[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Thursday, Feb. 21 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And we're on the road again...facing a litany of TOUGH opponents. Warriors, Thunder, Timberwolves, and then back home to finish off February against the Bucks. Ouch.

It's a great time to be a Kings fan, but it's not easy or for the faint of heart.

Whereas in the past we either openly rooted for the tank or stubbornly clung to that thin, thin thread of hope against all odds, we're facing something different now. Our kids are good - not great yet, but definitely good and able to compete on any given night with any other NBA team. We've seen them fight back time and time again to win games we didn't think they could possibly win. We've seen them fall behind, come back and barely lose. We can count on heart, hustle, energy and effort from our young crew almost every night.

I don't have a lot of expectations for this road trip but I do think the kids could surprise us - and the league. They've definitely got the hunger and they've definitely got a leader in Swipa who is on a mission. I don't know how many of you watched DeFox in the Rising Stars game, but he displayed the poise and confidence a lot of seasoned veterans would love to possess. He put the league on notice that he and the Kings are here to stay.

I've said before. I've loved this game of basketball for over 50 years. I've loved the Kings since the day they arrived in Sacramento and I love them now possibly more than ever. They're repping themselves and us proudly.

GO KINGS!!

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Boogie’s going to maul our poor bigs.

Wonder how many frustration fouls Harry’s going to use on him?

How many minutes into the broadcast does Grant say something passive aggressively towards him?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping to see Barnes look more comfortable out there with our other guys. Don't have time to mess around.
He’s looked pretty comfortable actually... he’s just been launching bricks from 3 and missed about 4 layups against Denver.

I’m sure that will get better.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The Dubs lifted Boogie's minutes restriction just in time for us!

I've watched some Warriors games out of curiosity (I'll always have a soft spot for Cuz) and while he's certainly not looking like damaged goods, he's not looking like the Boogie of old either (understandable considering the injury he had and all the missed time). I think W$C makes an appearance tomorrow and outplays him.

And as always, a rested Fox is a killer Fox! He's gonna go hard.

Go Kings!

Look forward to see how Bagley can compete against Boogie, especially if WCS struggles to make those stops. I think if we want to have any chance in this game, we need to play tough defense and translate that into fast break points.

We need to play tough defense from the start. When I watch our games I see a very good shooting team that functions well when we are running and even works well in the half court when we have ball movement.

The warriors are going to get theirs but we need a big team effort on the glass to limit the opponents second chances.

The key to our win is team defense and push the ball when ever possible.
Also move the ball around when in the half court and eliminate most of the hero ball shooting and dribbling.

A win tonight will do wonders for our team. Go Kings!!!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Boogie doesn't really scare anyone right now, maybe that changes once he gets into game shape but he looks a step slow and that's to be expected. He would be better off losing some of that weight and putting less pressure on those knees and ankles for better speed and mobility but that's just my two cents. That said, he is still a big body the Kings will struggle with inside and the team needs to gang rebound or they are in some serious trouble. If the first three games are any indication, this ought to follow the same pattern in terms of competitiveness.

We should get this one after stewing over Denver for a week.

I expect Fox is going to come out guns blazing after a good rest and Buddy is going to cherish another shooting battle with Curry/Klay.

WCS will be a key piece and he will need to put in his best work with DMC. I expect Koufus to get some burn and since we are chasing the playoffs, i support that case over giving minutes to Giles at this moment in time.

Barnes back to his old stomping ground will be a good game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
And we're on the road again...facing a litany of TOUGH opponents. Warriors, Thunder, Timberwolves, and then back home to finish off February against the Bucks. Ouch.
Sacramento should beat Minnesota, because Towns is #SAWFT, and if you lean on Minnesota in the fourth, they'll fold. The rest of those teams... good luck.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We should get this one after stewing over Denver for a week.

I expect Fox is going to come out guns blazing after a good rest and Buddy is going to cherish another shooting battle with Curry/Klay.

WCS will be a key piece and he will need to put in his best work with DMC. I expect Koufus to get some burn and since we are chasing the playoffs, i support that case over giving minutes to Giles at this moment in time.

Barnes back to his old stomping ground will be a good game.
I absolutely don’t. For a quick 2-3 minute burst of tough bruiser? Sure... but after his initial couple minutes of looking fine, he fumbled roughly 4 rebounds away and generally looked as slow as Jokic with absolutely none of the skill.

I absolutely don’t. For a quick 2-3 minute burst of tough bruiser? Sure... but after his initial couple minutes of looking fine, he fumbled roughly 4 rebounds away and generally looked as slow as Jokic with absolutely none of the skill.
I get your point. Right now the primary assignment is the need to slow demarcus down. I have more faith in Koufus then i do in Giles regarding this

GS may be the one team we cannot out shoot.
How are we supposed to stop Cousins?
Our matchup with them is worse now than it was in the other defeats.
We have nothing to lose by trying something different like Swanigan on Cousins..

Boogie doesn't really scare anyone right now, maybe that changes once he gets into game shape but he looks a step slow and that's to be expected. He would be better off losing some of that weight and putting less pressure on those knees and ankles for better speed and mobility but that's just my two cents. That said, he is still a big body the Kings will struggle with inside and the team needs to gang rebound or they are in some serious trouble. If the first three games are any indication, this ought to follow the same pattern in terms of competitiveness.
I don’t know man.. Ask Kyle Kuzma if he’s a little scared of Boogie.

Got my Dubs friends coming over (lonely Kings fan in San Francisco). I want this win so bad not only to gloat but this win might give us the push we need to get to playoffs
Good luck! Represent! I keep feeling like we have to win at least one of these against the warriors, although I’m not sure if it’s good or bad to play them right out of the gate after the all star break. Hard to imagine they will be overlooking us after the break and knowing how close the previous games have gone. One thing I’m confident of however is that this Kings team is going to be up for every game down the stretch. That performance in Denver convinced me of that.

Will we beat the Warriors? Nope, but I'm just hoping we show up at last and play hard,,,,That's all I'm asking for.......This is probably the only team the Kings play that I don't give the Kings a fighting chance in. Unfortunately I've heard the Warriors are starting to play better, which is expected with their crazy good roster... I still hate them though! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.