[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 10/22/2022 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Which Clipper could eat the most hardboiled eggs in one sitting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Miami could really use Harrison Barnes just saying.....Not sure pairing Monk/Mitchell two low IQ players on offense is a great idea either.
the issue there is that the only way the salaries work is either we add more salary and get one of their stars back or trade HB for Duncan Robinson (ewwwwww) and Jovic. They also have like no draft picks.

I might wrong here, but Sabonis seems like a defensive liability at center vs big guys like Nurk or Zubac, Id rather bench Barnes and start keegan at SF, put Sabonis at PF and let Len and Queta split time at center to protect the paint... We get fox to attack the basket, 2 good shooters with huerter and keegan, great rebounding with sabonis and paint protecting with either Len or Queta. Better this than seeing Barnes and Richaun embarrassing themselves for the rest of the year

wow I just can’t believe the free throw shooting. our Opponents starters didn’t miss a single free throw and ours missed like 10. All those tapes of our kings doing sprints after missing a free throw in training camp must not of sunk into their heads.

If that stat continues our whole team might be a candidate for our opponents using the hack-a-shak defense in crunch time.

Monk's really popped when he was playing off the attention of LeBron/Davis and being an elite floor spacer for them. Right now, we're expecting him to be a lead initator for creating his own offense and playmaking. That's not his game; it's much closer to what Huerter has been doing playing with the starters.

I'd like to see some Fox-Monk-Huerter-Murray-Sabonis type of minutes and get him back in that role. Expecting him to be Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams flame-thrower isn't where he needs to be.
This is spot on. Right now we seem to be trying to use Monk like rookie year Monk where there was still expectations that he could be a superstar scorer. He needs to be playing off Sabonis (assuming the real Sabonis shows up soon….) Are there any stats out there to show our +/- over the first two games when Huerter has played the 3? It’s hard to track sometimes in the flow of the game, but seems like it has happened a little bit. I really think he can defensively handle most 3s better than Barnes.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I can see why KZ is getting run. When Murray came in it was HB that went to the bench first which is great. I’d also move Murray into the lineup to start replacing HB.

Watching Clippers and their stable of big wings, I’m wondering if Brown might go Lyles as the stretch 5 AND play Moneke with Murray and Huerter and Davion…..when Clips go all wings lineup.

Was impressed with the D played by their all wing lineup. Some of those wings are not offensive but put them together and it’s length and quickness. Brown seems like a coach who will tinker and put lineups out there that will work.

But we need a much bigger sample size AND we need the 4 core guys to actually start playing to their potential to evaluate.

Monk's really popped when he was playing off the attention of LeBron/Davis and being an elite floor spacer for them. Right now, we're expecting him to be a lead initator for creating his own offense and playmaking. That's not his game; it's much closer to what Huerter has been doing playing with the starters.

I'd like to see some Fox-Monk-Huerter-Murray-Sabonis type of minutes and get him back in that role. Expecting him to be Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams flame-thrower isn't where he needs to be.
Not enough connectors on the team. While I don't disagree with your analysis, when he's on the court, there are too many dudes, who's first instinct is to dominate the ball rather to the move the ball via quick passes (ala GSW). Given the personnel, Davis is a much better fit, because Davis provides more defense (sorely needed) and a bit more on ball production (better handles, better drive and pop). Some dudes need to go for him to be maximized (likely, because of the contract) or he's going to be Holmes 2.0 post contract, post Hali.

This is spot on. Right now we seem to be trying to use Monk like rookie year Monk where there was still expectations that he could be a superstar scorer. He needs to be playing off Sabonis (assuming the real Sabonis shows up soon….) Are there any stats out there to show our +/- over the first two games when Huerter has played the 3? It’s hard to track sometimes in the flow of the game, but seems like it has happened a little bit. I really think he can defensively handle most 3s better than Barnes.
I think T. Davis is a better player than Monk. Play him with Huerter and they can switch off on 2's and 3's

Status
Not open for further replies.