[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - Monday, Jan. 14 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayte Hunter says we’ll see a whole new level to Harry’s game when he settles in even more.

.... There’s more?!
Yes, yes, and yes. This is what I've been trying to tell people. Harry is busy getting the basics down, doesn't want to miss a step. He's going to be a complete player and the Kings staff is giving him time to build his game, which he is doing at an incredible pace. The next level is taking his man off the dribble, post moves that make you melt, a super solid mid range game, and then eventually, the three ball (which he'll shoot at 35% minimum), once it's all put together, THAT'S where the perennial all star/franchise beast is created.

The face tattoos. But really for me it's the face tattoos combined with the public proclaimations of ones market value which contrast strongly with on court effort and performance. He's earned clown status in my book with the combination of all three. (face tattoos, lack of effort, mediocre performance)

Our rotation is really starting to look pretty good. I see little drop in production with Bogi, yogi, JJ, Giles and Bagley on the floor together as they make a pretty lethal combination against anybody’s second group off the bench.

That’s not saying anything bad about our starters just that I am darn impressed with our second group. And the last group to play the in crunch time by adding Bogi and Bagley to the mix is brilliant in my opinion.

It’s nice to have a pretty good 10 deep team that will give anybody else’s a run for their money. Keep those 10 guys together and add a few more pieces then we will become a team nobody will want to take for granted.

Anybody noticing that most of De'Aaron's jump shots are short lately? Almost every single one. IDK if it's tired legs or what. But he's gotta get that figured out.

Also, both he and Bagley have to work on finishing with their right hand. I know both can do it and I've seen them do it. Fox, especially as a PG, needs to get better at it. He might have had a couple AND1's tonight driving to the right of the basket, but he brought the ball to finish with his left and didn't have proper extension. It's little things like that which make a difference.
At the rate Fox improves, i doubt that will be an issue

Kingster

Hall of Famer
QUOTE OF THE GAME:

3:40 left in 3rd quarter, Bagley drives baseline and scores.

Christie: "Man, reverse pivot, exploit him on the baseline. Whew!....He's 6'11 and doing that kind of stuff, man! That jumper continues to improve he's going to be what I like to call a 'self-check.'"

Napier: "A self-check, hugh?"

Christie: "Yeah, that means the only person that's going to guard him is him."

QUOTE OF THE POST-GAME:

Kayte Hunter, talking about Justin Jackson: "I don't think people realize how much of an impact he makes on the defensive end of the floor....defensively what he does out there you have to isolate it to actually see what he's doing. It's phenomenal. I mean, it's a whole another level."

It sure is fun to watch Giles and Bagley playing together. We are starting to see the shifting in the guard and although i don't foresee a change in the starting line up, i do see us having a major advantage night in and night out when our benches match up with other teams. Similar to how the raptors are, we are legit 10 deep now and will FOR SURE be better in the 2nd half of the season than the first. I hope we make the playoffs because we will put the world on notice and our fan base will grow immensely when shown on the big stage. #THESCORES

dude12

Hall of Famer
QUOTE OF THE GAME:

3:40 left in 3rd quarter, Bagley drives baseline and scores.

Christie: "Man, reverse pivot, exploit him on the baseline. Whew!....He's 6'11 and doing that kind of stuff, man! That jumper continues to improve he's going to be what I like to call a 'self-check.'"

Napier: "A self-check, hugh?"

Christie: "Yeah, that means the only person that's going to guard him is him."

QUOTE OF THE POST-GAME:

Kayte Hunter, talking about Justin Jackson: "I don't think people realize how much of an impact he makes on the defensive end of the floor....defensively what he does out there you have to isolate it to actually see what he's doing. It's phenomenal. I mean, it's a whole another level."
But, but, but.....JJ..........but Blob says he can’t play

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: I did a little editing since this thread seemed to go off in 3 different directions. The stuff about Shumpert/Nurkic is in a new thread. The stuff about the playoffs was merged into the existing Kings over .500 thread. The stuff about reassessing the Boogie trade in terms of what we got back was also put into a new thread.

I love this board when there's lot of stuff to talk about!

From what I've read, 90% of the people are complaining about McCollum.
Yeah, CJ was oddly silent last night. He's had some pretty big games against the KINGS in the past and usually plays quite well. It was actually nice not hearing his name much.

Our rotation is really starting to look pretty good. I see little drop in production with Bogi, yogi, JJ, Giles and Bagley on the floor together as they make a pretty lethal combination against anybody’s second group off the bench.
According to the TV broadcast, the KINGS are #2 in the NBA in bench production behind only the Clippers. This team is DEEP.

Giles played well, but he finished the game with 4 rebounds in 19 minutes. It's not like he was vacuuming up the boards.
He was boxing out like mad on a lot of those Bagley rebounds. I don't have any way of finding out the actual stats but I would bet a lot of money that the Kings starters got out rebounded and the backups out rebounded the Blazers backups when they were on the court together. The one that hurt was the easy rebound that went right off of Giles' mitts an turned into an Aminu three pointer.

Willie needs to learn how to use a quick pump fake once he blows by his man. I swear he could have fouled Nurkic out on that move alone. Every time he beat him using his quicks, Nurkic was in the air as Willie planted to go up. If Trill uses a quick pump fake after he plants, these guys will stop committing for the block and he'll start benefiting more from his quick first step and speed to the basket.

A pump fake is your friend, Willie!
It's funny you mention this because it was going through my head during the game yesterday. Come to think of it, do any of the Kings bigs pump fake at all? I can't recall anyone other than ZBo doing it and it's why ZBo damn near can't miss at the rim despite his lack of athleticism. None of the younger bigs pump fake at all when executing a post move and it's weird because it's not really a skill that comes with age or anything. They just don't seem to do it. It would get them to the line a lot more and keep the Kings from getting out blocked seemingly every game.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He was boxing out like mad on a lot of those Bagley rebounds. I don't have any way of finding out the actual stats but I would bet a lot of money that the Kings starters got out rebounded and the backups out rebounded the Blazers backups when they were on the court together. The one that hurt was the easy rebound that went right off of Giles' mitts an turned into an Aminu three pointer.

It's funny you mention this because it was going through my head during the game yesterday. Come to think of it, do any of the Kings bigs pump fake at all? I can't recall anyone other than ZBo doing it and it's why ZBo damn near can't miss at the rim despite his lack of athleticism. None of the younger bigs pump fake at all when executing a post move and it's weird because it's not really a skill that comes with age or anything. They just don't seem to do it. It would get them to the line a lot more and keep the Kings from getting out blocked seemingly every game.
Just my guess, but part of it may be due to the game still going pretty fast for them (Kayte specifically talked about Giles' game slowing down in the near future) and part of it may be due the fact they are both very young and just don't have the "counter" moves that the vets have, or at least aren't as comfortable with those "counter" moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.