[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 10/22/2022 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Which Clipper could eat the most hardboiled eggs in one sitting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappearing for games at a time while looking like he's on the verge of death only to revert to the mean with a string of huge games is sorta Harrison's thing though. He'll be back at 16/7 in a couple of weeks.
Warriors fans blame Barnes for their championship series loss several years back to Cavs.

It was odd to see him miss FTs tonight - those are his strong-suit usually.

The only real issue is that bench. Yikes. Brown has some work cut out for him trying to figure out Monk and how he fits in.
Yeah. I'm not throwing out an all-star career from Sabonis from 2 bad games. That's foolish, he'll figure it out and play back to his norm.

I don't think Davion-Monk-Holmes-Barnes will continue to be this bad either, especially all in the same game. But as a team, we're relying on our depth and Fox/Sabonis in order to get wins. No coincidence we're 0-2 when the bench has been this bad and Sabonis is struggling.

I think we have to give Monk some time to gel with Mitchell. He seems to be a bit lost about his role with the 2nd unit. We aren’t really calling plays for him, but we brought him in for his offense and shooting.
Monk's really popped when he was playing off the attention of LeBron/Davis and being an elite floor spacer for them. Right now, we're expecting him to be a lead initator for creating his own offense and playmaking. That's not his game; it's much closer to what Huerter has been doing playing with the starters.

I'd like to see some Fox-Monk-Huerter-Murray-Sabonis type of minutes and get him back in that role. Expecting him to be Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams flame-thrower isn't where he needs to be.

Yeah. I'm not throwing out an all-star career from Sabonis from 2 bad games. That's foolish, he'll figure it out and play back to his norm.

I don't think Davion-Monk-Holmes-Barnes will continue to be this bad either, especially all in the same game. But as a team, we're relying on our depth and Fox/Sabonis in order to get wins. No coincidence we're 0-2 when the bench has been this bad and Sabonis is struggling.
Barnes looks tired too. I don't know why. Last year he was a total iron man. Barnes is being used quite a bit different as well. He was a clear cut option before and this year he struggling to even get looks. It will come to a head, and as of now I think spacing unit we saw at the end of the game will come out on top. Then Brown can selectively put in his "stoppers" in KZ/Davion around them.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I get cutino Mobley vibes from monk. When we got cutino we thought we would be a dynamic offense. His game dropped. I think monk thought he would be starter then the huerter trade went down now he is shell

This is probably the biggest takeaway from tonight tbh.

For years, Kings fans have been clamoring for a star wing and it looks like we finally have one.
we will see what happens but he is showing he might be able to play the 3. A shot blocking four at the deadline or in the off-season would be a nice get for this team.

I get cutino Mobley vibes from monk. When we got cutino we thought we would be a dynamic offense. His game dropped. I think monk thought he would be starter then the huerter trade went down now he is shell
Yeah kind of. The only difference is Cat was a super proven player. Monk has had 1 redemption year after getting jerked around in his first few seasons. That is a concern.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Barnes looks tired too. I don't know why. Last year he was a total iron man. Barnes is being used quite a bit different as well. He was a clear cut option before and this year he struggling to even get looks. It will come to a head, and as of now I think spacing unit we saw at the end of the game will come out on top. Then Brown can selectively put in his "stoppers" in KZ/Davion around them.
Barnes was our only post option until the sabonis trade. Barnes not getting ball in paint anymore. I think Barnes needs to be on floor anytime sabonis sits

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
watching post game and screw those two clowns in Clips jerseys behind Morgan clamoring for attention like it's bad enough when you're a fan of the home team to be that big of an attention whore.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Another disappointing loss.

Just not enough guys playing well. We expected some good balance but the Kings look pretty thin. I wasn’t expecting that.

another sub par game by Sabonis. A little better than the Portland game but he just seems like an average big out there. It seems his timing his way off. Going up at the wrong times, too many pump fakes. It seems like the game is too fast for him right now. Just completely out of rhythm. I’m not worried about it long term but it’s going to be hard for the Kings to win if Sabonis is just a big body. There’s typically a fluidity to his game and right now there is nothing smooth about his play.

Barnes has looked lost in this team even through the preseason. His three pointers aren’t even close. Missing layups. Free throws. Getting smoked on defense. It might be him that ends up coming off the bench for Keegan.

KZ would be fine if the rest of the front court was contributing offensively. It hasn’t happened yet. With Sabonis and Barnes also not scoring he just looks like part of the problem.

Mitchell’s bricks are adding up. He’s also great defensively but a lot of great defensive guards have bricked themselves out of rotations. Mitchell is a streak shooter though so he’ll have his big games offensively and his spot will be justified…just hasn’t been these first two games

Monk was lousy again. He didn’t do a damn thing right in this one.

Holmes has been terrible. Not contributing anything. Not in the box score or the things that don’t show up in the box score. Just terrible.

The good

Fox has looked the best of his career. Shooting well from deep, mid range. Getting to the hoop. Free throws are still bad but hard to find anything much to complain about. He’s played like a star

Huerter was excellent again. I wish he would look for his shot more. He can shoot. Create. He’s tall. I’m not sure if creating for himself is really part of his repertoire but I thought I saw some of that in Atlanta. Either way, he’s been a great addition.

Murray is ready to start. He didn’t look like a rookie. Kings were better with him on the floor.

TD played well again.

It feels like another game that if Sabonis played well, it’s an easy win for the Kings. That’s encouraging because I don’t expect Sabonis to have a bad season…but hopefully the Kings don’t dig this hole too deep. They’ve lost two winnable games at home to start the season

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Everyone's saying that Domas had a bad game tonight but he had a double double with 7 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals, and only two turnovers so just imagine how good a good game will be.
He missed some gimme shots in a close game its frustrating but yeah, he also got some stops and boards and I get that guy he was traded for is having a nice season can we also consider what Fox is doing right now in all of this?

Aside from the FTs I can't believe how negative I am on Barnes after 2 games.

Also, burying the lead, but yeah. As expected, Keegan Murray is a stud.

The DHO stuff with Sabonis is unreal and needs to be used significantly more often. His footwork to get a quick shot up is incredible, Sabonis is amazing at giving him space and he basically just has a free shot attempt every time. We saw some really great looking creation moves too, including a Dirk-esq fadeway after some dribble penetration. Competed well on defense too, even on PG. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap with some of these shots PG was making; you basically couldn't defend them better.

Fox continues his all-star start. Just night and day difference from the beginning of last season; he's engaged on both ends, he's staying aggressive and no one can stay in front of him when he's getting downhill. What's helped his shot I think is he's not doing all the creation himself; he's actually getting some open C&S attempts which is a positive change Dirty shame we've wasted these 2 amazing performances.

Huerter early returns could not be better. Just looks absolutely perfect next to Fox/Sabonis and is playing his spacer/secondary creator role to perfection. He's basically bigger Buddy Hield that can dribble and pass the ball. Looks to be a steal of an acquisition.

KZ has played his role to near perfection as well. The defense looks incredibly legit; PG made some impossible shots, but he gets tough contests better than any Kings player I can remember in recent memory. Chip in a 3/a loose ball dunk here or there and he very much looks like a good 15-20 MPG rotation guy. If the rest of the guys were doing their job, his impact would be more felt.

Brown won't do it, but moving Barnes to the bench at the 4 and letting him be a more the lead shot-creator makes more sense than leaving Keegan there. Right now, he's not a guy that's going to create his own shot; he's going to work off Sabonis in the DHO and launch C&S 3's. Barnes ISO ability plays better in that unit that has severely lacked that ability through 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.