[Game] Kings @ Spurs, 11/10/21 5:30pm Pacific, 8:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
People don't deserve 40 million a year to throw a ball through an orange hoop. So? And everything you say is true conceptually speaking, but who cares and how does that mentality help the franchise? I'm sure the fans on this board only care about that. You have player fans but those are small minority I'm sure. Look, if I have an asset I don't want, I would do everything in my power to shine that up ASAP. It's too late now to fix any of this but it's like eliminating your mortal enemy by tying them to you and jumping off a mountain. Where does that get you exactly? Cut your nose off to spite your face.
Truth can only benefit a franchise. And the truth can only benefit Bagley as well. The truth is he's been coddled since high school (maybe sooner) and now he's a spoiled brat. Truth is that you don't remedy coddling by more coddling. In fact, the sympathy that Bagley is getting from his cohorts and family members (and some fans) is not helping him in the least. Did you ever read, Captain's Courageous or see the movie? Bagley is the spoiled brat at this point and I hoped he gets knocked in the face (metaphorically of course) for his own good. He has no clue.

By the way, it has absolutely nothing with "mortal enemy." He's not a mortal enemy of me or of the Kings.

As far as compensation to the Kings, I think that bridge was crossed many moons ago. The Kings are going to next to nothing. More truth. We all have to deal with that.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Weak signals are where the money is. While people wait for more data, people who actually do know how to turn early data into action are jumping ahead of everyone else.
Yes and those people are mostly making terrible decisions because they have incomplete information. But then it's not surprising that money and terrible decisions would be found together I suppose.

Yes and those people are mostly making terrible decisions because they have incomplete information. But then it's not surprising that money and terrible decisions would be found together I suppose.
Since yhall think I’m foolish for thinking there is sufficient data to say the guards won’t work, I’ll wager you and Jamal that this team, as constructed, won’t make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs, yhall win.

Playoffs = the actual playoffs. Making the play in tourney does not count.

A major trade nullifies the bet unless it involves one of the three guards. If one of them is traded, I win the bet.

The wager can be a loft for a game during the 2022 to 23 season. And the loser has to attend. Deal?

I think we have enough data to know that Harkless is cooked and has been for a while now. He's been declining like he's 5 years older than he really is and that didn't just start this season. TT is also not a very good player anymore. Not as bad as Harkless but you're happy if he just doesn't do anything to hurt the team at this point.

Boucher's minutes have been cut in Toronto from 24mpg last year to 14mpg this year. I'm not sure why but I'd like to see McNair make a play on him. He would have an immediate impact.
Well, we've known on Harkless since before the season. He's like an end of a rotation/end of bench guy who can come in and give you good spot defensive wing minutes. His 22 MPG now should ideally be cut in half or even just spot minutes. TT I was hyped with all the "team leader" stuff, but it looks like McNair whiffed here. Len just flat out looks better and we could really really be using Delon Wright if the plan was just 95% 3-guard lineups anyway. Talk about a perfect guy to move down to the 3.

And yeah Nurse has been weirdly resistant to Boucher getting starter minutes. He just smashes every time he gets massive run, it really doesn't make any sense. If I were a contender, I'd flip my late first for him in a heartbeat to get him as an "over the top" piece. His rim protection can help a ton of those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.