[Game] Kings vs. Jazz, 10/22/21, 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

How many times will the announcers get Davion and Donovan's names mixed up tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has tyrese stopped shooting the three? 1 attempt in game 1 and 2 attempts tonight. Strange.
They've been trying to invent a true 3 PG offense, lol. They spread out in a 4 out, but are just doing so in order to play a rotating 2 man game. Like WTF. Way too many of the 3's in both of these games are of the bail out variety. We saw enough of that last year. It won't work, we know that. Drive and dish with intent, not just in formation.

Why has tyrese stopped shooting the three? 1 attempt in game 1 and 2 attempts tonight. Strange.
It is odd, but I can't say i recall him even being in position to take any this game. He still needs to be aggressive though. He passed up a wide open free throw line shot for a dish that didn't work out as well.

The difference was the three ball. 16 vs. 8

Honestly hard to evaluate the team. The defense seems better but can’t say they turned a corner yet since I’m still uncomfortable with the over helping and wide open threes. Plus the offense seems pretty disorganized and random. I don’t think the Kings are getting themselves a lot of good shots, especially on the perimeter.

Fox had a very labored game. Kings shouldn’t beat the Jazz when Fox shoots 5-19 and and makes some questionable decisions in crunch time….but they could’ve.

Hopefully Fox isn’t Bibbying his speed by getting all swole. Muscles are for when the speed fades and you’ve developed a three ball. For now we’ll need Fox to continue to leave defenders in the dust.

Holmes got hosed by the refs all game…but played great in his minutes.

Tyrese had a bounce back game. Hopefully we start seeing that three ball again soon though

Barnes was strong again. Love the rebounding numbers.

Strong game from Buddy. His offense is much more explosive off the bench but some untimely Buddy moments in the open court with his passing.

Davion Mitchell was excellent. Major minutes on both Donovan and Clarkson. He played them both at a high level. Donovan won some and lost some and had an average game…but Clarkson for the most part really struggled to do much when Davion was on him and I think for Clarksons standards he had an “off night”. Either way, a rookie was told to handle heavy minutes on Damian Lillard, Donovan Mitchell and Jordan Clarkson in his first two NBA games and came out of it with a few viral defensive highlights and everybody talking about how high level his defense is. Can’t wait for that offense to come around.

Then if Davion can remember how to offense as well…
We need to see Davion the spot shooter. Trying to pound teams and drive when you are a guard team won't only be tough, but not physically advantageous long term. Dudes will start breaking down because most teams put out legit size on the wing. Guard teams have to be more finesse, speed, quickness. Not Hulk smash, haha.

The difference was the three ball. 16 vs. 8

Honestly hard to evaluate the team. The defense seems better but can’t say they turned a corner yet since I’m still uncomfortable with the over helping and wide open threes. Plus the offense seems pretty disorganized and random. I don’t think the Kings are getting themselves a lot of good shots, especially on the perimeter.

Fox had a very labored game. Kings shouldn’t beat the Jazz when Fox shoots 5-19 and and makes some questionable decisions in crunch time….but they could’ve.

Hopefully Fox isn’t Bibbying his speed by getting all swole. Muscles are for when the speed fades and you’ve developed a three ball. For now we’ll need Fox to continue to leave defenders in the dust.

Holmes got hosed by the refs all game…but played great in his minutes.

Tyrese had a bounce back game. Hopefully we start seeing that three ball again soon though

Barnes was strong again. Love the rebounding numbers.

Strong game from Buddy. His offense is much more explosive off the bench but some untimely Buddy moments in the open court with his passing.

Davion Mitchell was excellent. Major minutes on both Donovan and Clarkson. He played them both at a high level. Donovan won some and lost some and had an average game…but Clarkson for the most part really struggled to do much when Davion was on him and I think for Clarksons standards he had an “off night”. Either way, a rookie was told to ha doe heavy minutes on Damian Lillard, Donovan Mitchell and Jordan Clarkson in his first two NBA games and came out of it with a few viral defensive highlights and everybody talking about how high level his defense is. Can’t wait for that offense to come around.
Lets put it this way. You take up more space, you need more space, haha. There was a lot of off ball watching that we saw the year before last going on as well.

Not sure he would have helped the 22% 3 point percentage or less than 40% field goal percentage, which is what lost them the game.
Running 6’8 Barnes out there against Gobert was a killer. No second chance points on those shots in the final 5 mins. Having a 6’10 Simmons with Barnes, Fox, Hali, and Davion and the Kings win the game. Two all nba level defenders and a 5, who is another connector on the floor. The key to beating Utah isn’t taking one and done shots. It’s moving that defense side to side. Kings really need a 5 that can be a league level facilitator.

Not mad at this one. We have more room for improvement and gave em all they can handle and i don't mean to say this as a "moral victory" type of post. I say all that to say, if we play with this amount of effort each night, we'll win 42-45 games.

Oh, and Davis chucking away in the opening quarter was gross. Please don't ever let him start another game if that's a sign of things to come. If Harkless played, i have a feeling this game would have been a nail biter down to the last few seconds.

Off night need to be more decisive on offense too. Take a mid range shot, develop a float etc
Yeah it's been a little strange. He showed no hesitancy during summer league or preseason, even when his shot wasn't falling. It really doesn't matter right now since his defense is so game-changing that you can't keep him off the floor, but he's got to find that aggressiveness again. He's been short on a lot of his jumpers too, so maybe the adrenaline/timing is a little off in his first couple games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.