[Game] Kings @ Suns, 10/27/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Kings Fans Panic-o-meter (How concerned are you about the start to the season?)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly he may have been right then too. We're biased being kings fans
No one ever really disputed the fact that Morant might be or is better though. It was the fact that it was a rude and random comment to make. Why tf would Fox be thinking about Morant or vice versa? Fox was awesome last season and we’re only 4 games deep into this season, not to mention the fact that Morant doesn’t necessarily blow Fox outta the water when they matchup head to head. Not at all, actually. It was a random and weird observation to come up with on his part and he knows it.

All this shade being thrown at Fox is ridiculous. It’s as if some fans expect every player on the team to be playing their best all the time. If that were remotely possible the team would never lose!

Performances ebb and flow. HB is playing really, really well right now. But at some point he’ll take a step back. At some point Fox will look like the player he was last season and the season before. Folks need to settle down.

Those piling on Fox now will be piling on someone else soon enough. Someone on the team will always be playing poorly.

The constant overreaction to it is silly, even more so in the wake of a big W.

We’re at .500 with road wins over two division foes. And played close, competitive games against two other conference playoff teams.

IDK why some refuse to ever be content about anything.

Look at Fox's reaction after he made that shot and then the celebration after. He's not right in the head at the moment.
i don’t know about that. IMO he’s been too even keel in general. Even in his interviews or post game presses he’s just too neutral about everything. Idk if he’s trying to be not too high not too low but we’ll find out.

now that I think about it. I think he’s just grown up now. He’s seen basically everything but playoffs in the NBA.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Completely agree. He was a jerk on the radio, and often annoying with in-game jinxes but his excitement over big plays seriously rubbed off.
Completely disagree. He was indeed a jerk on the radio, and yes, he got excited about big plays (like the current broadcasters don't?), but he didn't do it for me in the broadcast booth. Not saying that the ones we have now are perfect, but I'm glad to be listening to other voices instead (especially Kayte) on a broadcast.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Tyrese's shot only came because De'Aaron found him in a tight pocket in the corner. Barnes was able to get to the rim for his lead extender because the defense was really hedging towards Fox. I get what you're saying but can you imagine the uproar if we did forcefeed it to Buddy only for him to go full Buddy?
i'm not even asking for a force feed. Fox's shots were forced. ball movement just stops in the final 5 every game. same as last year. Buddy is the sole reason we had the chance to win that game. we were up by 11 with 5 min left and needed a buzzer beater to win and buddy had the ball in his hands once and 0 shot attempts. meanwhile the struggle monsters ( halli and fox) touched the ball every possession.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
i'm not even asking for a force feed. Fox's shots were forced. ball movement just stops in the final 5 every game. same as last year. Buddy is the sole reason we had the chance to win that game. we were up by 11 with 5 min left and needed a buzzer beater to win and buddy had the ball in his hands once and 0 shot attempts. meanwhile the struggle monsters ( halli and fox) touched the ball every possession.
The Suns were selling out to stop Buddy though. I’m talking, doubling him off the ball, marking him with Bridges level of focus. Those shots he had in the third weren’t there in the fourth.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Completely disagree. He was indeed a jerk on the radio, and yes, he got excited about big plays (like the current broadcasters don't?), but he didn't do it for me in the broadcast booth. Not saying that the ones we have now are perfect, but I'm glad to be listening to other voices instead (especially Kayte) on a broadcast.
kayte comes off as a know it all to me. like she has all these insights on how things should be done. fox scored on first possession and after the 2nd possession she said the offense is not very fluid right now that we have to have more ball movement. not 2nd quarter but the 2nd possession. i guess in her mind we want to here what is wrong with every single play both offensive and defensive

Entity

Hall of Famer
The Suns were selling out to stop Buddy though. I’m talking, doubling him off the ball, marking him with Bridges level of focus. Those shots he had in the third weren’t there in the fourth.
so you are saying that we couldn't score with fox, hali, Barnes, Holmes while buddy was being doubled off the ball? That's even worse

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
kayte comes off as a know it all to me. like she has all these insights on how things should be done. fox scored on first possession and after the 2nd possession she said the offense is not very fluid right now that we have to have more ball movement. not 2nd quarter but the 2nd possession. i guess in her mind we want to here what is wrong with every single play both offensive and defensive
So you’re saying you don’t want her to analyze what she’s seeing happening on the floor like she’s getting paid to?

Entity

Hall of Famer
So you’re saying you don’t want her to analyze what she’s seeing happening on the floor like she’s getting paid to?
thats fine just not 100% of every single word she says. she says 37 words were 4 will do. never a light moment. that's it i got it she sounds like she hates what she is doing. That or she is so gung ho that she needs to lighten up

WHEN he does, things will really be fun. I just want us to stay healthy, and i think everything else will come and balance itself out. Fox isn’t someone i worry about, honestly.
Agreed. And not just because it's been only a few games. But I look at him and he looks great. It was fair to wonder if the added muscle might rob him of quicks and speed. Uhhhh... no. It's not a physical thing, and in fact I think he's done a nice job adjusting his style to take advantage of his greater strength. So if he's as quick and fast as ever, and stronger than ever, seems waaaaay too soon to read more than a season-beginning slump into this.

