[Game] Kings vs. Jazz, 10/22/21, 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

How many times will the announcers get Davion and Donovan's names mixed up tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's been a little strange. He showed no hesitancy during summer league or preseason, even when his shot wasn't falling. It really doesn't matter right now since his defense is so game-changing that you can't keep him off the floor, but he's got to find that aggressiveness again. He's been short on a lot of his jumpers too, so maybe the adrenaline/timing is a little off in his first couple games.
he’s feeling his way through like most rookies do. Regular season speed and talent is prolly a big difference, With his work ethic, he’ll figure it out

a little lol. I prefer the win to Portland. Yesterday showed this team can win when the shots aren’t falling though
The concern is in both games the 2nd half adjustments by the other team nearly cost the Kings in one game, and did in the other. This is an extension of almost every problem this team has faced for some time now.

Running 6’8 Barnes out there against Gobert was a killer. No second chance points on those shots in the final 5 mins. Having a 6’10 Simmons with Barnes, Fox, Hali, and Davion and the Kings win the game. Two all nba level defenders and a 5, who is another connector on the floor. The key to beating Utah isn’t taking one and done shots. It’s moving that defense side to side. Kings really need a 5 that can be a league level facilitator.
Running Barnes at the 5 is almost the same look the Clippers ran against Gobert that sent the Jazz packing early against a team missing it's best player. The difference is what both teams did with the mismatch. The Clippers used PG13 at center to force the Jazz to switch and kept going to the corner and took them down from outside. Then they drove around them when the Jazz tried to run out on shooters. Lue kept the Jazz on a string. The Kings tried to get closer to the hoop and outmuscle them with probably the smallest team in the NBA. Just stupid.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Running Barnes at the 5 is almost the same look the Clippers ran against Gobert that sent the Jazz packing early against a team missing it's best player. The difference is what both teams did with the mismatch. The Clippers used PG13 at center to force the Jazz to switch and kept going to the corner and took them down from outside. Then they drove around them when the Jazz tried to run out on shooters. Lue kept the Jazz on a string. The Kings tried to get closer to the hoop and outmuscle them with probably the smallest team in the NBA. Just stupid.
Lue >>>>>>> Luke

We got a hungry team held back by coaching

I'm tired of complaining about Luke, but it's hard not to be frustrated, isn't it? I see a ton of potential in this team. I loved virtually all of Monte's offseason moves. (Incidentally, Kuzma, HB's wudda-been wing partner, has 37 pts and 26 boards in two games w/the Wiz.) But it'll take a smart, innovative, strong-willed coach to fully realize that potential and that's not what we have.

I'm tired of complaining about Luke, but it's hard not to be frustrated, isn't it? I see a ton of potential in this team. I loved virtually all of Monte's offseason moves. (Incidentally, Kuzma, HB's wudda-been wing partner, has 37 pts and 26 boards in two games w/the Wiz.) But it'll take a smart, innovative, strong-willed coach to fully realize that potential and that's not what we have.
One thing that has been positive is when things are going south he's changing it immediately so far in terms of his rotations. He usually will call a timeout, keep it the same, then let something headed downhill go further down. This year he's been on top of it. As soon as the other team attacks the clear weakpoint he's changing it up after the timeout.

waltons our coach. This is exactly what I expected defense wise. I’m happy with this. Could be happier but not under Walton
Still some definite bumps but I think his staff overall and even he has been better. We have to see how far this goes I guess. There is no way they don't have a leash of 20 games or less on this. With GS back the west is going to be a dogfight. Feasting on soft parts of the schedule ain't gonna cut it this year. Getting creative late with the offense is a sure fire way to lose close games. Fox was off, but a simple middle pnr will create the opportunities they need. Not backdoor cuts and attempted slip and roll lob plays over a team twice your length and size, lol.

Still some definite bumps but I think his staff overall and even he has been better. We have to see how far this goes I guess. There is no way they don't have a leash of 20 games or less on this. With GS back the west is going to be a dogfight. Feasting on soft parts of the schedule ain't gonna cut it this year. Getting creative late with the offense is a sure fire way to lose close games. Fox was off, but a simple middle pnr will create the opportunities they need. Not backdoor cuts and attempted slip and roll lob plays over a team twice your length and size, lol.
Yah you right but we already know adjustments by Walton aren’t coming lol. If they do it’s cause of DC who seems to be fired up AF to be there. Literally this, just run the PnR and Fox can create

Im tellling you, first ever rookie DPOY! When guarded by off-night, the offense looks overwhelmed and frustrated. In two games he has had a full highlight reel of defensive plays XD
Sorry to be *that* guy, but Davion was -10 in a game they won and -11 in a game they lost by 9. He played great defense but to say the opposition was "overwhelmed and frustrated" might be a stretch. Or, if they were, then it seems that the Kings' O w/him on the floor was even more so.

Sorry to be *that* guy, but Davion was -10 in a game they won and -11 in a game they lost by 9. He played great defense but to say the opposition was "overwhelmed and frustrated" might be a stretch. Or, if they were, then it seems that the Kings' O w/him on the floor was even more so.
What was the context that Davion lost the team 10 points?

You missed the part where I said "When guarded by off-night". I agree with you though, its a shame the off-night cant guard the whole opposing team for the entire game!

Status
Not open for further replies.