View from the Other Side (SpursTalk)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Spurs are 2-point favorites on the road against the Kings tomorrow. Kings can clinch a surprisingly important tiebreaker with a win.
— Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) February 4, 2019
---
Demar will erupt for 25 points. Spurs by 12
---
Last time we played these guys, lot of our key guys were still struggling, (LMA/Marco/Patty) and it was a close game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070878

Hopefully they can show up, and DeMar joins the party and snaps out of this funk he's in.
----
De'aaron Fox has been getting mentored by MVParker. Huge L incoming for us
---
Buddy is having a really solid year. His shot is full on legit now (like in College) and he’s busting out.
---
Fox is absolutely feasting on Forbes.
---
its all about transition d in this game, they like to push the tempo.
---
This NBA TV Crew is awful
---
This Spurs team has a sub-70 IQ tbh.
---
Even Bagley's 3's are falling against us smh
---
We're getting our asses kicked
---
Welp, even getting hot from three won't be enough to win. Kings are just too fast for this Spurs team.
---
Spurs can't stay in front of any of their guards. At all. That's gonna remain the same the whole game. Kings may cool off from three but then they'll start attacking the rim and getting easy layups or freebies.
---
Spurs have a lead
---
Only down 4 after that turd of a 1st, I’ll take it. Plus, the Kings had Shump, Giles, and Bagley all going off. Very winnable game despite Cunningham getting minutes
---
White slowing Fox down would have made a huge difference tonight.
---
Kings pulling away again
---
Pop is a ******* idiot
---
Mills is horrible
---
Pau is worthless
---
If this game doesn’t show pop and RC how bad the team needs a Def wing idk what will
---
Getting destroyed by a bunch of 21 year olds
---
Young (& talented) legs are underrated tbh.
---
It's just too easy for them
---
Glad Candance Parker keeps bringing up how Bertans should be in the 3 point contest
---
Damn, that was nasty. [Bagley's dunk]
---
That 360 oop to Bagley was nice, can’t deny it
---
Bagley is good. How many seasons for him to demand a trade?
---
Man, that dunk was sick.
---
Wish the Spurs had half an athlete on their team.
---
Time to turn this off and watch some Spurs basketball from the 2000s. I just hate most of the players and Pop's coaching decisions on this team too much to really support them on a daily basis.
---
This is a disgrace.
---
Lol Yogi. He owned the Spurs when he was on the Mavs too.
---
Spurs are just getting schooled by a bunch of 20 year olds now...sad
---
4:00 left in the game, and down by 15 points. Good night and drive safely....
---
Kings now own the Tie Breaker with the win
---
Bagley looking lively
---
Spurs give most players their career highs... embarrassing
---
Disappointing loss... hacking Stein this late!?
---
I legitmately think I can score a bucket on Mills and Forbes not even joking
---
Can see this Kings teams getting the 8 spot and then being the perfect meal for GSW.
---
So many players get their career highs against us lol
---
Bagley, Yogi, and Giles beat the Spurs tonight ... that's funny
---
Just came from the game. This was the biggest blowout I've witnessed at the hands of a King's team in my 18+ years of attending Spurs at Kings games. That's all that really needs to be said. Just not the same Spurs we've been spoiled by in the past. 112 points should be enough to beat teams like these and it's frustrating to see how much pressure is put on the offense to have to trade baskets and not miss for 6 consecutive possessions, otherwise the opposing team eventually controls the game. One can say our offense can't keep up with other, younger offenses when they're on fire but 112 points is alot on the road. We shouldn't have to depend on only one player in White to restore some balance off the perimeter defense. We desperately need a trade to stand a chance defensively against higher seeds in the playoffs but even just to win any series without having to go to a likely game 7. That's not to say the offense is perfectly fine the way it is. The shot selection is simply baffling. I've said it before and I'll say it again Forbes has no business taking nearly as many shots as our 3 best players...EVER. But he does. Time after time again. What exacerbates that is that we have another chucker in Mills, who took way too many shots in the 4th as he has consistently done. Pop needs to restrain them offensively because they aren't good enough to merit that kind of aggressiveness when we have LMA, DeRozan and Gay. Even Bertans and Belinelli deserve more shot attempts than those two guys. But back to our lack of defense, we can absorb having chuckers like that if our d wasn't so awful, particularly at the perimeter. Unfortunately, it seems PATFO are intent to settling for the way it is because, "hey Murray got hurt what can we do?" I have to remember that we beat Kawhi at San Antonio and that was our primary goal for the season. Beating Kawhi at Toronto should make it more than we can hope for given this lackluster roster.

To be fair, the Spurs good times lasted roughly thirty years from the drafting of the Admiral through the one season where they tanked for Timmy all the way until now sooooooooooooooo
You're totally right. However, it's funny because I'm old enough to remember the Spurs as a really horrible team for the first 4 years the KINGS were in Sacramento. Even once they had Robinson they were largely a 1st and 2nd round loser until Pop took over. Never a legit title contender as we've come to know them since 1998. So I see them a tad differently that those that have never known them to be a losing franchise.

Same goes for the NE Patriots. I clearly recall many years when they weren't so good. ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
To be fair, the Spurs good times lasted roughly thirty years from the drafting of the Admiral through the one season where they tanked for Timmy all the way until now sooooooooooooooo
You could make the case that it's been even longer than that. Prior to the 2015-16 season, were only two franchises in NBA history that had never missed the playoffs three consecutive seasons: the Spurs and the gd lakers. And, since the merger, the Spurs have only had three seasons when they didn't have a Hall of Famer on their roster: 1987-1989, and this one.

Technically, they still have a HOFer on their roster: Pau Gasol is a shell of himself, but he's getting in.

I give Coach Popovich tremendous credit again for giving some honest thoughts about the Kings after the game.
He is the standard by which we should compare other coaches.