[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - Monday, Jan. 14 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's the 44th game of the season and NOBODY is talking about tanking. Such a relief. ;)

Matchup of the night: Lillard v. Fox Nurkic v. WCS

Keys to the game:
1. Heart, hustle, energy, effort
2. Play SMART
3. Focus, focus, focus
4. Rebounds are your friend

GO KINGS!!
Everything else I agree with! We just can't have Nurkic annihilate the Kings in the post. A back-to-back for Portland should help, and maybe Bagley and Giles also should help at the center position. Kings MUST WIN tonight! If they don't win tonight, I don't think they have a chance at the playoffs, imo.

The KINGS need this one badly. Gotta have it. Especially after choking the last game away against the Blazers.
They really need to even out their record against the Western Conference and for tiebreaking purposes if it ever comes down to it.

Right now, the KINGS are 12-18 against the West. 10-3 against the East.
The only teams in the West the KINGS currently have a H2H edge on are OKC, SA, DAL, MEM and MIN.
They are even with NO and PHX but can make things square with POR tonight.

Get it done!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Everything else I agree with! We just can't have Nurkic annihilate the Kings in the post. A back-to-back for Portland should help, and maybe Bagley and Giles also should help at the center position. Kings MUST WIN tonight! If they don't win tonight, I don't think they have a chance at the playoffs, imo.
I understand your reasoning but I still think the key will be Fox. We need him to run the legs off the Blazers. WCS can handle the pace but I don't think Nurkic will be able to keep up, especially after last night.

Kings record versus teams over .500 is something along the lines of 7-18....correct me if I'm wrong
7-17, but 15-4 against teams under .500. They have the second best record in the West against teams under .500. Beat the teams you are supposed to beat.

Also, the above/below .500 is a bit misleading since there are a number of teams near .500, fluctuating above and below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.