[Game] Kings v. Thunder - Wednesday, Dec. 11 - 7PT, 10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bagley comes in a gives us 10-15 points per game plus 5+ rebounds a game I dont see how we wont be making playoffs. We are beating good teams without him so how would it be a bad thing?

foul trouble (Holmes) and matchups (OKC only really plays one big at a time) undoubtedly played some role. Will be interesting to see how that plays out moving forward. The Knicks have about 8 power forwards in their rotation, so Walton may be more likely to play two-big lineups on Friday. I’m hoping to see the Holmes/Bagley pair get some run and be successful.
I want to see Giles get on the floor with Bagley again......

I’d add we absolutely need him to be able to use his right hand. Last night he left between 6 - 8 points on the board on plays where he had to spin into a defender just to get a shot off with his left hand when he could’ve spun the other way to get a clean shot off with his right.
Yeah this is an old problem - you could see it in his college highlights. Developing your off-hand is very useful and almost a necessity in the pros. Bogdan has down it very well.

I think that’s secondary to be honest. If he can’t defend or shoot but can use both hands around the rim, that doesn’t catapult him to being a high impact player. Show me a big man who is not a good defender, good shooter, or good passer, and I’ll show you a big man who’s not a team’s cornerstone.

Having an athletic big who can defend multiple positions well (C being one of them), knock down the three, and be a great lob threat is already quite the weapon.

Playmaking, ball handling, & off hand would be in the 2nd tier of development IMO, and would be what takes him from star to superstar level.
For Bagley his first preseason game as a rookie, I wasn't concerned with his poor shooting and offense that night because you could see his energy-level was outstanding......for this team they'll need scoring, but if he brings the similar level effort to Holmes the Kings defense is going to improve even more. Holmes was the absolute coup of the free-agency - Most knew he was a good value - but I think outdid those expectations I think.... - his play value is equal to any other player right now on the roster this season. Put another way, hypothetically Holmes getting injured would hurt this team more than anyone else I think. <uncrossed fingers>

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Nice. Crowdsource the GM job. My vote would be to build me a contender. I don't care about an 8th seed one year, then 5 more years of no playoffs. Maximize the talent of your draft picks.

Half the issues this organization has had up to this point results from too often bending to public perception and not focusing on the steps for building a solid foundation.
Can you just imagine half the fanbase wanting to build a contender through patience and the other half wanting to get into the playoffs now, and to have the entire thing go up in flames as the crowdsourcing cuts the middle between two completely different strategies?

If Bagley comes in a gives us 10-15 points per game plus 5+ rebounds a game I dont see how we wont be making playoffs. We are beating good teams without him so how would it be a bad thing?
I'm not sure they'll make the playoffs with Bagley getting 13 ppg/ 5 rpg - no guarantee - but you're right its a contribution.....its going to take more consistent guard play too. They need at least 1 of Fox, Heild, or Bogdan to have an efficient shooting night consistently to balance out scoring. Their defense is improved, but not good enough to carry them when they're collectively terrible on offense - yet. They're working on it.

Nice. Crowdsource the GM job. My vote would be to build me a contender. I don't care about an 8th seed one year, then 5 more years of no playoffs. Maximize the talent of your draft picks.

Half the issues this organization has had up to this point results from too often bending to public perception and not focusing on the steps for building a solid foundation.
Who is saying the Kings should run a poll. We have lots of polls on Kingsfan.

Status
Not open for further replies.