[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 2, 1-0) 4/14/2023 7:00pm Pacific 10:00pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think before Domas gave his interview was the context was basketball. We've seen Domas hit in the face for 84 games now without getting calls he should. The man has a friggin gash on his shoulder probably from something that didn't warrant a foul. When he says "I was trying to protect my face" I believe him.
His arms are starting to look like Jokic's arms. For some reason Jokic looks like someone took a machete to the back of his arms after every game.

IMO Sabonis was 80% trying to protect his face and 20% trying to play games. Kind of like when players arms get locked together and they pretend like they can't get them unlocked. As if we don't know that a half second of honest effort there would have them unlocked and running back down the floor.

I think Sabonis made the initial move to cover his face and then took a little advantage with gamesmanship there when he realized he had a hold of Green's foot as well. Wasn't deserving of a chest stomping but I don't think he's 100% innocent in the matter either. Probably why he seems less upset about it than your average fan.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I like Draymond. Dude is crazy out there but man is he insanely effective defensively for a guy his size. Honestly I don't think he should be suspended as long as Sabonis doesn't have some sort of injury found on the x ray or scan. It's playoff basketball and things get ugly. We all tend to look fondly back at the old Charles Oakley years but then we get our panties in a bunch when those cheap type shots happen.

I think it's pretty cool that our team that has played pretty soft all year is standing up to an experienced team that is playing them tough and not only matching them blow for blow, but coming out ahead so far.

The Warrior fans commenting in there are just absolutely wacko. I commented a few more times just to toss reality grenades in there, but they really aren't interested in facts.
They're having a very hard time right now. They got high on their own supply. They really believed the "experience beats youth" line. What they didn't realize is that we've been playing with poise all year, and we're young and significantly faster than them. Plus Davion, Len. They are hitting that copium pipe HARD. lol

Now that you say that - probably better. Let's beat them - full stomp.

But this series is about to get to a whole nother level of physical.
Honestly, I'm just glad Domas is okay.

The Suns/Spurs in the 07 Playoffs where "Big Sh*t" Bob hip-checking Steve Nash into the scorer's table causing the Suns' bench to enter the court and eventually leading to Suns key players being suspended while killing the Suns' chances is still a thing living rent-free in my head.

Historically, talented and crafty teams had always been stomped on (pun intended) by the overtly physical teams and NBA has always allowed it to be so. If our Beam team can clean them sorry ass Dubs up and adjust the statistics a bit, I have no problem with it.

What dubs fans, and I think Kings fans even, are surprised about is our defense. But if you go back to my incredible compendium of prophecies - I foretold that we'd outplay expectations on defense in the playoffs, because I could see we could turn up our defense in fourth quarters all year. It's just a matter of dialing it right. The reality is that you HAVE to conserve energy where you can in games - you cannot literally be sprinting everywhere all the time. But - couple things, we did seem to be developing a top secret weapons program in Davion and Len - so the dubs apparently didn't gameplan for that. But I just had this sneaking suspicion that Brown was keeping all his blades sharp - that snuck out in comments like when Len said he's been running with the first unit all year. I was like "hmm... that's very interesting, let's see what comes of that". Well, now we know. He doesn't look out of place either on offense or on defense. Other than a tiny bit of rust/nerves - he hasn't missed a beat. That's on Coach. Genius at work.

They're having a very hard time right now. They got high on their own supply. They really believed the "experience beats youth" line. What they didn't realize is that we've been playing with poise all year, and we're young and significantly faster than them. Plus Davion, Len. They are hitting that copium pipe HARD. lol
If group of fans should understand that experience doesn't always win out, it is GS (if they are old enough). They won a Championship with Rick Berry on the late 60s. They were picked to finish in last place that season. They were also picked to lose in every round of the playoffs. They ended up winning the WCFs & the Finals in sweeps.

Honestly, I'm just glad Domas is okay.

The Suns/Spurs in the 07 Playoffs where "Big Sh*t" Bob hip-checking Steve Nash into the scorer's table causing the Suns' bench to enter the court and eventually leading to Suns key players being suspended while killing the Suns' chances is still a thing living rent-free in my head.

Historically, talented and crafty teams had always been stomped on (pun intended) by the overtly physical teams and NBA has always allowed it to be so. If our Beam team can clean them sorry ass Dubs up and adjust the statistics a bit, I have no problem with it.
Paging Alex Len, please pick up a purple courtesy phone. Paging Alex Len.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If group of fans should understand that experience doesn't always win out, it is GS (if they are old enough). They won a Championship with Rick Berry on the late 60s. They were picked to finish in last place that season. They were also picked to lose in every round of the playoffs. They ended up winning the WCFs & the Finals in sweeps.
Or what about the "We Believe" Warriors?