Agreed. And not just because it's been only a few games. But I look at him and he looks great. It was fair to wonder if the added muscle might rob him of quicks and speed. Uhhhh... no. It's not a physical thing, and in fact I think he's done a nice job adjusting his style to take advantage of his greater strength. So if he's as quick and fast as ever, and stronger than ever, seems waaaaay too soon to read more than a season-beginning slump into this.
I think he's in his own head at this point. He added bulk probably with the intent of increasing his trips to the line... but now the refs are calling things looser and he's not hitting his free throws. Then everyone tells him he needs to shoot the three, but can't get in a rhythm there but he still probably thinks he needs to shoot the volume. I'm most troubled by his lack of mid-range/floaters so far. I think once he starts to get those little foul line floaters and fadeaways going, things will start to open up and he'll get back into a rhythm .

I think he's in his own head at this point. He added bulk probably with the intent of increasing his trips to the line... but now the refs are calling things looser and he's not hitting his free throws. Then everyone tells him he needs to shoot the three, but can't get in a rhythm there but he still probably thinks he needs to shoot the volume. I'm most troubled by his lack of mid-range/floaters so far. I think once he starts to get those little foul line floaters and fadeaways going, things will start to open up and he'll get back into a rhythm .
I think most of us would agree that they have a lot to work on.
  1. Getting Fox right, preferably while keeping others involved
  2. Getting Hali, Davis, and Mitchell closer to right offensively, consistently
  3. Straightening out their 4th-quarter woes
  4. Bringing consistent defensive effort throughout the game
  5. Bringing a more coherent and cohesive offensive effort throughout
  6. Better minute management for HB (37+ right now) and Fox (35+). HB's minutes are ridiculous. This way lies exhaustion.
  7. Ironing out the front court backup minutes. I definitely like Len behind Richaun, regardless of matchup. Would also like to see Metu, for sure.
  8. ETC.
All to say, if they can continue at least to hover around .500 while hopefully improving on much of this, great. My biggest fear is that they drop a bunch of games and lose heart. As early-season games go, especially given the dynamic of the game itself, last night's win was big. Given all the room for improvement, to be at .500 against that particular set of teams, and to be very competitive even in the losses, is a very promising sign.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
Seems entirely consistent with someone whose entire broadcasting career has required her to say a lot, in very tight windows. Like, you know, a sideline reporter. Kayte's a pro, I'm sure she'll adjust.
just a touch of levity from time to time. Draper actually tried to real her in at one point last night. he included himself but, i knew what he was doing. he said wow by listening to us you would think were down by more than 4 points.

What game were you watching? The ball movement sucked the entire game. No I don't consider running back and forth along the 3 point line handing the ball off ball movement. The ball is staying in the same spot.Then when the shot clock hits 5 back up and shoot a 3.

Entity

Hall of Famer
What game were you watching? The ball movement sucked the entire game. No I don't consider running back and forth along the 3 point line handing the ball off ball movement. The ball is staying in the same spot.Then when the shot clock hits 5 back up and shoot a 3.
oh yeah it sucked the entire game.

I completely understand your opinion on Peaches. I get it.

As I said before, I’m willing to give Kayte a full season before casting (semi) final judgement. That said I also understand the many that have found Draper and Kayte not so good thus far. “Other“ voices isn’t necessarily always a good thing.

I just wish G-Man wanted to do the TV gig. There are certainly some that would complain and not like him either but I’m confident he’d have a much higher approval rate than anyone else.

Agreed. They weren’t there.

Not only that, he may not recall what happened when Buddy did get his hands on the ball up 2 with around :38 remaining.

His ball handling issues and decision making often turns him into a huge question mark late in games. He’s much better off in catch and shoot situations.

barnes’s heroics really saved what felt like a very rough game. We looked terrible in the first half. Coming out and building a lead in the second half was a welcome change. But the last 5 minutes we choked up a big lead… again… Suns going on a run to erase a 13 point lead in the final 5 minutes. Most of that was Devin Booker roasting us, with a guy like that sometimes you just have to tip a hat. Can’t get too upset with an MVP type scorer willing his team back into the game, as much as it would’ve been nice for us to get more answers back on the other end to have stopped the bleeding earlier

this win was definitely a salve. For the talk of pessimists and Debbie downers, I get it. I played the eternal optimist during the boogie years even with Karl around and the constant negativity with the team. It’s worn thin on me lately with so many kings squads looking good enough to win but never getting there. Suns 4th quarter comeback made this game feel like a mirage , and somehow surviving that last minute to sneak out with a win on the home court of the defending conference champions is a welcome relief

tumultuous start but we’re 2-2 again some strong opposition. For all the ship-righting that needs to be done, that is a great result. Now we just need to take care of business against the Pels to keep the good vibes rolling. Go kings!

Status
Not open for further replies.