[Game] Kings vs. Jazz, 10/22/21, 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

How many times will the announcers get Davion and Donovan's names mixed up tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Davion’s confidence in his shot has disappeared…. He needs to be a consistent threat if he’s going to be out there down the stretch.
They have to figure out what he is. This isn't going to be an attack from any position team. They need to clear the paint for Fox all night, set him some high middle pick and roll, and work the drive and dish. If he isn't hitting his shots, he will still draw the defenses in. This 2 PG (and now 3 PG) stuff hasn't worked from day 1. Good thing about that? Both Haliburton and Davion aren't really just PG's. They can create off of a player like Fox.

Davion’s confidence in his shot has disappeared…. He needs to be a consistent threat if he’s going to be out there down the stretch.
Yeah he passed on an open 3 late in the game that could have been a momentum changer. One thing I noticed is that the offense isn't running quite as smoothly when Davion's handling the ball; kinda stagnates and ends with him going one on one a lot. Strangely enough we seem to be running the offense in the second unit more through Buddy, which might not be the worst thing based on what we've seen since late last season. The Jazz bigs do a good job of preventing the pass to the roll man though, which is one of the main ways we run the offense through Buddy.

He seems a bit sped up on offense. Actually, the Kings in both 4th qurters have been out of rhythm and sped up. Had shots rolling off the rim throughout the 4th.

I think there is a fair amount to be happy with here: We are a much more physical team thanks to ON, Len and Fox’s renewed interest in defense. The depth is for real. We made an insane amount of unforced turnovers and shot terribly from 3 and still were beating them most of the game. Haliburton returned to form aside from 3s. Buddy played well othe than the last bit.

I don’t want to be fooled into thinking we will be good this year but it’s hard not to think we can at least stay in games.

if we make the playoffs, could Off Night win DPOY this year? Seems ridiculous, but I’ve never seen a rookie play like that. I can’t believe it.

Why did Luke go with Len before TT today though?
I was ok with that, but it was then odd that TT got in the game in the second half. Felt like Walton was just throwing everything against the wall at the end. I’m happy with where things are going but the roster is still very unbalanced. A lot of mixing and matching.

Just in terms of lateral defensibility, would have rather seen Metu get those minutes than Bagley though.
Bagley looked good in his stretch early. Again, by the 2nd half you could clearly see what basket Snyder was putting his eggs in offensively. And that was attack any combo in extended pick and roll that he could. Bagley and Holmes/Len were sitting ducks. Snyder comes out with the W.... again.

This team is so much better on defense then last year it looks like a whole different team
Yeah, they have tools, but they have to find their identity. It's like the smaller they get the grittier they try to get. At some point you're just a yapping little puppy. Not upgrading the wing this summer is going to be a much bigger problem than it actually needs to be if they don't find that balance on both ends.

Did not see the game, but heard a turnover shut the door...what was the turnover play?
In transition, Buddy throws an off target pass to Hali who tries to save it from going out of bounds. It goes to a Jazz player and instead of cutting the lead to 2, they went down by 6, then 10 and it was all she wrote (some details may be off, but it took the air out of any chance of a comeback).

Status
Not open for further replies.