[Game] Kings vs. Grizzlies, 2/14/21, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Hard to watch. The Kings have lost 7 of the last 8 quarters against below average teams with many players out.
They have reverted back to crap defense. The leading rebounder of the starting 5 was Hield with 6. Holmes got 2. Not acceptable at all.

The Kings shot over 50% for the game but had trouble with the 3. On those nights it takes defensive stops and rebounding to stay in games. The Kings made Mr. V and Brooks look like all-stars.

People need to lay off of Cory Joseph. Jeffries is not the guy to start.

The NBA is a long grinding season and it shows. The Kings have not been mentally into the last 2 games. They need to wake up and play with some intensity. The Nets might wake them up.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
VII 8 f i still applies per the usual experts.
Article VII Section 8 f i opens:

In the event a player enters into an Extension pursuant to Section 7(a) above...
Article VII Section 7(a) is the relevant text for extending veteran contracts that are not rookie scale contracts. Extensions for rookie scale contracts are covered by Article VII Section 7(b), so Article VII Section 8 f i does not apply.

Article VII Section 8 f i opens:

Article VII Section 7(a) is the relevant text for extending veteran contracts that are not rookie scale contracts. Extensions for rookie scale contracts are covered by Article VII Section 7(b), so Article VII Section 8 f i does not apply.
I understand the PPP perfectly well, but I'm happy to hear that Designated Rookie thus means nothing at all any different, for trade purposes, despite getting to build in all of the elements that make vets untradeable for a year in fact- basically is what your interpretation says to me (I read several sections as being equally applicable for select issues such as the S&T guard-againsts).

And again, it's how folks talked about each of the max deals signed at the time. But no problem for me if they were wrong and I am wrong.

Let's move Fox for Drummond!

By trading Barnes the Kings would fall in the range of a legitimate chance at a top 4 pick which this year is pretty valuable. Not to mention with the Celtics pick you get another bite of the apple and hopefully Nesmith.
We still have time to sort out what this team is. If we start winning again we will fight for the playoffs and retain most of the guys. If we are 5 games under at the deadline, I would be shocked if we don’t unload one or two assets

Hard to watch. The Kings have lost 7 of the last 8 quarters against below average teams with many players out.
They have reverted back to crap defense. The leading rebounder of the starting 5 was Hield with 6. Holmes got 2. Not acceptable at all.

The Kings shot over 50% for the game but had trouble with the 3. On those nights it takes defensive stops and rebounding to stay in games. The Kings made Mr. V and Brooks look like all-stars.

People need to lay off of Cory Joseph. Jeffries is not the guy to start.

The NBA is a long grinding season and it shows. The Kings have not been mentally into the last 2 games. They need to wake up and play with some intensity. The Nets might wake them up.
Cojo is trash and Jeffries def isn't the guy to start. I'm not sure how he got in the lineup. Except for the fact Walton is coaching and dating his mother

Kings got smashed by the more physical, less talented teams last night. That has happened a ton this year. What's new?

Buddy is soft, Bjelly starts making dumb plays (he pushed off pretty much on every drive--got called for two offensive fouls), and Fox gets sped up when teams bully them. Gotta fix it. No excuses.

Holmes is limited. He should be our first bench big. The Grizz sat at the mid range area (where his push shot comes from) all night--pretty much daring him to drive or shoot a normal shot. Gotta extend your range, Holmes.

Hali had two turnovers on slips last night. Wassup with those shoes?

Cojo sucked. Jeffries needs to hit 30% from threes to be on the floor. Can we see Woodard?

Kings got smashed by the more physical, less talented teams last night. That has happened a ton this year. What's new?

Buddy is soft, Bjelly starts making dumb plays (he pushed off pretty much on every drive--got called for two offensive fouls), and Fox gets sped up when teams bully them. Gotta fix it. No excuses.

Holmes is limited. He should be our first bench big. The Grizz sat at the mid range area (where his push shot comes from) all night--pretty much daring him to drive or shoot a normal shot. Gotta extend your range, Holmes.

Hali had two turnovers on slips last night. Wassup with those shoes?

Cojo sucked. Jeffries needs to hit 30% from threes to be on the floor. Can we see Woodard?
CoJo was the reason why the Kings didn't lose by 25pts. He was the best player in the 4th quarter by a long shot.

I'm coming around on agreeing with your opinion of Hield. I don't know what his deal is but he is killing the Kings most nights. I can deal with the turnovers and poor defense when he is scoring but he's rarely ever scoring efficiently anymore. Most nights he's right around 1 point per shot. During his last year with Joerger, he was scoring 4 more points than shots he attempted. This year he is only scoring 1.7 more points. His 3 point shot has gotten worse and his 2 point shot has fallen off the map. It seems like he only has an efficient scoring night once every 2 weeks or so when it used to be on a regular basis.

Truth. He is a bench big. An energy guy. A small ball center, who doesn't have the overall versatility to play the 4. But, as this roster stands, we don't have a full size starting center. Whiteside could fill the role short term if he were healthy and fully engaged.

he was supposed to be after Fox, Bagley and Giles. Problem is Vlade can’t judge talent and Vivek is a horrible owner who refuses to let the team tank and get good players.
Agree on the 1st part. The 2nd part, like the return of the pre 7 of 8 KINGS, can jump off the Tower bridge. Franchises don’t have to tank to get good players. That’s crazy, lazy millennial talk.

Agree on the 1st part. The 2nd part, like the return of the pre 7 of 8 KINGS, can jump off the Tower bridge. Franchises don’t have to tank to get good players. That’s crazy, lazy millennial talk.
Well since I’m at the border of Boomer and GenX nice try. Small market franchisees need some smarts and luck. OKC is the model for how it is done.

Well since I’m at the border of Boomer and GenX nice try. Small market franchisees need some smarts and luck. OKC is the model for how it is done.
It is the idea to think there is no need to tank and get a top notch talent made this team stuck in eternal mediocrity. Continue to build like this I see another 15 years not making the playoff.