[Game] Kings @ Rockets - Monday, Dec. 9 - 5 PT, 8 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a rotation mostly limited to 8 guys, the Kings are re-inventing themselves. Barnes and Bjelica are carrying more of the offense than normal, with Buddy ever present. The value of Joseph, Ariza and Holmes cannot be over estimated on defense. Barnes amd Bjelica are working on both ends. Bogdan is pretty good off the bench, but some players that are quick like Westbrook make him look really slow.

Uncharacteristically, the Kings are creating a lot of turnovers and turning the ball over less than their opponents. Holmes has really good hands. Walton has helped the team figure out how to block passing lanes. All of this is really important because the Kings are not a very good rebounding team. Against Houston it was something 52 to 38 against. The team's one weakness. Fox and Bagley can help in that department.

The team struggled at the end throwing up threes and allowing layups by the Rockets, but they never gave up. The Kings' confidence continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Beating Dallas and Houston on the road back to back is an amazing feat. I think it all starts with Cory Joseph taking on the all-stars every night. Holmes is solid the middle. The team defense has really improved. Walton has a lot to do with it. Tonight was just amazing.

Couldn't see the game and was pleasantly surprised by that outcome.....would've been encouraged by a 2 pt loss on the road against the Rockets; beating them is much better. My gawd that was some of the absolute worst defense I've ever seen on Bjelica on the final shot.....do they not know he can hit 3s? Stupefyingly bad defense but we'll take it.....

From thedreamshake:

Winners of four of their last five games, the Houston Rockets are expected to gain an easy win on Monday over the young and talented Sacramento Kings, according to ESPN’s BPI, who is giving the Rockets an 81.9% chance of winning.
Just shows you how bad a lot of basketball analysis is out there. Not that they predicted a win for the Rockets, but I would not consider the current squad playing a “young” team. We are right now a solid vet team, waiting to add back our young potential superstars!

Status
Not open for further replies.