[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) @ Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 3, 2-0) 4/20/2023 7:00pm Pacific 10:00pm Eastern (TNT)

Someone falls to the ground and grabs your leg (purposefully or not), what do you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Warrior’s shooters have already proven they can shoot at play-off game speed. The Kings wings have yet to prove they can.
Thing is, I think Huerter and HB have actually played pretty well offensively inside the arc. When they get to the rim, or get that little floater down, playing reasonably good defense, getting active on the glass. The major glaring issue is everyone has forgotten how to shoot and that's where everything really runs in our offense.

What's been a really interesting observation is we're really finding out that the Sabonis offensive engine/DHO sets are what makes him a special All-NBA talent. We never had a stretch like this where a team just erased that part of our offense and it takes a considerable amount of shine off of what Domas has been for us all year. Kudos to Brown and his staff for perfectly catering the offense to maximize his talent.

He's still probably like a fringe-all star player because he's so efficient scoring and rebounding the ball and still an amazing passer. But Jokic is the only other guy in the league who can operate a full offense as the offensive engine big man. And we're REALLY finding out that our offense was so special this season because of how many great shots he got our shooters through drive and kick stuff and screen assists through the DHO. Along with Fox just fully jumping into an elite #1 option scorer in basically every facet outside of consistent spacing.

Hopefully we find adjustments to get the DHO rolling again and get the ball movement back up to par. We've looked far too much like Kings teams of the past decade rather than the rebirth of the Golden era Kings that they showed all year. We're missing a bunch of open looks, but we also just don't have the same fluidity on offense that's made us near impossible to slow down in the regular season.

Does Draymond really help as much as we think in a series that's all about high scoring offense/high pace? Hear me out with him and Looney on the floor the first two games the Kings were way more physical because you legit only have to guard 3 players on the floor (Curry/Wiggins/Klay) and there is way less space for them to operate allowing Fox/Mitchell more time to get a body on Steph and bump/grind him. While Draymond is a elite defender/passer/glue guy him playing has not stopped the Kings dropping 115+ regardless how well he's defending.

Honestly I fear the Warriors far more if they got Pool/Curry/Wiggins/DDV or GP2 with one of Looney/Draymond on the floor than I do with both Looney and Dray on the floor at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.