[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Saturday, Jan. 18 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad as it is to say, good.

The absolute worst case scenario is we rebound a bit and get to like 32 wins, we get the 10th pick and nothing changes. FO will be able to blame the year on injuries and we'll be subjected to another year or 2 of going absolutely nowhere. If we bottom out, and end up around 23-24 wins, would be hard for ownership (i'd think) to ignore us being 15+games worse than the previous year, when this was supposed to finally be our breakout season.

I'd have so much confidence heading into next year with a new GM/Coach, Fox/Holmes/Bagley and a top pick. Unfortunately, probably just a pipe dream. Think we're going to get fed the "injuries" excuse over and over.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That sounds good, but refs hand out flagrants like candy so it'd just end up with the Kings losing by 30 instead of 25. I thought they actually did a good job of fouling Gobert, and he miraculously made every FT, unreal.
Big freaking whoop. So they get flagrants. So what? They aren't going to win in Miami anyway, so take it out on Miami, because I can assure you Miami is going to beat on them like nobody's business. There's nothing like some major physicallity to make a team bond together and get a sense of self-esteem. This team is wuss-city right now. I'll take a 30 point blowout in Miami if they can just start hitting some people. I'm really tired of the smiles and giggles. Are they going to be little chil'en or are they going to man-up? It is absolutely like Christie says: They need to be offensive in their defense. They are in indecisive no-man's land. Stop being passive on defense. If they go back door on them, foul them hard. Stop with the sissy crap. I would much, much rather for them to be too aggressive than not aggressive enough.

Big freaking whoop. So they get flagrants. So what? They aren't going to win in Miami anyway, so take it out on Miami, because I can assure you Miami is going to beat on them like nobody's business. There's nothing like some major physicallity to make a team bond together and get a sense of self-esteem. This team is wuss-city right now. I'll take a 30 point blowout in Miami if they can just start hitting some people. I'm really tired of the smiles and giggles. Are they going to be little chil'en or are they going to man-up? It is absolutely like Christie says: They need to be offensive in their defense. They are in indecisive no-man's land. Stop being passive on defense. If they go back door on them, foul them hard. Stop with the sissy crap. I would much, much rather for them to be too aggressive than not aggressive enough.
I'm not sure getting tough with guys like Jimmy Butler/James Johnson/Bam is the right team to take it out on, I would save it for the Detroit team. Losing and getting beaten up and thrown around is worse than just losing.

This just isn't part of the league anymore. You are wishing for years gone by. I'd be down for some Bjelica v James Johnson though!

Turned the game off in the 3q. Saved me 45 mins of bad hoops. U can’t win when you have a team full of inefficient chuckers who give up layups n open threes on defense. This team is a mess. Except Fox n Bags everyone needs to go. Starting with Vlade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope you don't coach or teach kids in any capacity.

I think what’s most frustrating for Kings fans is that there doesn’t appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel and nobody seems to have any answers. Meanwhile, the embarrassing losses keep piling up and compounding the sense of dismay.

I'm not sure getting tough with guys like Jimmy Butler/James Johnson/Bam is the right team to take it out on, I would save it for the Detroit team. Losing and getting beaten up and thrown around is worse than just losing.

They should show some fight but yeah, this isn't a team chalk full of enforcer types by any stretch. When Cuz went out the door that went with him.

I think what’s most frustrating for Kings fans is that there doesn’t appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel and nobody seems to have any answers. Meanwhile, the embarrassing losses keep piling up and compounding the sense of dismay.
The most frustrating thing is the closest thing to an answer we see game to game (playing small) is routinely ignored or shelved in favor of absolute failure. They just keep going back to the same drawing board and keep coming back with the same wrong answer. What's even more frustrating is how adaptable that same staff was earlier in the year. It's mind boggling. It's like taking the same wrong turns in a maze and expecting to find your way out.

They should show some fight but yeah, this isn't a team chalk full of enforcer types by any stretch. When Cuz went out the door that went with him.
Yeah but Cuz was like Chriss always fighting PGs and backing down to Z-Bo non-stop he was exposed as well in that regard. If your the Kings you got to pick your fights wisely, Miami is not that team the Kings want to test in that regard.

Yeah but Cuz was like Chriss always fighting PGs and backing down to Z-Bo non-stop he was exposed as well in that regard.
True, but it's all a mirage in the NBA anyway. The league weeded out the Oakley types years ago. It can put a bandaid over a lack of effort for a little while though but outside of possibly Holmes I don't even see a fake tough guy/a hole. It shouldn't have to come down to that anyway. There is too much talent and depth on this team for it to.

I sincerely hope you don't coach or teach kids in any capacity.
I think Kingster may have overstated the point a bit, but he isn’t wrong. The Kings lack toughness, mentally and physically, and that is PART of the problem with this group. I don’t believe Kingster is calling for arbitrary “headhunting” out on the court, but Sacramento needs to play with PRIDE, grit, and fire and not allow another team to manhandle them without giving it back a little bit. Heck, why can’t the Kings be the ones knocking other people around a bit and send a message that they are not pushovers? The problem with that approach right now is that Sacramento, other than Holmes, doesn’t have any bruisers. They have a glut of finesse players. A better balance of the two with the personnel would at least be a good start.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. These losses piling up increases our chances of jumping up in the draft giving us a better chance to draft Luka Donic...oh wait :(:confused:

I don't think so. Grant would have inevitably said something if that were the case. Things are bad enough. I don't think we need to be looking for drama when none exists.
Not trying to create drama, it just seemed very sudden. Unfortunately, saw the tweets that he may be injured. That’s even worse.

Here's a question that may be worth it's own thread ... What happened? Go back to November when Fox was out and we were a physical, defensive, gritty team. We may not have won every game, but you could certainly see the team scrapping and playing hard on D. Yes, even with Hield and Bjelica playing large minutes. Plays out of timeouts were fantastic.

What happened? Did the league just figure us out?

Here's a question that may be worth it's own thread ... What happened? Go back to November when Fox was out and we were a physical, defensive, gritty team. We may not have won every game, but you could certainly see the team scrapping and playing hard on D. Yes, even with Hield and Bjelica playing large minutes. Plays out of timeouts were fantastic.

What happened? Did the league just figure us out?
Fox and Bagley came back and the last three Holmes got hurt. Something is not right Fox recently has had career games (him and Bjelica in the same game had a career game) and they still lost the chemistry was way better without them which means we need different pieces around Fox most likely cause he's not helping us win atm despite playing great.

This team as constructed is better without Fox and Bagley but the franchise is not better off without Fox and we need Bagley to tank the season for a better pick.

The whole year we have been hearing wait till Fox and Bagley get back (more recently Bogi who sucked again trying to Luka 2.0) Buddy will thrive which is rubbish the ball movement sucks now and Bagley has not drawn a single double team all year to free up anyone nor is he capable of making a pass.

Last edited:
That's not Doug's style. If anything, I hope Doug is available to talk to Bags (and other players) about defense in practice, etc. Calling him out during a broadcast is Grant's style - not Doug's.
Perhaps but we need to end the false narrative that Bagley played well. (Or good in some Kings announcers English). Not at all saying he can’t ever play well but Bagley needs to hear learn to shoot, set screens, and play defense. Right now Bagley is a young Montrez Harrell who needs to come off the bench in spot minutes just as Dave played him last year.

The problem is, of course, the Clippers drafted Harrell in the second round and we drafted Bagley 2 overall. So Luke plays him, Doug strains for reasons to compliment him, and the team loses badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.