[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - Monday, Jan. 14 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
And this past offseason they signed Nik Stauskas, and drafted guards Simons and Trent Jr. It's just strange.
They also let fan favorite Ed Davis walk away for nothing and he would have signed for a discount. I don't really get this team. I go to a few games a year, usually the Kings game and one or two others.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The weak sauce missed lay ins on Nurkic and two mid range jumpers were momentum killers. Especially that last mid range shot with 15 seconds left on the shot clock. Think the Blazers went down and hit a 3 right after that. Total momentum killer. He played well at the very end of the 2nd and 4th but his play in the 1st and 3rd was really bad. I couldn't wait for Giles to replace him.
Nurkic only had 6 points. WCS was at least partially responsible in that regard.

The second group played great as I saw no let down and left me imagining our future with Giles and Bagley.
I was also impressed with JJ and it has to be very rewarding for him when the coach puts you in at a crucial point in the game. Great confidence in his defense and his clutch shooting as of late.

Great overall game in many ways and thanks for letting us watch this team grow .

The weak sauce missed lay ins on Nurkic
Willie needs to learn how to use a quick pump fake once he blows by his man. I swear he could have fouled Nurkic out on that move alone. Every time he beat him using his quicks, Nurkic was in the air as Willie planted to go up. If Trill uses a quick pump fake after he plants, these guys will stop committing for the block and he'll start benefiting more from his quick first step and speed to the basket.

A pump fake is your friend, Willie!

Anybody noticing that most of De'Aaron's jump shots are short lately? Almost every single one. IDK if it's tired legs or what. But he's gotta get that figured out.

Also, both he and Bagley have to work on finishing with their right hand. I know both can do it and I've seen them do it. Fox, especially as a PG, needs to get better at it. He might have had a couple AND1's tonight driving to the right of the basket, but he brought the ball to finish with his left and didn't have proper extension. It's little things like that which make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.