Doug Christie

Like I've said before, only downside to Christie coming back is if Adelman overplays him. Sure, Adelman has always had his preferences and philosophies as far as guys he used per game, but I would think he would chance accordingly if we didnt have a stud like Bobby coming off the bench as a 1/2. He knows Christie is older now and we need to develop our young guys. I don't see him hindering their development just to do what he thinks would help us win more this season so that he can get resigned.

Fine, if we don't resign Christie, ask him to come back as an assistant coach, at least to help Cisco/Martin develop. And to have him teach Bibby some D :D.

Alright, whoever is saying there are no mentors in sports is either trying to stir up stuff, or completley ignorant. I mean, this is the same team that had Vlade-Peja for 6 or 7 years. But I guess there are no mentors in sports.

Besides sentimental reasons that I expressed earlier, there are no other backup PG possibilities that really knock my socks off, especially at the price/years they are asking for. I like Watson, but I wouldn't want to sign him for 4-5 years. He wants a place where he can start, and he will never start so long as Bibby is here. Dixon is alright, but kind of fragile mentally.

I am a pretty big proponent of a youth movement, but need some old wisemen around, and I think Doug would be great. He'd be a stabilizing force out there when Garcia, Martin, Bonzi, and Barnes get flustered.

O

ONEZERO

Venom said:
Alright, whoever is saying there are no mentors in sports is either trying to stir up stuff, or completley ignorant. I mean, this is the same team that had Vlade-Peja for 6 or 7 years. But I guess there are no mentors in sports.
huh? vlade and peja played major roles in our team buddy. what r u talking about?

O

ONEZERO

Mad D said:
Read again. He is saying Vlade was a mentor to Peja.
u can mentor all u want as long as u are a player... vlade was a player and a starter, so it didnt matter what he did off the court.

Vlade was most definitely a mentor to Peja. That's what Venom is talking about. Peja was not a major player on the Kings when he first arrived.

Sorry Mad D. I got interrupted and you beat me. Vlade was a mentor on and off the court.

O

ONEZERO

kennadog said:
Vlade was most definitely a mentor to Peja. That's what Venom is talking about. Peja was not a major player on the Kings when he first arrived.
how can u possibly compare christie today to the vlade of 7 years ago? vlade still had gas in the tank and he still had a career to right. christie is on the verge of retirement.

ONEZERO said:
how can u possibly compare christie today to the vlade of 7 years ago? vlade still had gas in the tank and he still had a career to right. christie is on the verge of retirement.
I don't get your point. No one is comparing them as players. We're talking about the ability to mentor. And no one is saying sign Doug long-term or as a starter. Especially since his surgery, he may be able to provide some good minutes on the floor as a sub for some team.