[Game] Kings @ Jazz, 11/02/21 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but this is a guard team though. By the numbers you will be giving that up anyway. Offensive efficiency and getting wide open spots shots off of creating mismatches is the bed Monte made and Luke is refusing to lie on it.
That wasn't a numbers thing - NOBODY was going to the ball in the late 3rd/ early 4th.

30 shots? Jeez. We'd really be killing Fox if he chucked like that around here
Conley went 11-19 overall and 6-9 from 3.
Mitchell went 14-30 overall and 5-12 from 3.

Fox went 4-15 and 0-4 from 3.

Yes, the Jazz backcourt had more volume, but they were significantly more efficient than Fox.

I caught last 5 min, refs really let us have it there 3 plays in a row. That said, the team did not look good. Pretty bad energy. Good for Buddy giving it to the ref at the end
I'm sure it was hard not to get frustrated when they had battled back, thought they were going to cut the lead to one, and then had multiple calls go against them.

That wasn't a numbers thing - NOBODY was going to the ball in the late 3rd/ early 4th.
No doubt, but it will be over the season though. Also they did get a few lucky bounces though. If they are even focusing on that aspect to heavily they are setting themselves up wrong. They have to focus on the offense. That in the end is what is going to make any thoughts about a postseason adventure pointless.

Well who do we have next on the schedule? Is it Miami Heat or Bucks? When we play Rockets or Thunder? The way that the start of the season schedule is made I think March or April nearest game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well who do we have next on the schedule? Is it Miami Heat or Bucks? When we play Rockets or Thunder? The way that the start of the season schedule is made I think March or April nearest game.
The Pelicans. Tomorrow night. They're currently inexplicably beating the Suns by 14 despite missing Zion and Ingram.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
People have been ragging on Fox all night but Tyrese went invisible after the third quarter while Fox at least had 8 points in the 4th before fouling out for playing defense.
Tyrese doesn't look like a shell of himself. Fox does. Conley, yes Conley, outplayed Fox like nobody's business tonight. When has that EVER happened??? Conley looked like he was the young stud and Fox looked over-the-hill. If this was really JUST a shooting slump I wouldn't be concerned. It's not just a shooting slump. It's an everything-slump.

Luke is a believer that last 2 minutes shot are all miracle shots. So he doesn't care to draw actual plays within the last 3 mins. He should just start walking the hallway before the final 2 mins instead of acting like there is a coach still thinking there.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Tyrese doesn't look like a shell of himself. Fox does. Conley, yes Conley, outplayed Fox like nobody's business tonight. When has that EVER happened??? Conley looked like he was the young stud and Fox looked over-the-hill. If this was really JUST a shooting slump I wouldn't be concerned. It's not just a shooting slump. It's an everything-slump.
Tyrese was on Conley most of the night though.

Quite noticeable that Fox has been dribbling like Hield and you don't really see the change of pace/explosiveness that you're accustomed to seeing from him

Buddy hield is the best shooter on the team. He shot the ball 2 more times than harkless. 5 players shot the ball more than buddy. Just a reminder to all you people that want buddy traded. Without him we are 0-7 maybe 1-6
Looks like "team offense" to me. haha. Working great so far. Not. Watching your main conerstones stand in corners and watch. It's like Groundhogs Day.

Quite noticeable that Fox has been dribbling like Hield and you don't really see the change of pace/explosiveness that you're accustomed to seeing from him
He’s a 1/4 step slower. His mind thinks he’s still as fast as he was, so dude’s bobbling the ball.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, thought he looked a little more lively in the second half but in the first half he was struggling to get around Ingles. To his credit, he at least facilitated tonight,

Outrebounded by 21.

They looked tired to me. Some of those O-rebounds looked like no Kings player wanted to track 'em down.

We need new energy out there. Need to lengthen this rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.