[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - Monday, Jan. 14 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah, but Porter fell from a sure top-5 player to, what, 15th this year on similar questions. Seems to be a similar range. I mean, had you asked me before the draft I'd have figured somebody would have taken a chance on Giles in sort of the 12-16 range, but 20 isn't shocking to me for a talented player with significant injury risk.
I think when you are a team looking outside of the top 10 and further, you just go BPA and hope the injuries that made a player drop get better.

Embiid went third in his draft despite having a bevy of injuries in college and breaking his foot during the draft process.

I agree that people being concerned about having an Oden situation on their hands had a hand in Harry falling but it's not like teams have been particularly averse to drafting injury concerns high in the draft.
Bit different though. Embiid dominated in college and still played 28 games. Harry was barely a rotation guy, looked bad in addition to his vast injury history.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, but Porter fell from a sure top-5 player to, what, 15th this year on similar questions. Seems to be a similar range. I mean, had you asked me before the draft I'd have figured somebody would have taken a chance on Giles in sort of the 12-16 range, but 20 isn't shocking to me for a talented player with significant injury risk.
But I mean OG went higher than him in the same draft despite having an even more recent leg injury and not being nearly the caliber of prospect that Giles was in his high school peak.

Are you seeing what I'm talking about with the little things? Starting a back cut and stopping = turnover. Three in the key penalty right after... when you already had one violation.... that's two dumb little things in a row for Willie.

Willie can stay. He’s calmed down the offense and is giving effort. That’s all that should be asked of him.

Bjeli has been rough though
Just to clear something up: I'M A HUGE WILLIE FAN!!! But not as a max contract guy, and not as a starter on this team going forward. He is an ideal 3rd big on our team. He just needs to be realistic in his own assessment of his game and accept 10-12M... and for that he can help us win a championship. Not jump ship and go for the 16-18M contract... though, again, I would not begrudge him that decision.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Just to clear something up: I'M A HUGE WILLIE FAN!!! But not as a max contract guy, and not as a starter on this team going forward. He is an ideal 3rd big on our team. He just needs to be realistic in his own assessment of his game and accept 10-12M... and for that he can help us win a championship. Not jump ship and go for the 16-18M contract... though, again, I would not begrudge him that decision.
Willie has future Mav written all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.