[Game] Kings vs. Grizzlies 10/27/2022 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
What happened to Richaun Holmes? He's been playing at Mateen levels ever since that eye injury.

Does the Kings defense really suck this bad or are certain players just randomly able to shoot 80% against us, no matter what the difficulty level is on their shots?

Also counted 7 points the refs spotted the Grizz. Two missed calls on out of bounds plays that went for 5 points and then pretending like Keegan would purposely knee Adams in the nuts that cost them 2 points. Another fantastic night of reffing.
At least one obvious blown goaltending call as well.

What happened to Richaun Holmes? He's been playing at Mateen levels ever since that eye injury.

Does the Kings defense really suck this bad or are certain players just randomly able to shoot 80% against us, no matter what the difficulty level is on their shots?

Also counted 7 points the refs spotted the Grizz. Two missed calls on out of bounds plays that went for 5 points and then pretending like Keegan would purposely knee Adams in the nuts that cost them 2 points. Another fantastic night of reffing.
Def some of this going on too. I think Bane has taken a leap, but that 3 that Keegan defended at the end of the half was basically perfect defense.. dude just drained it. And he probably had at least 2 or 3 more of those kind of shots that went in.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Based on the tweet I shared earlier the latter is at least partially true.

I'd like to know what the hell Brown was doing with the rotations last night. I know some complained about Keegan getting pulled but he did play ~40 mins, most on the team. Sabonis got into foul trouble, not sure how much that impacted things. But damn, it felt random at times. And yet planned. I don't get it.

Yeah...I tend to agree with this approach as well...You don't want to pull the plug too early, which is what some on this forum seem to want to do, or so it seems like they do. It is best to hold off, evaluate the team around the 20-25 game mark, and then decide what direction to take.
if you want to decide and move you best start discussing options now.

What part of Missouri do you live in? I ask because Kansas City is closer geographically to both Chicago and Oklahoma City than it is to Memphis. If you live on the west side of the state, you shouldn't be subject to blackout for Grizzlies games... Are you subject to blackouts when the Grizzlies play other NBA teams?
I’m right in the middle, in Columbia. Kind of a coin toss, depending on which way the wind is blowing…

I want Fox to take Morant's soul. This is one of those rare occasions where I would rather we shut down a specific player th
Based on the tweet I shared earlier the latter is at least partially true.

I'd like to know what the hell Brown was doing with the rotations last night. I know some complained about Keegan getting pulled but he did play ~40 mins, most on the team. Sabonis got into foul trouble, not sure how much that impacted things. But damn, it felt random at times. And yet planned. I don't get it.
New coach and new players? 4 games lost against 3/4 of the top teams in the west, and another that has started hot. I'd like a win as much as everyone else, but if anyone thought this would go well early they were kidding themselves.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I want Fox to take Morant's soul. This is one of those rare occasions where I would rather we shut down a specific player th

New coach and new players? 4 games lost against 3/4 of the top teams in the west, and another that has started hot. I'd like a win as much as everyone else, but if anyone thought this would go well early they were kidding themselves.
yeah but if you saw what was posted - the perimeter defense is actually best in the NBA at contesting 3s, but when breakdowns occur, our opponents are shooting >20% above the league average for all of last year.

We are literally doing everything we can and teams are just having magical nights against us.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
yeah but if you saw what was posted - the perimeter defense is actually best in the NBA at contesting 3s, but when breakdowns occur, our opponents are shooting >20% above the league average for all of last year.

We are literally doing everything we can and teams are just having magical nights against us.
I'd be interested in knowing what Desmond Bane's expected 3P% was on the shots he took, considering the contest level. Dude hit at .750 last night, usually with a big hand in his face. Would he have been expected to hit even .250 on those shots?

The problem with this line of thinking is you’re essentially saying it’s okay for the Kings to stink. If we excuse every lose to a playoff team that’s ~46 games right (~42 if we’re top 8 but doesn’t work here). Good teams trade losses with the other good teams but if we get railroaded against a tough schedule and then even average a 2:1 win ratio against the other bad teams we’re back on track for 30 wins. Again.

We’ve also had 3 of 4 at home and the 4th being in SF so there’s been minimal travel time so far.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I'd be interested in knowing what Desmond Bane's expected 3P% was on the shots he took, considering the contest level. Dude hit at .750 last night, usually with a big hand in his face. Would he have been expected to hit even .250 on those shots?
seriously what do you do?

Were 0-4. I can't really get excited about stuff like this.
Still better than before. Walton had a knack for taking that kind of talent and not only not winning, but making them look marginal. Nothing is worse than not winning AND having your best assets used completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.