[Game] Kings @ Suns, 10/27/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Kings Fans Panic-o-meter (How concerned are you about the start to the season?)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Seriously, the newness of playing defense must have had them worn out by the 4th quarter in the last couple of games. I was joking earlier but I really do think they were conserving some energy for the second half by not buckling down in the first.
I think you may be right. Playing defense for 48 minutes is simply not sustainable, regardless of conditioning. Teams do it in spurts and when it matters the most, Kings kept it in striking distance with their halftime deficit

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Seriously, the newness of playing defense must have had them worn out by the 4th quarter in the last couple of games. I was joking earlier but I really do think they were conserving some energy for the second half by not buckling down in the first.
Might make sense if they didn't have a bench, but they do have a bench. They just didn't start this game like they were locked-in.

Last 5 min
Fox 0-4
Hali 1-2
Barnes 2-3
Buddy 0-0

they man that got you in the game never got a shot in the last 5 min. Fox is killing us in crunch time. He also was 1-2 from the line during that period of time.
This is not the norm though. Let’s not forget this is literally just game 4 of the season. Fox in the fourth quarter is typically a beast! He hasn’t had a normal training regimen in this pandemic and he may be using the first few games of the regular season to get right. Sucks for him and us, but I’m willing to bet we won’t be having this conversation about a healthy Fox (prayerfully) come mid November and December. No way.

We have been absolute trash at home over the last few years though. The players have got to reconnect with the fans and gain some sort of homecourt advantage and make that our “thing” again, especially with our improvement on the road.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
A lot is going on the world right now. I know folks don’t wanna hear excuses, but, anything could be going on with Fox right now. He didn’t suddenly forget how to play basketball, so, let’s maybe give him more than 4 games before we go crazy. I personally think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt here.
Or we could trade him for John Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.