Vote for the Sacramento Kings Dance Team (merged)

6th said:
Glad to hear this. It means our girls have some dignity. They would prefer to have fun and keep it professional than stoop to the raunch of the bikini clad Heat girls.

I thought this was a competition between dance teams, not co-eds on the beach.
Uh-oh...so much for dignity...

Last edited:
What is wrong with the pic. It's a play on the Maloofs billboard to Chris Webber. The one where they said please re-sign we'll mow your lawn. They were on Jim's show today, and said they just wanted to keep this fun. That pic is "fun", nothing undignified about it.

DocHolliday said:
What is wrong with the pic. It's a play on the Maloofs billboard to Chris Webber. The one where they said please re-sign we'll mow your lawn. They were on Jim's show today, and said they just wanted to keep this fun. That pic is "fun", nothing undignified about it.
I personally don't have a problem with the picture and I got the obvious reference to the billboard. My response was to an ongoing discussion about how our dance team had always been in their uniforms and had kept it about dancing rather than a bikini contest.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
D-Mass said:
I personally don't have a problem with the picture and I got the obvious reference to the billboard. My response was to an ongoing discussion about how our dance team had always been in their uniforms and had kept it about dancing rather than a bikini contest.
True, but I see no problem. Why? I see it as some young ladies with a marvelous sense of humor who are not only making reference to the Maloofs, but making fun of their competitor's at the same time. And, they are much more dressed than the Heat girls. They did not stoop to the bikini clad girls that would win at any cost. That, in and of itself, is dignified. You go, girls! :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th said:
True, but I see no problem. Why? I see it as some young ladies with a marvelous sense of humor who are not only making reference to the Maloofs, but making fun of their competitor's at the same time. And, they are much more dressed than the Heat girls. They did not stoop to the bikini clad girls that would win at any cost. That, in and of itself, is dignified. You go, girls! :p
I don't think D-Mass was saying there was a problem. I think he was making a somewhat teasing comment. If anything, I think DocHolliday's comment was the one that missed the humor of D-Mass's post.

:p

VF21 said:
I don't think D-Mass was saying there was a problem. I think he was making a somewhat teasing comment. If anything, I think DocHolliday's comment was the one that missed the humor of D-Mass's post.

:p
True! Thanks, VF. I should have used a well-placed :D, ;), or :p emoticon on my post, I suppose.

I still can't see the heat video, but the Kings girls video works fine.:confused: I have noticed that the Kings Dance Team has been on the main dance bracket tab page. They are up to 28%....go Sacramento!:)

Bricklayer said:
Yes, MUCH more. They have short shorts/mini-skirts between their bikini tops and high heels. ;)
Anytime you have the completely unnatural pairing of high heels and swimwear, you're treading the same cheesy waters.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Silicone could be the best invention ever. I have had girlfriends in the past that if i made a comment on another womans assest she would be quick to point out they are fake, as if that was going to somehow discourage me from looking or something. PSSST..... I think i speak on behalf of all men WE DON'T CARE

go kings RCD. I guess since two days passed, you can vote again? I dunno. I voted on three browsers on my PC on friday, and I can vote again today. And while I was at the library the other day I voted on all the computers.

Entity said:
Silicone could be the best invention ever. I have had girlfriends in the past that if i made a comment on another womans assest she would be quick to point out they are fake, as if that was going to somehow discourage me from looking or something. PSSST..... I think i speak on behalf of all men WE DON'T CARE
Of course you don't. Its not your body being mutilated.

kennadog said:
Of course you don't. Its not your body being mutilated.
Augmented.

Voluntarily.

As a choice made by the woman who has to live with it.

There are of course huge questions/issues with society's current standards of the ideal female form, how those standards translate to various degrees of healthy or unhealthy body image, and the self esteem issues that may be created by failing to live up to those ideals. But, mutilation might be going a bit far. I don't recall seeing anyone forced to have their breasts enlarged.

GoGoGadget said:
Augmented.

Voluntarily.

As a choice made by the woman who has to live with it.

There are of course huge questions/issues with society's current standards of the ideal female form, how those standards translate to various degrees of healthy or unhealthy body image, and the self esteem issues that may be created by failing to live up to those ideals. But, mutilation might be going a bit far. I don't recall seeing anyone forced to have their breasts enlarged.
People, women in particular, have "voluntarily" done many things to their bodies over centuries. Rings around the neck to stretch the neck; binding the feet; stretching plugs in lips and ears. Those things were/are desirability enhancements, too. Just because it's voluntary, doesn't mean it isn't mutilating, especially when done to the extreme. I'm not totally against breast enhancement or replacement.

I've tried to imagine what an archaeologist centuries from now, might make of a dessicated, female mummy who still has a nice, large chest, tho. :p ;)

Hack job?
It's not even mid-April, and the Kings already have controversy in the playoffs.
This time, though, it's the Kings' dancers, who are suspicious about the legitimacy of an online vote determining whether they survive in the virtual playoffs against other dance teams. As the conspiracy theory goes, a hacker broke into the system to skew the number of votes swaying toward Sacramento in its faceoff against the Miami Heat.

Allegedly, it was a close race until Saturday afternoon, when the percentage jumped by nearly 20 percent in less than a half-hour, raising suspicions. Serious accusations, indeed.

The competition is closer to a swimsuit contest than any sort of dance-off, with voters researching photos and videos of each team before making their choice.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/14238285p-15058758c.html
Ha! I knew it! :p