Vote for the Sacramento Kings Dance Team (merged)

M

MrBiggs

I voted Kings out of pure homerism but Phoenix will take this. Those girls are just downright hot.

Yeah they give the Kings girls a cheesy Las Vegas Lounge pic in the gold uni's, and the sun's girls get a street clothes..all laying together ala hot girls at a slumber party photo. COMPLETELY unfair, AND WE HAVE STILL MOUNTED A COME BACK.

Well looks like we're going to win this one, Next round is against Seattle. We should be them to. Looks like it will be Sac Vs Miami in the finals. Judging by the pic of the Miami girls, we're going to need to find the sluttiest photo's the Kings girls have. One that oozes sex. That's what the Miami girls have going on.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DocHolliday said:
Well looks like we're going to win this one, Next round is against Seattle. We should be them to. Looks like it will be Sac Vs Miami in the finals. Judging by the pic of the Miami girls, we're going to need to find the sluttiest photo's the Kings girls have. One that oozes sex. That's what the Miami girls have going on.
Yeah, because nothing represents the Sacramento Kings and their fans better than slutty pictures of the dance team.

Good lord...

:rolleyes:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We're doomed next round anyway when we run into the Seattle Linegerie Team. Heck, I think even I might vote for the wrong squad in that matchup. :p

T

thesanityannex

Bricklayer said:
We're doomed next round anyway when we run into the Seattle Linegerie Team. Heck, I think even I might vote for the wrong squad in that matchup. :p
Those look like bikinis to me rather than lingerie. Anyways, I think they'll have a decent chance. And they've been changing the pictures up for each round.

On a sidenote, this contest seems quite ridiculous, especially coming from the league itself. Not that the contest bothers me, but the female fans are probably like WTF!!! I'm surprised the league is pushing the slut factor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
Those look like bikinis to me rather than lingerie. Anyways, I think they'll have a decent chance. And they've been changing the pictures up for each round.

On a sidenote, this contest seems quite ridiculous, especially coming from the league itself. Not that the contest bothers me, but the female fans are probably like WTF!!! I'm surprised the league is pushing the slut factor.
I'm guessing you haven't been to a game recently. Dance teams have really ... well... changed in the past couple of years.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
I'm guessing you haven't been to a game recently. Dance teams have really ... well... changed in the past couple of years.
I've been to games this year, but I'm always getting as many drinks in at halftime as possible. No time to watch the "dance team".

VF21 said:
Yeah, because nothing represents the Sacramento Kings and their fans better than slutty pictures of the dance team.

Good lord...

:rolleyes:
Umm, it's not about representing Sacramento. It's about winning. So, all I was saying is to Win against the Heat if we get to the finals, we need some more suggestive pictures. Lighten up just a little.

Oh, and by the way. Coming from a 28 year old guy that goes out to quite a few clubs and gets around town, the answer is yes. Pictures of slutty girls would represent Sacramento very well.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
DocHolliday said:
Pictures of slutty girls would represent Sacramento very well.
Maybe it is about the company you keep. ;)

Pictures of slutty girls representing Sacramento very well is just ridiculous. Are there slutty girls in Sacramento?.....no doubt. Is it the norm or a small segment? I, for one, resent the hell out of using slutty girls to represent the women of Sacramento.:mad:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That, as they say, is life, and "slut" (a Victrorian era term BTW) is always in the eye of the beholder:

All about the hoops right? ;)

There has always and will always be a sexuality factor to sports. I think the Seattle pics are maybe taking it a bit far (not even being in uniform, or team colors or anything), but then again, SI Swimsuit Edition anyone?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
That, as they say, is life, and "slut" (a Victrorian era term BTW) is always in the eye of the beholder:

All about the hoops right? ;)

There has always and will always be a sexuality factor to sports. I think the Seattle pics are maybe taking it a bit far (not even being in uniform, or team colors or anything), but then again, SI Swimsuit Edition anyone?
Sorry, Brick...but that picture is just silly.

I personally think there's enough excitement on the court from the game. Not everything has to be reduced to a "sexuality factor," IMHO...

There is NO way you could possibly understand what some of us are trying to say. We do have a right to our opinion, however. The fact that it was MEN who first made this about the "slut factor" says a lot.

DocHolliday said:
So, all I was saying is to Win against the Heat if we get to the finals, we need some more suggestive pictures.
Because the dance team is all about being suggestive and has totally foregone any pretext of being talented, right?

Lighten up a little? Sorry, Doc...but I think my opinion is every bit as valid as anyone else's. There are a LOT of female fans of the NBA nowadays. And not all of them go to the games just to catch the eye of some macho guy in the next row. :rolleyes: Some of us - brace yourself - actually love the game of basketball.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
I personally think there's enough excitement on the court from the game. Not everything has to be reduced to a "sexuality factor," IMHO...

There is NO way you could possibly understand what some of us are trying to say. We do have a right to our opinion, however. The fact that it was MEN who first made this about the "slut factor" says a lot.
Not everything has to be reduced to a sexuality factor, but most things usually are.

As for the dance teams... sure, they've gotten more overtly sexual in the last few years. And, sure, they're a lot more about hot girls than actual talent these days. But, when were they ever about anything more than breaking up the monotony of a quarter break by bring out a few pretty girls to shake a little ***?

This whole ridiculous contest has been about the "slut factor" since the minute it started, regardless of who pointed it out first. If it wasn't, there would be clips of the girls dancing to vote on, instead of still photographs.

I, personally, am slightly bothered by the nature of this particular contest. Have been since it was first publicized. However, insinuating that a few comments by the male posters in this thread is, single-handedly, what made this contest about the objectification of women is a blatant exaggeration, and more than a little defensive.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Because the dance team is all about being suggestive and has totally foregone any pretext of being talented, right?
Talent is a requirement for a dance team??? :eek:

T

thesanityannex

GoGoGadget said:
This whole ridiculous contest has been about the "slut factor" since the minute it started. If it wasn't, there would be clips of the girls dancing to vote on, instead of still photographs.
Exactly. I went the first time to vote expecting to see some actual booty shaking. All I saw were booties. I then simply voted for the best booty.

6th said:
Maybe it is about the company you keep. ;)

Pictures of slutty girls representing Sacramento very well is just ridiculous. Are there slutty girls in Sacramento?.....no doubt. Is it the norm or a small segment? I, for one, resent the hell out of using slutty girls to represent the women of Sacramento.:mad:
Actually go downtown...go to clubs....go to bars...go to shops.....they are sexy they are attractive and 65% of them are dressing kind of slutty. Not bad to look at, but no one I'd want to be mine. We are talking about a majority here, and we're talking about people that are in the age range of still being highly desireable by a large range of men.

T

thesanityannex

DocHolliday said:
Actually go downtown...go to clubs....go to bars...go to shops.....they are sexy they are attractive and 65% of them are dressing kind of slutty. Not bad to look at, but no one I'd want to be mine.
Lies, all lies.:p

Personally, I blame the parents for producing these vixens. They never should have consumated their relationships. Now we are stuck with these pretty ladies on our dance team and have resorted to arguing.