fault he was put in a bad match-up. Other match-ups or pairings play more to his strength.

I’m a Giles fan but let me defend KK. Harrell was a bad matchup for a Bjelica / KK pairing because neither had the quickness to match up with him. It’s not KK’s fault he was put in a bad match-up. Other match-ups or pairings play more to his strength.
Bjelica was handling Harell fine he was just barely on him and easily contained him when he was on him, Dave made a tactical mistake he should have gone with Bjelica @C/Harry @PF/C and played small against Boban/Harell to space the floor and open things up it's not like WCS provides rim protection, WCS/Jackson were so weak that games like this is why I always question them. WCS has no advantage over a guy like Boban in a match up Dave should have known that even his quickness in a half court is useless against a man that big you need floor spacing to get him out.

The one play where it was a 50/50 between Harrell and Jackson and Jackson just watched while Harrell snatched the ball and dunked was easily the most embarrasing play of the year

The play at about 1:01 is about as weak as it gets smh that was literally a scared child walking into a prison.

I’ll take the WOW now, because the WTF will start disappearing with reps.

I don’t care what the record says... Gotta develop this kid. With minutes. That matter.
Disagree, it really depends on whether or not he'll be able to contribute to us winning. I'm not going to give him minutes if he's not ready for them. If he plays bad, not only does it affect him, but it also affects his teammates. He was a big part of our late emergence, but 5 fouls in 11minutes is not good.

Our goal should not be to solely develop Giles. Our goal is to win games. If he's not helping us win games, he shouldn't be playing.

We all want Harry to be great but tonight he had 5 fouls in 10 minutes. He will get there, just not there yet sadly.
I can say for sure one foul was BS. Players don’t learn if they don’t play and tonight Giles did way more positive than the negative of his offensive foul. He will settle down but on nights like tonight we clearly needed his fire even if he got 5 fouls in 5 minutes.

Disagree, it really depends on whether or not he'll be able to contribute to us winning. I'm not going to give him minutes if he's not ready for them. If he plays bad, not only does it affect him, but it also affects his teammates. He was a big part of our late emergence, but 5 fouls in 11minutes is not good.

Our goal should not be to solely develop Giles. Our goal is to win games. If he's not helping us win games, he shouldn't be playing.
Then someone ought to tell Vlade who clearly stated they weren’t going to short change the long term for a short term goal. Problem is Joeger hasn’t gotten the message either.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Then someone ought to tell Vlade who clearly stated they weren’t going to short change the long term for a short term goal. Problem is Joeger hasn’t gotten the message either.
You're quoting Vlade from last year I believe. Things have changed, especially since the Kings are sitting above .500 at this point.