[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Thursday, Feb. 21 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
How annoying was that? Doesn't it seem like the Warriors get all the breaks? It reminds me of the Niners/Seahawks rivalry of a few years ago. It seemed like the Seahawks came away with the lucky play at every turn. If they fumbled the ball, it would just barely roll out of bounds. If the Niners fumbled, it would barely stay in bounds.

That play where Fox blocked Curry and it went straight to Klay for a drained 3 is a total microcosm of this year against the Warriors. Not only are they extremely good and extremely talented but they have luck on their side as well.

What I'm excited about is it seemed as if a lot of Kings played their B games. Buddy, Bogie and Barnes couldn't hit their 3s all game while Curry was on fire and Draymond of all people started draining them in as well. Even with all that, the Kings were right there. Usually the Kings can play their A+ game and still lose to the Warriors so that was encouraging.

How annoying was that? Doesn't it seem like the Warriors get all the breaks? It reminds me of the Niners/Seahawks rivalry of a few years ago. It seemed like the Seahawks came away with the lucky play at every turn. If they fumbled the ball, it would just barely roll out of bounds. If the Niners fumbled, it would barely stay in bounds.

That play where Fox blocked Curry and it went straight to Klay for a drained 3 is a total microcosm of this year against the Warriors. Not only are they extremely good and extremely talented but they have luck on their side as well.

What I'm excited about is it seemed as if a lot of Kings played their B games. Buddy, Bogie and Barnes couldn't hit their 3s all game while Curry was on fire and Draymond of all people started draining them in as well. Even with all that, the Kings were right there. Usually the Kings can play their A+ game and still lose to the Warriors so that was encouraging.
Two Kings three point shots were waved off due to foul calls just seconds before the shots were made. Little things like that make the difference in close games.

Yeah that may be a game plan so whenever we need a stop and the other teams best 3 point shooter is wide open do we now foul whoever is their worst free throw shooter on the team before the shot goes off.
I would think if we had tried that last night it would pretty much only be called if the shot failed to go in.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah that may be a game plan so whenever we need a stop and the other teams best 3 point shooter is wide open do we now foul whoever is their worst free throw shooter on the team before the shot goes off.
I would think if we had tried that last night it would pretty much only be called if the shot failed to go in.
I think that strategy is a lot easier said than done, especially when you're out there on the court. The timing required would be almost unattainable.

Two Kings three point shots were waved off due to foul calls just seconds before the shots were made. Little things like that make the difference in close games.
I totally forgot about those. I remember being livid at the time. IMO the NBA needs to consider revising that rule. If a player begins his shooting motion when the foul is whistled, the shot should count. Shouldn’t matter if it’s in the air or not.

I think that strategy is a lot easier said than done, especially when you're out there on the court. The timing required would be almost unattainable.
Off topic, but what prompted the avatar change? In all the years I’ve visited this site I don’t recall you ever changing from your standard avatar. Am I remembering incorrectly? Not a big deal, of course, just caught my attention ;)

Off topic, but what prompted the avatar change? In all the years I’ve visited this site I don’t recall you ever changing from your standard avatar. Am I remembering incorrectly? Not a big deal, of course, just caught my attention ;)
I remember a tazmanian devil with a Kings jersey, but I think Marvin used his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator on VF over the last few games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
While my primary avatar has been Vlade on the Harley, I have used others at times. Suicide King is right about Taz in a Kings jersey for example.

Back to your original question - There is something so special and so unique about MB3 that I just wanted to acknowledge how much he means to me...and to the Kings. I know Vlade will understand - after all, he picked this incredible young man. I chose to use the "Marvin the Martian" to continue in the Looney Tune vein, plus he's my second favorite cartoon character. :)

I totally forgot about those. I remember being livid at the time. IMO the NBA needs to consider revising that rule. If a player begins his shooting motion when the foul is whistled, the shot should count. Shouldn’t matter if it’s in the air or not.
That is the rule. If you're on offense and have begun the shooting motion when a defensive foul is whistled, then that shot would count if successful. The other player whom was fouled would then shoot 1 shot.

While my primary avatar has been Vlade on the Harley, I have used others at times. Suicide King is right about Taz in a Kings jersey for example.

Back to your original question - There is something so special and so unique about MB3 that I just wanted to acknowledge how much he means to me...and to the Kings. I know Vlade will understand - after all, he picked this incredible young man. I chose to use the "Marvin the Martian" to continue in the Looney Tune vein, plus he's my second favorite cartoon character. :)

Actually, I do recall the Taz avatar. That, and the Harley. I think I just got very used to it, as I noticed the changed immediately. At first I was like, "who is this new member creating something close to VF's handle" until I realized it actually was you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thread closed solely to prevent confusion with today's game thread. I split off the Joerger/Buddy discussion into a new thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.