[Grades] Kings @ Pelicans (#2) 10/19/18

Who is better?

• Nikola Mirotic

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Lebron James

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
but he's averaged 18pts through 2 games as the starter so far. He has done very well for himself... it's a matter of keeping it up. I don't think preseason play should have barring on his play
Buddy is a willing but not great passer. He needs to continue to work on his handle. I think Buddy is ideal coming off the bench for the following reasons:
1) Fox is best paired with a strong pass first 2 Guard and we have one in Bogi.
2) Many guys have egos that won’t allow them to excel off the bench Buddy isnt one of them.
3) The second unit needs a go to scorer and Buddy has the shooting to be that guy.

Buddy is a willing but not great passer. He needs to continue to work on his handle. I think Buddy is ideal coming off the bench for the following reasons:
1) Fox is best paired with a strong pass first 2 Guard and we have one in Bogi.
2) Many guys have egos that won’t allow them to excel off the bench Buddy isnt one of them.
3) The second unit needs a go to scorer and Buddy has the shooting to be that guy.
This is an opinion based argument, though I’d personally say

1. Bogdan will still be playing with Fox, and Buddy. That should help the playmaking, though, to have Bogdan on the court. Buddy has been playing SF, but it’s also questionable if Bogdan with his 7 foot wingspan could fill in there or is athletically better suited there. There is a hole on the wings that’s being filled by Yogi now. The teams best lineups statistically had Buddy/Bogdan together last year, I hope we will see if it benefits the team overall.

2. Just because Buddy came off the bench last year, without complaint, doesn’t mean his career objective is to be a bench player. Someone will eventually pay him a decent amount to start in free agency if not the Kings. I just don’t know many starting quality players who have wanted to spend their careers on the bench

3. You have a point. Hopefully Yogi helps, but it won’t be to Buddy’s level, to be sure. I’d stagger the starters out at different stages while playing them starter minutes (mid 30s), to mitigate some of the damage.