[Game] Kings @ Knicks, 02/15/12 4:30PM PT

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yeah I'm not convinced either. Part of being a pro is taking care of your body and doing what you can to keep yourself fresh, even on the road. If you're too exhausted you can tell the coach and he can play someone who is fresh and not tired. Being tired is no excuse for getting a 7 footer on you with 15 seconds on the clock, dribbling out to the 3 point line, and then pounding the ball for the next 8 seconds before you chuck up a midrange J. If a guy like that is on you, 1 of your bigs is probably on one of their smalls and you have a mismatch. Or you can drive by him. That's just a bad decision. He had other options like passing the ball that were not predicated on his energy level. He plays like Penny Hardaway 1 game and then for the next 3 looks like a ghost or something. If he's supposed to be this superstar he needs to be consistently good, make better decisions, have great conditioning, etc. Otherwise you are just a talented player with potential but you're not actually doing anything.
That is part of being a pro...and part of being a kid is learnign how tro be a pro. One more time: YOUNGEST/LEAST EXPERIENCED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. All of these lessons we have to learn the hard way, same as everybody else. In the modern underclssman era. nobody jsut puts together a yougn team of kids and has them walk into the league like seasoned pros.

I'm really curious, Brick -
what do you think the front office, the coach, and the players could do THIS year that could make them better?

Because the simple passage of TIME is not a good enough solution for the problems with this Kings organization.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It would have been nice to have IT guard Lin from the beginning of the game. He's the only one who got in his grill all night long. Not Tyreke, not Thornton. The trio of Salmons, MT and Tyreke continue to suck. Absoluletly putrid offense. It's time to break up the Fab Trio. Start IT and Donte. At least you'd have a fighting chance in not digging a hole to China in the first half or first quarter. They actually play the game with energy. Watching Tyreke and Salmons is like watching inertia feed off of inertia. Quite the contrast between Lin and Co. and the Kings. He is headed for a some 20 assist nights, that's for sure. Very impressive.

There was no excuse for the Kings to at the very least compete in this game. both teams came from a game yesterday and everyone was watching this game where the Kings could have done some damage.

I dont get how Tyreke did not stop Lin and our defense just being outright terrible consistently on the road. I want to see the statistic of our Opponents field goal percentage on the road.

Edit: Last time I checked, the Minnesota T-Wolves were are the second youngest team in the league who are only older than the Kings by like .06. They are currently in the playoff race. Not really an excuse.

Last edited:
That is part of being a pro...and part of being a kid is learnign how tro be a pro. One more time: YOUNGEST/LEAST EXPERIENCED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. All of these lessons we have to learn the hard way, same as everybody else. In the modern underclssman era. nobody jsut puts together a yougn team of kids and has them walk into the league like seasoned pros.
I don't really get your angle here. The team got blown out due to playing dumb basketball. Not due to inexperience or youth.

< bleep > < bleep >

What an utterly abysmal performance by the players coaching staff and the tv crew...... The players were flat with little fire, the coaching staff even seemed howhum. And our TV crew was sleep t the wheel making terrible excuses and another. Then theres Jim Grey.... HEY JIM!! This is the Kings Broadcst... NOT THE KNICKS!!!! nd Grant.... I know your happy to be at the garden but ENOUGH LIN!!

excuse me while I go kick a brick(not bricklayer)

Last edited:
Our average age is 24.7 years old and New Yorks is 26 years old (w/o Melo). Not very much big difference. Should have been at the very least, a competitive game with the kings fired up to stop the Knicks steak but there was not much energy from our Kings.

Hassan Whiteside looked the 6 ft tall awkward girl at the Middle School Dance out there. No wonder he just wears a suit and gazes into the crowd usually. Tonight and the other 15+ 13 pt losses or more just prove that you're always going to be horrible when you have a lack of talent, no PG, and no plays.

Garcia, Whiteside, Salmons, Hayes, JT, Hickson, and (most of the time) Greene aren't NBA rotation players.

Hassan Whiteside looked the 6 ft tall awkward girl at the Middle School Dance out there. No wonder he just wears a suit and gazes into the crowd usually. Tonight and the other 15+ 13 pt losses or more just prove that you're always going to be horrible when you have a lack of talent, no PG, and no plays.

Garcia, Whiteside, Salmons, Hayes, JT, Hickson, and (most of the time) Greene aren't NBA rotation players.
JT most certainly is an NBA rotation player. It's as if people don't watch other teams play, and think they bring all-stars off the bench. JT has had a few sub-par games in a row, but he's been one of our most consistent players so far this year. It's not fair to lump him into the same group as Hickson, Whiteside etc.. Also, even though Hayes has sucked badly so far, he was in the rotation for a good Rockets team.

JT most certainly is an NBA rotation player. It's as if people don't watch other teams play, and think they bring all-stars off the bench. JT has had a few sub-par games in a row, but he's been one of our most consistent players so far this year. It's not fair to lump him into the same group as Hickson, Whiteside etc.. Also, even though Hayes has sucked badly so far, he was in the rotation for a good Rockets team.
Chuck isn't on the Rockets anymore, but Samuel Dalembert is, who was excellent for the Kings in the 2nd half. What can JT do?? He grabs rebounds by defauly, has no basketball IQ, no post moves, always in foul trouble. What do you like about JT's game, aside from his mouth always hanging out wide open sucking down flies?

