[Game] Kings vs. Clippers 11/18/16 7:30PT/10:30ET

They were hoping wcs would come along and Koufos would back up is my guess but Joerger is forced to start him because we have no other option. papa lol wow
Yeah WCS has been a turd so far. Every game is the same. Has a couple bad misses. Shows a couple decent flashes in the post. Doesn't rebound at all. Doesn't block anyone and fouls the hell out of whoever he's guarding until he's pulled.

Rinse and repeat.

I was really hoping he would be the starting PF/C next to Cousins this year but I don't blame Joerger for not putting him out there because he's stunk up the joint at the one thing he's supposed to be good at. Defense.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Well he's a backup center so I'm not surprised at all that he isn't doing particularly well starting. He's a positive player off the bench in limited minutes as a backup and a negative player starting while playing big minutes. Of course these guys are going to struggle when playing out of position.
I have seen kosta have positive play maybe 5% of the time since he came to Sacramento. Is there a 3 & D guy that is 6'9 +

Oh yeah, 1 possession game in the final 2 minutes. What doubt could there be?
We've both watched enough basketball to know that the team that sprints to a huge lead lets up, and does enough to hold on 90-95% of the time. There was basis for consternation on the side of the Clippers, but personally I never really felt like we were going to overtake them.

Because legitimate criticism exempts you from watching the dominant team let their foot of the pedal out of boredom or over-confidence or both, and let the inferior team make the final score respectable but really never truly in doubt? Um....okay.
Damn those shoes must be a perfect fit

Coach J: "I've seen enough. I'm going to play small. DeMarcus is going to play center."

Against Toronto? o_O

He better be talking about just Koufos and not going with Lawson and DC against them. If so you are just recreating more of the mistakes made by Karl. Although Lawson has been a much better defender than Rondo was last year. DC or Lawson on DeRozan could be a bad idea. I say Temple moves in, and Afflalo slides over.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He better be talking about just Koufos and not going with Lawson and DC against them. If so you are just recreating more of the mistakes made by Karl. Although Lawson has been a much better defender than Rondo was last year. DC or Lawson on DeRozan could be a bad idea. I say Temple moves in, and Afflalo slides over.
I'm guessing it might be something as simple as swapping Kosta for Barnes.

So now playing small with 2 PGs and Rudy at the 4 is good? I feel like that's something that's been criticized heavily before but I just can't put my finger on it. Something vaguely about Rudy out of position and a bad year and whatnot.

So now playing small with 2 PGs and Rudy at the 4 is good? I feel like that's something that's been criticized heavily before but I just can't put my finger on it. Something vaguely about Rudy out of position and a bad year and whatnot.
Small doesn't mean 2 PGsat all and no way would Joerger take one away from the bench.

We could start:

Lawson-AA-Barnes-Gay-DMC
Or
Lawson-Temple-Barnes-Gay-DMC

collison/lawson
temple/Ben
barnes/afflalo
gay/WCS/
cousins/koufos

i feel is our best starting 5. enough shooting threat here. not a big fan of temple but afflalo isn't cutting it lately. pleasantly surprised by lawson tonight. Team needs a change up as they start slowly every night. This lineup will also help us start better. Play Collison some with the 2nd team to keep some scoring punch in the game.

K

KingMilz

Temple should not be playing under 32-34 minutes a game, he's easily the best defender and energy guy on the team and he rarely makes idiotic plays. The guy if given the minutes would probably become the 3rd most important player on the team imo. I don't care where if plays if its back up SF/PG or starting SG there's no way this guy should not be playing heavy rotations minutes with the team we have.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Its not good, it just happened to work in this case to switch things up.

Try it every night and we are toast. But that's not who Joerger is.

Playing Rudy or Barnes at the 4 is the best thing Joerger can do with this roster. Nothing changed there from last year. You have Cuz as your main guy? You need someone mobile, who can shoot as his frontcourt wingman in todays league.
Two midget PG's at the same time was a very good move versus the Clippers, because Reddick is a one dimensional player, who will only beat you with jumpshots in transition and off screens. Beat him to his spots and he is ineffective. Same goes for Crawford or Rivers. All guys, who are clever and will beat you with quickness. None of them will outmuscle you or post you up.
Try that against a much more 90's throwback type of SG like DeRozan and he will light you up for 30+ points, if his team doesn't screw up the spacing.
So it's basically way more situational, than playing Rudy or some other combo forward at the 4.
And it deserves to be mentioned, that Joerger was doing "playing small" the right way versus the Clippers. Our midgets didn't switch onto bigs all the time and they were aggressively chasing guys around, really using their quickness advantage to the fullest.

I agree, that some fans should leave their way of looking down onto "smallball" behind, because it's simply the way basketball works today. But at the same time we have to be aware of the limitations.

dude12

Hall of Famer
You just can't let the fact that, Karl was awful, go. Karl used a small ball lineup strictly to outscore the other team with zero ramifications about the defense. Using Belli as the SF, how do you defend that? 2 PGs in the lineup worked last night because they stopped the Clippers from scoring easily...it increased our defense. That is the difference between Joerger and Karl here. One coach pays attention to defense, the other doesn't.