[Game] Kings @ Suns, 10/27/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Kings Fans Panic-o-meter (How concerned are you about the start to the season?)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats fine just not 100% of every single word she says. she says 37 words were 4 will do.
That’s been the main negative my wife and I have noticed about her during her time as sideline reporter and media member. She rarely can ask a simple question and instead has to preface in dissertation. I can guess at the reasons why she developed that habit, but she’s been doing the job long enough that she should have grown out of it by now.

Hopefully she doesn’t take so long to figure it out in her current role of PbP analyst. Knowledge isn’t an issue.

tumultuous start but we’re 2-2 again some strong opposition. For all the ship-righting that needs to be done, that is a great result. Now we just need to take care of business against the Pels to keep the good vibes rolling. Go kings!
We really HAVE to come out and win the game against a struggling Pels team. Win that and we get the good vibes going and some confidence. Otherwise a big time letdown.

We really HAVE to come out and win the game against a struggling Pels team. Win that and we get the good vibes going and some confidence. Otherwise a big time letdown.
yeah losing this game will be a ginormous letdown. They don’t have Zion and we are at full health for the most part. Playoff implications also for potential tie breakers down the road.

definitely. 9 of our next 12 are against teams that were sub-.500 last year. But, so were we. 6-6 doesn’t cut it against that schedule. Getting to 8-4 or 9-3 over that stretch is more important than a 2-2 start. It’s always nice to beat the big dogs, but good teams and playoff teams win consistently against the lower tier teams.

Even if we manage to beat the Mavs Jazz and Suns during this upcoming stretch, it doesn’t mean much if we lose a bunch of those winnable games and come out at or below .500 on the other end

Agreed. And not just because it's been only a few games. But I look at him and he looks great. It was fair to wonder if the added muscle might rob him of quicks and speed. Uhhhh... no. It's not a physical thing, and in fact I think he's done a nice job adjusting his style to take advantage of his greater strength. So if he's as quick and fast as ever, and stronger than ever, seems waaaaay too soon to read more than a season-beginning slump into this.
1 thousand percent agreed!

definitely. 9 of our next 12 are against teams that were sub-.500 last year. But, so were we. 6-6 doesn’t cut it against that schedule. Getting to 8-4 or 9-3 over that stretch is more important than a 2-2 start. It’s always nice to beat the big dogs, but good teams and playoff teams win consistently against the lower tier teams.

Even if we manage to beat the Mavs Jazz and Suns during this upcoming stretch, it doesn’t mean much if we lose a bunch of those winnable games and come out at or below .500 on the other end
Omg that’s been the most frustrating thing about our Kings outside of losing games at home like clockwork. If this team wants to start proving that they’ve turned the corner, they must start winning games like the one we have coming up against the Pelicans.

tumultuous start but we’re 2-2 again some strong opposition. For all the ship-righting that needs to be done, that is a great result. Now we just need to take care of business against the Pels to keep the good vibes rolling. Go kings!
You've identified the bottom line for me. And while I'm wary of identifying every other early season game as some sort of bellwether, the Zion-less Pels are a team our playoffs-aspirational Kings really *should* beat even if they don't yet have their act together. And hopefully it'll be a win that doesn't come down to last-second heroics. AND it'd move the Kings to 3-2. Mavs on Sunday could go either way, tough Jazz rematch after that.

You've identified the bottom line for me. And while I'm wary of identifying every other early season game as some sort of bellwether, the Zion-less Pels are a team our playoffs-aspirational Kings really *should* beat even if they don't yet have their act together. And hopefully it'll be a win that doesn't come down to last-second heroics. AND it'd move the Kings to 3-2. Mavs on Sunday could go either way, tough Jazz rematch after that.
Agree totally. And the little mistakes in terms of not playing to the strengths of their best players at the right times has been this teams downfall time and again and made things way tougher than they need to be. This team has talent. They've had talent. Barnes is finally full timing at PF and shocker, he's looking better. Is he a 24 and 10 guy? Eh, but the truth is he shouldn't need to be for this team to be a threat. Now it's time to find that groove. If they find that groove then they'll start getting the games they should without having to empty the gas tank every night.

I guess when the Kings win games this season, we’re gonna continue to see “such and such team sucks now” posts until they make us all believers. I mean, maybe we just handed them their butts most of the night. I don’t think the Suns suddenly suck after 3 months lol
I mean it’s been 15 years can you blame any of us that feel this way lol. It’s pretty impressive people have hung on this long. Most of my friends just keep telling me to become a dubs fan. My response: “**** you” lol

thats fine just not 100% of every single word she says. she says 37 words were 4 will do. never a light moment. that's it i got it she sounds like she hates what she is doing. That or she is so gung ho that she needs to lighten up
I loved her on the pre/post game shows but she's really struggling in her role now. Just super amateurish. Tons of whining about the refs. Last night there was a play where I think Davion fouled a Suns player on a little 10 footer. He hits the guy right on the forearm - clear and obvious foul (which was called). She watches the replay and says "I really don't see anything there." You just can't do stuff like that if you're going to try to add value to the viewers.

I mean it’s been 15 years can you blame any of us that feel this way lol. It’s pretty impressive people have hung on this long. Most of my friends just keep telling me to become a dubs fan. My response: “**** you” lol
Oh, don’t get me wrong! I get it. Trust me, i try my best not to get too up or down with this team, but, i can’t imagine rooting for anyone else. Apathy has sat in before, but, rooting for the Warriors?! Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.