Chuck isn't on the Rockets anymore, but Samuel Dalembert is, who was excellent for the Kings in the 2nd half. What can JT do?? He grabs rebounds by defauly, has no basketball IQ, no post moves, always in foul trouble. What do you like about JT's game, aside from his mouth always hanging out wide open sucking down flies?
lol somebody's got to get the flies out of jimmer's eyes right?

Bricklayer

I don't really get your angle here. The team got blown out due to playing dumb basketball. Not due to inexperience or youth.
1) playing dumb basketball is ABSOLUTELY related to inexpereince and youth

2) our team got blown out by lack of energy and focus. Both can be fatigue related. We got killed on the glass, were slow on defense, and shortarmed our shots off the front of the rim. Nobody moved without the ball, made sharp cuts, or wanted to work.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

I'm really curious, Brick -
what do you think the front office, the coach, and the players could do THIS year that could make them better?

Because the simple passage of TIME is not a good enough solution for the problems with this Kings organization.
Start Donte in place of Salmons, make IT the 6th man, and 6 man ironman it?

You are assuming I think there is anything to be done THIS year. Maybe before the trade deadline, but we haven't even heard any rumors of whom might be available, and its so late this year it might be too late to matter.

In general Tyreke and Cousins and Thornton should naturally continue improving together. I like Jason as a solid roleplayer complement, and I mostly like IT and Donte as guys who compete and mostly get it. If you wanted to make any move or moves with any other member(s) of the roster I would not feel upset, providing it brought us back defenders and veterans who know how to play. But I don't know how much value the rest of the thosr guys have at this point, so you may be stuck.

Really? A PF with legitimate size who rebounds well and shoots a very high percentage. JT is a perfect role player for this team.

You are assuming I think there is anything to be done THIS year. Maybe before the trade deadline, but we haven't even heard any rumors of whom might be available, and its so late this year it might be too late to matter.
So is it your belief that the Kings should just stand pat and wait for their core to grow up, get better and grow brains, and not try to get a better coach?

And dumb basketball is ALSO related to having dumb players, not just to being young and inexperienced.

Bricklayer

So is it your belief that the Kings should just stand pat and wait for their core to grow up, get better and grow brains, and not try to get a better coach?

And dumb basketball is ALSO related to having dumb players, not just to being young and inexperienced.
My belief is that realistically we don't have much choice, at least as regards the core. That is the ONLY way it works. You don't run around railing on your 4 month old because he hasn't said your name yet. And hey, maybe he has an undisclosed congenital defect and never will. But chances are he's just like all the other 4 month olds and 4 month olds don't talk yet. Running aroudn comparing him to the 10month old downthe street, the neighbor's toddlers, and your best friend's 6yr old and saying but look! They all say their daddy's name! Isn't sensical. At 4 months old they weren't saying it either.

As for the non core guys, no, I'd love to be aggressive there. But it may not be practical. I doubt we're the only people who have noticed how unproductive they are. They may have no appreciable value in trade, and if so we might not be able to fix things until this summer when we will have a valuable pick to either take or trade and another crack at FA. Just being unhappy with something doesn't automatically mean there is anything you can immediately do about it. Hope there is, but again we don't even have any rumors upon which to base speculation.

What can the front office do to make this team better besides gut it's young core for veteran players? That is a high risk thing to do and if doesn't work out it could be a huge step back.

Last edited:
What can the front office do to make this team better besides gut it's young core for proven veteran players?
get veterans that will teach our core guys how to be pro's. Get players that can shoot the basketball. get players that can understand their role on a team and have a semblance of basketball IQ. Get JJ Hickson, John Salmons, Outlaw, Garcia(4 current rotation players) out of this team.

My belief is that realistically we don't have much choice, at least as regards the core. That is the ONLY way it works. You don't run around railing on your 4 month old because he hasn't said your name yet. And hey, maybe he has an undisclosed congenital defect and never will. But chances are he's just like all the other 4 month olds and 4 month olds don't talk yet. Running aroudn comparing him to the 10month old downthe street, the neighbor's toddlers, and your best friend's 6yr old and saying but look! They all say their daddy's name! Isn't sensical. At 4 months old they weren't saying it either.

As for the non core guys, no, I'd love to be aggressive there. But it may not be practical. I doubt we're the only people who have noticed how unproductive they are. They may have no appreciable value in trade, and if so we might not be able to fix things until this summer when we will have a valuable pick to either take or trade and another crack at FA. Just being unhappy with something doesn't automatically mean there is anything you can immediately do about it. Hope there is, but again we don't even have any rumors upon which to base speculation.
I think that's because you can't actually trade your 4 month old in for a more developed model. Believe me I've tried.

Get JJ Hickson, John Salmons, Outlaw, Garcia(4 current rotation players) out of this team.
Of course those players aren't exactly displaying their skills right now and would have to be packaged with someone like Cousins, Jimmer, Evans, Thompson, Thornton etc. No one would take a player (or contract) like Salmons without getting some youth in return.

Last edited: