[Game] Game 71: Kings @ Suns, 3/25/15 - 7 pdt, 10 edt

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. Good to see one of the Jacobs family (part of the owner group) at the game. And love to see Cuz and Evans talking strategy out there.

GO KINGS!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am so incredibly impressed with George Karl and how quickly the Kings are buying into what he's selling. As Grant just said, he's not going to get into the Hall of Fame by accident.

:)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Say, I thought I heard G-Man say that something happened with Kayte, but ALP crapped out on me before I could hear him clearly. Anybody know what he's talking about?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Suns out-Kinged the Kings with the turnovers in the 4th.

Stauskas - player of the game, just because he finally recognized that his check said he was paid Kings, ergo he must be an NBA player. When you see a guy have a tiff with the opponent and start pleading to the refs on a call you know he thinks he belongs.

Play of the game: Cousins late in the 3rd getting the ball on the move as he came around a screen and made an easy shot at the basket.. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. The stationary Cousins getting it on the block is Neanderthal basketball when you have a 21st century multi-skilled Cousins who moves with and without the ball. This is what Karl is aiming toward, and I think next year there will be a lot more of getting the ball to Cousins when he is on the move, not when he is at a standstill.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
fun game to watch from start to finish...I liked seeing all that post action to DeMarcus. A healthy dose of that can go a long way. I am hella impressed with Nik though...he is making some really nice strides and shaking off those jitters and just shooting the ball confidently.

Dragic was practically screaming he wanted out, would not sign extension with Suns and went about trashing the organization until shipped to Miami.
Of course he was. His has a career best season with the ball in his hands...and they proceed to go with Bledsoe and Thomas, while asking him to stand over in the corner. Can't blame the guy for wanting a fresh start with a new team

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Suns become the first team in the western conference that we've won a regular season series against. So, if they ever change the schedule to be like baseball, where you play the other teams in your division eighteen times, we're all set.

Cousins played a lot more controlled today. Nice to see him not taking that many bad shots tonight. I would call this a much smarter game from him. Good to see.

I really think one of the big keys to Cousins' and this team's success is for him to trust his team. It may not be the best supporting cast out there, but that trust should help us play better regardless.

The more he trusts his teammates, the more unselfish and patient he will be when defenses collapse on him.
The more unselfish and patient he will be when defenses collapse on him, the better the looks & shots will be for the team.
The better the looks & shots will be for the team, the more games the Kings will win.
The more games the Kings will win, the happier Cousins will be.
The happier Cousins will be, the less likely he will be to lash out at referees.
The less likely he will be to lash out at referees, the more respect he will get from the referees.
The more respect he will get from the the referees, the more unguardable he will become.
The more unguardable he will become, the more likely that the Kings have a legitimate shot at contending for a title.

Keep trusting your teammates big Cuz!

I don't think there was a player of the game because everyone played a huge role in this win. Everyone from Cuz to Evans.

Side notes: Kieff twins are hotheads with a lot of talent.. They're almost equal to Cuz in his first few year. They don't complain as much,but when they're upset, they pop off.
Gerald Green is a strange fellow.. I think maybe his problems are more mental than anything.
Bledsoe isn't a playmaker..

The Suns out-Kinged the Kings with the turnovers in the 4th.

Stauskas - player of the game, just because he finally recognized that his check said he was paid Kings, ergo he must be an NBA player. When you see a guy have a tiff with the opponent and start pleading to the refs on a call you know he thinks he belongs.

Play of the game: Cousins late in the 3rd getting the ball on the move as he came around a screen and made an easy shot at the basket.. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. The stationary Cousins getting it on the block is Neanderthal basketball when you have a 21st century multi-skilled Cousins who moves with and without the ball. This is what Karl is aiming toward, and I think next year there will be a lot more of getting the ball to Cousins when he is on the move, not when he is at a standstill.
Sauce is improving on the defensive end, too. Now he's still bad for an NBA defender, but he working hard and showing effort. A lot of his problems are fixable - floating away from guys on the perimeter (not sure if by design but doesn't look like it) and being slow to close out on shooters and getting a hand in their face (perhaps an over-correction to stop guys from blowing past him).

Very happy with his development this year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cousins played a lot more controlled today. Nice to see him not taking that many bad shots tonight. I would call this a much smarter game from him. Good to see.

I really think one of the big keys to Cousins' and this team's success is for him to trust his team. It may not be the best supporting cast out there, but that trust should help us play better regardless.

The more he trusts his teammates, the more unselfish and patient he will be when defenses collapse on him.
The more unselfish and patient he will be when defenses collapse on him, the better the looks & shots will be for the team.
The better the looks & shots will be for the team, the more games the Kings will win.
The more games the Kings will win, the happier Cousins will be.
The happier Cousins will be, the less likely he will be to lash out at referees.
The less likely he will be to lash out at referees, the more respect he will get from the referees.
The more respect he will get from the the referees, the more unguardable he will become.
The more unguardable he will become, the more likely that the Kings have a legitimate shot at contending for a title.

Keep trusting your teammates big Cuz!
I agree with all of that, but you forgot one important point: He has to trust George Karl.