[Game] Kings vs. Grizzlies 10/27/2022 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You honestly think that matters? Seems she forgot all about basketball with the way she calls games. She dam sure forgets who she works for.

Dame
Steph
George
Morant

Thats litterally the only names I've been hearing out here mouth as far as can do no wrong. It's freakin irritating. She was litteraly calling Dame Time in the 4th
And Jerry "I once saw Klay drop 37 points on us in a quarter! Did you know that?" Reynolds is the remedy for that particular phenomenon?
Would you rather someone not comment on how good or bad someone on the other team is playing?

Warriors 3x, LAC, Grizzlies, Heat 2x, Cavs and a vastly improved Blazers team for 9 of their first 11 games truly is a bloodbath schedule. If the Kings can beat the Hornets, Magic, Lakers, steal one vs the Heat and escape this start 4-7, you might still have something on the season.
if they aren’t 4-7 then they need to start thinking about tanking for Victor.

And Jerry "I once saw Klay drop 37 points on us in a quarter! Did you know that?" Reynolds is the remedy for that particular phenomenon?
Would you rather someone not comment on how good or bad someone on the other team is playing?
I'd rather they not predict that they are going to effectively roast are team before it even happens! Is that ok? Everyone knows they are good. And for the record dame didn't have a good game, morant also had a below average game for his standards. Kings announcers job is to be bias towards the kings!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I like Jerry but having lived through some really great announcers past their twilight I think it's great that he's off enjoying his retirement.
Tommy Heinsohn was a Boston institution but I’ll be damned if his last five or so years weren’t an unlistenable mess. Getting league pass has opened my eyes to how absolutely awful/past their primes some of these announcing crews are.

I'd rather they not predict that they are going to effectively roast are team before it even happens! Is that ok? Everyone knows they are good. And for the record dame didn't have a good game, morant also had a below average game for his standards. Kings announcers job is to be bias towards the kings!
the Kings announcers job is to entertain and inform. Most other announcers try to show a modicum of impartiality. Chick was the best.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm sure his wife is enjoying his retirement too. Sucks people are clamoring for that poor man to return. Let him ride off into the sunset.

And F Grant.
Yeah, the fact of the matter is that Jerry has publicly admitted that his health isn’t really at the point where he can work games anymore. He doesn’t really do any work besides his bi-weekly podcast and even that sometimes comes out late/behind schedule.

The crappy part (for me at least) is that I live in Vegas, am trying to save money so I can get the heck out at some point, and, as a result, don't have league pass, or any of the streaming services so I can watch the Kings.

The not so crappy part is that the Kings aren't a good team, so I really am not missing a whole lot at the end of the day.

The worst part, however, is that I feel like I am engaged in the world's longest, and most frustrating, nightmare....

Last postseason appearance: 2006
Last winning season: 2005-2006

Longest active postseason drought in the 4 major North American sports...

And, unless this team goes on a 10-0 run here very soon, I don't see how we break through this year and sneak in. The West may be more wide open than it has in the years past. But we're still the Sacramento Kings. It might just be our destiny to, at the end of the day, be a mediocre, underwhelming franchise for the rest of eternity.

My ex wife offered me free lower level tickets and I'm not sure i want to waste my time. My younger self who collected every single ticket stub and box score for every game i attended since 1986 would be absolutely blown away that I'm probably gonna pass on free lower level tix.

Tommy Heinsohn was a Boston institution but I’ll be damned if his last five or so years weren’t an unlistenable mess. Getting league pass has opened my eyes to how absolutely awful/past their primes some of these announcing crews are.
I felt like Chick's last year or two wasn't that great. You really saw huge declines with football, Madden and Keith Jackson especially.

Tommy was always a bit of a guy only a Bostonian could love I think. I go back to the 90s when I lived there and him and Cous could be really horrible if you didn't know who they were.

I would say the 20 game mark would be an appropriate time to evaluate what to do after New Years.
Yeah...I tend to agree with this approach as well...You don't want to pull the plug too early, which is what some on this forum seem to want to do, or so it seems like they do. It is best to hold off, evaluate the team around the 20-25 game mark, and then decide what direction to take.

I've seen just about enough out of Holmes to say the sooner we can move on the better.
Hopefully that time hasn't passed Monte on by. If he could have even split his deal in two he should have done that already. Even if this team is where it should be at some point the highest paid backup C in the league isn't good value. And in reality his deal is potentially keeping this team from being able to make much needed waves next summer in FA.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I can't help but wonder how much Reynolds' fanbase is informed by what age they were when they first started listening to him? Like, I started "rooting" for the Kings when I was in high school (for previously stated reasons that were, in hindsight, utterly ridiculous) but, because I've never lived in California, the first time I actually listened to a local Kings broadcast, I was already in my late twenties, and I disliked Napear and Reynolds immediately. I'd listen to the radio broadcast instead, whenever it was available.

I just hope they don't make impulse win now trades like the haliburton one.
Well, it would be pretty tough for him to do so anyway after the Huerter trade. That's why this is kind of it for now, they have to win or else. If this did happen to go into another direction the cycle starts over again. A new GM with a freshly signed holdover coach. From day 1 they've done this all backwards. No pressure here folks, not at all! hahaha. This is up to coach Brown the players now.

Status
Not open for further replies.