Just talk about a franchise that barely recognizes its own history.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Now that you say that - probably better. Let's beat them - full stomp.

But this series is about to get to a whole nother level of physical.
Not suspending Draymond even one game would be sending a clear message to the players to police this themselves. Draymond tried to injure a player who was lying on the ground and then bragged about it afterward like he'd won the toughness Olympics or something. That's worthy of retribution in my book. Just a little extra contact on a screen the first few times down the floor or a jab in the back while boxing out. Which of course would demand a similar response from the Warriors and that's how games get out of control. It will be very interesting to see how much contact is allowed in game 3. If I were game-planning for the Kings, provoking Draymond to lose his cool again would absolutely be a point of emphasis just as it was for other teams when we had Cousins.

Not suspending Draymond even one game would be sending a clear message to the players to police this themselves. Draymond tried to injure a player who was lying on the ground and then bragged about it afterward like he'd won the toughness Olympics or something. That's worthy of retribution in my book. Just a little extra contact on a screen the first few times down the floor or a jab in the back while boxing out. Which of course would demand a similar response from the Warriors and that's how games get out of control. It will be very interesting to see how much contact is allowed in game 3. If I were game-planning for the Kings, provoking Draymond to lose his cool again would absolutely be a point of emphasis just as it was for other teams when we had Cousins.
Emotional fragility is a major liability - as we know as Kings fans. I wonder what types of conversations are being had amongst our players, esp with Len - for playing the enforcer role. Dude is built for it.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
So many reasons to dislike them! :)

Btw- is it bad that I can't resist making poop jokes about SF to Ws fans on twitter? Am I a bad person? In my defense it's an easy target (or hard to miss - if you're walking the streets of SF).
It's fine unfortunately I can't join in because SF seems to have exported their poop junkie problem to Portland with the excess of tech bros that have landed here.

I don't normally condone violence but knowing the history of Draymond, I hope someone lay's his ass out hard. He's had it coming for years. Everyone gave Cousins crap, he never did anything like this, but if he did he would of been sent to maximum security prison.

I can't wait for Draymond's future tell-all story about how he overcame the struggle of his own decisions. It's already inspiring me.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
So many reasons to dislike them! :)

Btw- is it bad that I can't resist making poop jokes about SF to Ws fans on twitter? Am I a bad person? In my defense it's an easy target (or hard to miss - if you're walking the streets of SF).
I would consider it a bit of a low blow considering homelessness is a serious sociological issue and it's just as acute in the Sacramento area as other cities in California -- it's just that our city has a lot more rivers and parkland to camp out in. I could point out exactly where our regional encampments are. I generally consider myself a California resident though (rather than any specific city) since I've lived in all 3 of the major metropolitan areas for extended time and have fond memories of all of them. Also, a lot of these Golden State fans (especially online) have little to no attachment to the Bay Area anyway and wouldn't care what you say about it. They just jumped on board with the Dubs at some point in their current run of success because they enjoy basking in the swagger.

I don't normally condone violence but knowing the history of Draymond, I hope someone lay's his ass out hard. He's had it coming for years. Everyone gave Cousins crap, he never did anything like this, but if he did he would of been sent to maximum security prison.

I can't wait for Draymond's future tell-all story about how he overcame the struggle of his own decisions. It's already inspiring me.
I mean, to be honest, in my opinioon, it dosent have to be dray that receives the payback. His team stood up for his actions, they can see what thats like.

Btw - "Off Night" is my new favorite nickname for any player.

We're all aware of who that belongs to yes?

Hint: he was #2 in ball pressure in the entire league this year.
Oh yeah, we were all glamouring at the sight of "Off-Night" when he first got here.

And we'll never forget when he first gave poor skinny James Bouknight his first "Off-Night" in the summer league.

Merdiesel is right. Green has gone beyond the bounds of legitimate basketball plays several times in game 2. He taunted the crowd. He gets away with yakking at officials. Our enforcer is a large human from eastern Europe. Every team needs one at a time like this. The NBA has some unwritten rules that are 75 years old. Green keeps breaking them. "A hard foul" is right.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Outside if dray they aren't tough, or bullies, or strong.
Dray's only tough because he never faces any real consequences. Like I said if he were in the NHL he'd be toothless and run out of the league in weeks. He doesn't pest within the graces of the game but I doubt he'd win a fair fight against someone out there to take down a bully. He's in a no man's land that doesn't exist in most other professional sports but I guess because Dubs win a lot he's been given a pass.

Windhorst said something very interesting on khtk today in that the kings have the immense luxury of playing expectation free basketball. Nobody thought we would be where we are and everything from now on is gravy. He said the 76ers have immense pressure to win this year and may not even make it out of the 2nd round. He does have a valid point. We dont have an expectation other than we hope this lasts for a while so we can enjoy seeing them play more

Status
Not open for further replies.