[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 2, 1-0) 4/14/2023 7:00pm Pacific 10:00pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm glad he didn't get suspended. I don't want to hear any chatter about "we would have won if we had Draymond" bs.....Let's kick the crap outta these guys full strength. Then let's send Lebron home too in the second round. I was in the crowd last night and couldn't be more proud. We aren't afraid of our opponent or the moment. This team is going to put smiles on our faces for years to come. #dynastyenders

Yeah, especially the live post-game interviewer was that Greenberg dude from TNT who ALWAYS tries to find a way to phrase his questions in a suggestive manner to insinuate beef/drama. He pushed Domas twice with two back-to-back questions and Domas didn't give in one inch and said exactly what was quoted above.

He's like a Range Rover, classy yet gritty.
Absolutely. I could tell that Greenberg was disappointed afterwards. The guy probably gets paid extra, if he can stir up drama. They want the NBA to be like pro wrestling, which is why they enable the antics and unprofessional behaviour

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Personally I'm glad he didn't get suspended. I don't want to hear any chatter about "we would have won if we had Draymond" bs.....Let's kick the crap outta these guys full strength. Then let's send Lebron home too in the second round. I was in the crowd last night and couldn't be more proud. We aren't afraid of our opponent or the moment. This team is going to put smiles on our faces for years to come. #dynastyenders
I understand this sentiment. I just hope we don't get an altercation mid-game that results in a suspension for any of our players. Golden State is going to be in desperation mode if they're trailing in the second half.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I understand this sentiment. I just hope we don't get an altercation mid-game that results in a suspension for any of our players. Golden State is going to be in desperation mode if they're trailing in the second half.
I just don't think we are that team. Didn't we have a fracas a few weeks ago and everyone stayed on the bench? Brown has instilled discipline in this crew. It's impressive.

Good. This time long history of "unsportsmanlike acts" (ie, thugish behavior) caught up with one Draymond Green.
For that to be true you would have to assume that intentionally raising your leg up and stopping as hard as you can on another player who is on the floor does not necessitate a suspension at all. Otherwise there's no additional penalty for unsportsman like contact here.

HB’s body language towards the Dubs bench, after his steal and dunk in the 1st quarter, was unquestionable “TAKE THAT!”. He still got a beef with them, isn’t he?

Although he’s not a volume scorer, I keep noticing he scores in crucial moments to help level, keep the lead and close the game. Just a silent and cold blooded killer, who knows when to hit, where it hurts the most, not to mention his defense. Reminds me of Big Nasty both on and off the court with his veteran influence on his teammate and they seem to look up to him.

I read a blurb from a Warrior online personality trying to make the argument that because the announcement of Green’s suspension came from Joe Dumars, who formally worked in the Sacramento front office, it’s evidence of league bias in favor of the Kings.

Yes, the same Joe Dumars who was run out of Sacramento after he failed to take control of the front office in the sports equivalent of a bloodless coup, he’s now pulling strings behind the curtain for the Kings benefit.

I really don’t understand how fans of a franchise that have won 4 championships in the last 8 years, including the most recent title, can be so convinced of their own victimhood.

Kerr totally copped out in the after game interview saying "I didn't see it." Really coach?
I don't agree. He said he didn't see it live and then asked his staff whether he will be thrown out and when the answer was yes he immediately gather them to decide how to react. Consequently, he didn't see the replays. He was busy devising a new game plan. I believe him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I read a blurb from a Warrior online personality trying to make the argument that because the announcement of Green’s suspension came from Joe Dumars, who formally worked in the Sacramento front office, it’s evidence of league bias in favor of the Kings.

Yes, the same Joe Dumars who was run out of Sacramento after he failed to take control of the front office in the sports equivalent of a bloodless coup, he’s now pulling strings behind the curtain for the Kings benefit.

I really don’t understand how fans of a franchise that have won 4 championships in the last 8 years, including the most recent title, can be so convinced of their own victimhood.
joe Dumars lobbied for Vivek to hire Marc Jackson and demote Monte and promptly moved to New York when he didn’t get his way. Sorta feels like he’d be the last person to help the Beam Team at this point in time.

I don't agree. He said he didn't see it live and then asked his staff whether he will be thrown out and when the answer was yes he immediately gather them to decide how to react. Consequently, he didn't see the replays. He was busy devising a new game plan. I believe him.
I feel like Kerr has a long history of weaseling out of uncomfortable questions, hiding behind “I didn’t see it.” He also has a long history of spinning and justifying Draymond’s bad behavior. When Green knocked out Poole, Kerr’s only concern was “finding the leaker” who released the video. He’d be an excellent politician.

It doesn’t surprise me in the least, it’s human nature to point fingers at someone or something when things don’t go your way. Looking in the mirror objectively and able to criticize yourself is a powerful skill/tool that most never develop. It’s always easier to look the other way.

A movie I watched several years ago said it best. “Don’t get me wrong, I look away, we all look away, but that is the difference between a man and a King.” Came from King Arthur (Charlie Hunnam version).

I’m sure Sacramento is working in their zone offense next few days - they looked lost attacking it specifically when Len entered late in the 3rd. Even with Len they can attack it pretty well I think, just need better passing. Len is so big if he gets the ball in the middle he can kick out to shooters or step through to dunk it if there’s space … got to make quick reads with it though

It doesn’t surprise me in the least, it’s human nature to point fingers at someone or something when things don’t go your way. Looking in the mirror objectively and able to criticize yourself is a powerful skill/tool that most never develop. It’s always easier to look the other way.

A movie I watched several years ago said it best. “Don’t get me wrong, I look away, we all look away, but that is the difference between a man and a King.” Came from King Arthur (Charlie Hunnam version).
It doesn't surprise me from the 30,000 foot view - but it does surprise me it's to this degree. I feel like I'm doing customer discovery on the NBA fan. I'm trying to compare to the NFL or baseball. This doesn't happen in the NFL - we even have a phrase for it - Monday Morning Quarterback. That refers not to naming every excuse, but saying what you would have done differently. Baseball as well - there's generally way more accountability.

In fact that's one of the things that youth sports are purported to teach. I feel like the Ws have cultivated a fanbase of adult children. Is is something to do with spoiled tech bros?? I don't mean to be pejorative here, really trying to understand it. Yes, I know it's human nature - but to see it so rampant and so few of their own calling it out - seems abnormal.

It doesn't surprise me from the 30,000 foot view - but it does surprise me it's to this degree. I feel like I'm doing customer discovery on the NBA fan. I'm trying to compare to the NFL or baseball. This doesn't happen in the NFL - we even have a phrase for it - Monday Morning Quarterback. That refers not to naming every excuse, but saying what you would have done differently. Baseball as well - there's generally way more accountability.

In fact that's one of the things that youth sports are purported to teach. I feel like the Ws have cultivated a fanbase of adult children. Is is something to do with spoiled tech bros?? I don't mean to be pejorative here, really trying to understand it. Yes, I know it's human nature - but to see it so rampant and so few of their own calling it out - seems abnormal.
Nope, not abnormal, they are blaming us and the refs because that’s easier than admitting that their window has closed and they are aging out. Whether we win this series or not, it’s very clear the warriors of old are done. Still formidable and to be respected, but there’s longer that sense of them being untouchable or unbeatable. They have weaknesses. They are, all of a sudden, seemingly vulnerable and the fans have no idea how to accept that, so they reach into the excuse bag.

So now I am hearing suspended and not suspended. Green needs to be suspended for his own protection.
Going after Curry is logical but not ethical.
Get ready for Punkville on Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.