[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 1/3 @5pm

Well atleast the 49ers made the playoffs so i can try to stop remembering the Kings are playing, this game is really making me mad.

Maybe coach is trying to "send a message" to cousins/reke/thornton... or maybe it's just because they have looked more like rookies this year than the actual rookies...

But I guess a rookie of the year award and some rare high scoring games bail them out...
I have a message for Westphal... it's so simple all it requires is one finger to sign it out.

You are basing your beliefs off of sheep mentality - "I hear other people say it so I'll say it to, then I will sound educated on the matter." Jimmer is not an all-star defender. But he has not been a liability on the floor. He's had a few "wtf" moments (just like every other player on the team) - however, many of those came when Coach W set him up to fail with awful matchups against guys 5 inches taller than him.

He also has more to his offense than just 3-point shooting, which - if you've watched the games - you have already seen. He's shown an ability to get to the hoop. run the offense, and distribute the ball. His fg% has been poor... good job on figuring that one out. But, like Evans, you apparently think "OMG SCORE LOTS UV POINTZ!!!" is all there is to the game of basketball... when it's not.
Hahahahaha. Some golden material in there. nice!

So you are suggesting that I base my opinion on Jimmers defense by how he defends players who can't score. Ok, perfect. What a fierce defender he is! Guess what, you defend who you defend. No qualifiers. He is simply not good on defense. Thomas is better with 4 less inches of height. As far as being a liability, its all relative. He is the biggest liability on defense out of the players who get frequent minutes. He is always the best matchup to attack for the other team.

And I guess you don't understand or didn't care to understand what I even said. Isaiah has been better in his low amount of minutes. Will he be as good with more minutes? I have no idea, but he has played well (and is playing really well right now, go me!).

I like Jimmer, but I have seen AT LEAST as many flaws in his game as I have strengths so far this season.

His shooting has been poor, his defense has been poor, his court vision has been fine to good, his ball handling has been average at best, his decision making off the dribble has left much to be desired.

And again, same might be able to be said about Thomas, but I don't know. He hasn't had enough chances to make mistakes.

Coming back from break Memphis PA blasting... you been THUNDERSTRUCK - Kings. And have they, reminds me a few years ago on the road in Cleveland when similar Kings debacle had them playing PURPLE HAZE!

The only players worth a damn in this game are Hickson and Fredette. Hickson has a double double. Everybody else needs to either give a full effort or learn what a pass is because they've never heard of it.

The only way we win is if Tyreke and Thorton make jump shots. All individual talent.

Get the ball to Cousins in the high post and have Reke, Thorton, Thomas or Jimmer cut to the rim.

Screw it, this isn't happening with this coach.

Fire Westphal. Make an offer to Jerry Sloan. Hell while your at it, bring in Webber as a big man coach and mentor Cousins. Hey a guy can dream.

Hahahahaha. Some golden material in there. nice!

So you are suggesting that I base my opinion on Jimmers defense by how he defends players who can't score. Ok, perfect. What a fierce defender he is! Guess what, you defend who you defend. No qualifiers. He is simply not good on defense. Thomas is better with 4 less inches of height. As far as being a liability, its all relative. He is the biggest liability on defense out of the players who get frequent minutes. He is always the best matchup to attack for the other team.

And I guess you don't understand or didn't care to understand what I even said. Isaiah has been better in his low amount of minutes. Will he be as good with more minutes? I have no idea, but he has played well (and is playing really well right now, go me!).

I like Jimmer, but I have seen AT LEAST as many flaws in his game as I have strengths so far this season.

His shooting has been poor, his defense has been poor, his court vision has been fine to good, his ball handling has been average at best, his decision making off the dribble has left much to be desired.

And again, same might be able to be said about Thomas, but I don't know. He hasn't had enough chances to make mistakes.
When people start off their response with "hahahahahaha" it's usually a sign they're running short on things to say. Just sayin'.

But anyway...

I have to simply disagree with you on Jimmer's defense, I guess. Again - I'm not saying he's a good defender. But this "Jimmer is killing us on defense" argument you are making is - again - based off of sheep mentality. You've heard others say it, so you're just repeating it. Other posters on this board have done play-by-play analysis on our defense which have shown that Jimmer's defense has not been much worse than the rest of the team's... you can either base your opinions off of fact, or off of popular opinion - which is it gonna be? You're seeing something that isn't there right now.

Here's a question: Do you think Jimmer's play has been as detrimental to our defense as Reke's play has been to our offense? I think you know the answer. Whether or not you can admit it is another thing. Regardless, you know the answer.

I'd like to see IT + Jimmer run this offense just for one game and see what happens. The LAST time it happened was against the Lakers - arguably the best team we've played so far - and we won. Probably a coincidence.

Last edited:
The only way we win is if Tyreke and Thorton make jump shots. All individual talent.

Get the ball to Cousins in the high post and have Reke, Thorton, Thomas or Jimmer cut to the rim.

Fire Westphal. Make an offer to Jerry Sloan. Hell while your at it, bring in Webber as a big man coach and mentor Cousins. Hey a guy can dream.
Well said.

Which is the telltale signs of a complete and utter lack of structure. Cousins is your best player and his biggest role in the offense this year has been put backs and setting screens. :(

Would i be a homer in saying he reminds me of Allen Iverson?
That's a fair comparison, I suppose. I see more Gilbert Arenas, but I see where your head's at. Jimmer's game involves strength and intelligence. Contrary to popular belief, Jimmer has great size at the PG position. Jimmer reminds me of Deron Williams, too. It's not about how much you weigh, but where the weight is distrubuted. Jimmer is so strong below the waist and he can uproot people to get his shot off.

Why are we a team that has to live and die by the 3?!

We have guys who with post up skills. We have guys who can slash and get to the rim. Is it crazy to think this team could afford to run a damn pick and roll every once and a while.

Oh and have you ever seen a team miss more put backs in your life?
Just grab the ****ing ball and kick it out. Chuck Hayes I'm talking to you with your 1" vertical leap. I'm sorry but this guy can not a starting center.

Grant and Jerry are talking like we're playing the '95 Bulls. No we're getting blown out by a team that we should be able to actually compete against. What an absolutely terrible performance. No identity out there. Out hustled, out coached and pretty much out played on every aspect. This short season is going to blow by too quickly and is way too important for this team staying in Sac. Something has to change. Get some leadership in here to right the ship before its too late.
Peaches has to do something to convince himself in his mind that this organization is the best thing since the ice cream sandwich.

The only players worth a damn in this game are Hickson and Fredette. Hickson has a double double. Everybody else needs to either give a full effort or learn what a pass is because they've never heard of it.
Hickson was a big problem out there actually. His defense and rebounding is horrible. He gets board simply by out-jumping others, but he gives up as many as he gets by not boxing out. Considering that rebounding and interior D were the reasons the Grizz were able to put points, Hickson's stats are pretty empty.