[Game] Kings @ Rockets - Monday, Dec. 9 - 5 PT, 8 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I meant to bring up last night, but forgot to ..... did anyone notice that BOTH teams had more attempts outside the 3 point arc than inside it?

They combined for NINETY-FIVE (95) three point attempts.

The KINGS had 45 three point attempts compared to 43 inside the arc, while ROX had 50 three point attempts compared to 34 inside the arc.

Welcome to today’s NBA!

The way the KINGS shot it on the night, the high volume was more than justified.

Couldn't see the game and was pleasantly surprised by that outcome.....would've been encouraged by a 2 pt loss on the road against the Rockets; beating them is much better. My gawd that was some of the absolute worst defense I've ever seen on Bjelica on the final shot.....do they not know he can hit 3s? Stupefyingly bad defense but we'll take it.....
I think it had more to do with the play design. Barnes seta pick for Buddy & then cut to the basket. Tucker had to help on Barnes (leaving Belly) to stop an easy layup. This left Belly open for the three.

Something I meant to bring up last night, but forgot to ..... did anyone notice that BOTH teams had more attempts outside the 3 point arc than inside it?

They combined for NINETY-FIVE (95) three point attempts.

The KINGS had 45 three point attempts compared to 43 inside the arc, while ROX had 50 three point attempts compared to 34 inside the arc.

Welcome to today’s NBA!

The way the KINGS shot it on the night, the high volume was more than justified.
I've been harping lately about them shooting too many threes but they took much better threes than normal last night. The majority were created by pump faking a three, driving past their man and then kicking the ball back out after help arrived. Catch and shoot threes are much more accurate than the dribble dribble dribble threes they've been taking a lot of lately. They'll have less sub 30% shooting nights if they continue to find each other for open looks like this.

Just shows you how bad a lot of basketball analysis is out there. Not that they predicted a win for the Rockets, but I would not consider the current squad playing a “young” team. We are right now a solid vet team, waiting to add back our young potential superstars!
I think one of the main reasons for the Kings' problems in the national media is a matter of simple economics. BSPN can't afford to have someone follow every team in depth. They have someone specifically to cover the Lakers, because that's where the ratings are.

The thing you quoted was apparently written by someone who didn't have time to do their own research. Before the game, I also thought the Kings didn't have much of a chance. The rest of it sounded it was written in October and hasn't been updated. Until the Kings give them a reason to look beyond the cliche, they probably won't. I see signs that's beginning to happen, but I'm waiting before I get too excited. I've been following this team too long.

I think one of the main reasons for the Kings' problems in the national media is a matter of simple economics. BSPN can't afford to have someone follow every team in depth. They have someone specifically to cover the Lakers, because that's where the ratings are.

The thing you quoted was apparently written by someone who didn't have time to do their own research. Before the game, I also thought the Kings didn't have much of a chance. The rest of it sounded it was written in October and hasn't been updated. Until the Kings give them a reason to look beyond the cliche, they probably won't. I see signs that's beginning to happen, but I'm waiting before I get too excited. I've been following this team too long.
Yep - I don’t disagree with anything you said. I just find it funny the amount of lazy basketball analysis out there....regardless of how obscure sac basketball is to the national audience.

Among the funnier things I’ve read and heard lately are Rockets fans complaining about officiating as if their team doesn’t generally come out on the better end of it. I mean, one of their players averages double figure FTA’s every single game. And does more moonwalking with a ball in his hand than Michael Jackson in his prime.

What’s next? Are NE Patriots fans gonna complain that they are unfairly treated too? Never mind.

Among the funnier things I’ve read and heard lately are Rockets fans complaining about officiating as if their team doesn’t generally come out on the better end of it. I mean, one of their players averages double figure FTA’s every single game. And does more moonwalking with a ball in his hand than Michael Jackson in his prime.

What’s next? Are NE Patriots fans gonna complain that they are unfairly treated too? Never mind.
Yeah that step back is a clear travel I don't know the type of double think the NBA required to allow it but it's insane he's allowed to do it like 10 times a game. Also there wings/guards were assaulting Holmes/Bjelica in the post.

I think it had more to do with the play design. Barnes seta pick for Buddy & then cut to the basket. Tucker had to help on Barnes (leaving Belly) to stop an easy layup. This left Belly open for the three.
Well he didn't have to help and shouldn't have. which is why it was awful defense.....With 1 second on the clock its catch and shoot - and down 2, a 3 pointer loses you the game - that's on him for not respecting the situation......so yeah its his poor blunder. Way too much space. Backs off of him way too quickly....and giving Bjelica about 7 feet of space almost - just daring him to shoot the ball wide open so Bjelica can set and wind up. The correct stance would've been to not give help and let Harden deal with a possible entry pass for 2.....which at worst ties the game.

This was similar to the Kings mistake against the Spurs - not respecting the 3 pointer but worse, as it only cost the Kings a tie and forced overtime.

I was actually astonished at the amount of calls the officials didn't give Harden compared to what they've given him the last few years. He still leads the league in free throw attempts but they were on the look out for most of that fake acting that he does. My favorite was when CoJo and someone else had him completely trapped in the corner so he threw the ball between them and just threw himself to the floor and thought he was going to get the whistle. It's also funny when he shoots 3 pointers, he almost always seems to jump sideways into the defender or he makes sure to swing his arm up into their body first. It's why he's never shot over 40% from 3, despite being one of the best shooters in the league. It works for him though because it seems like he gets the whistle on one or two 3 point shots a game.

He and D'antoni are smart for doing this. It's just annoying that it's taken the league so long to start correcting it. We pay to see basketball. If we want acting, we'll buy movie tickets.

I was actually astonished at the amount of calls the officials didn't give Harden compared to what they've given him the last few years. He still leads the league in free throw attempts but they were on the look out for most of that fake acting that he does. My favorite was when CoJo and someone else had him completely trapped in the corner so he threw the ball between them and just threw himself to the floor and thought he was going to get the whistle. It's also funny when he shoots 3 pointers, he almost always seems to jump sideways into the defender or he makes sure to swing his arm up into their body first. It's why he's never shot over 40% from 3, despite being one of the best shooters in the league. It works for him though because it seems like he gets the whistle on one or two 3 point shots a game.

He and D'antoni are smart for doing this. It's just annoying that it's taken the league so long to start correcting it. We pay to see basketball. If we want acting, we'll buy movie tickets.
Harden throws his bones around more than anyone.....he consistently initiates contact trying to goad calls out of any of the 3 referees. He's a very good player - but has fallen off in the playoffs during several occasions...the worst by far was on the Thunder early in his career, when he was playing a Playoff MVP type post-season and dropped off the map in the finals against James/Wade superteam.

Status
Not open for further replies.