Trade Brad Miller

ya know, i wouldn't mind if they traded him. every game this series, i kept hoping, ok, now he will play like B52. but it never happened. and its not like the Spurs took him out of the game.

SacTownKid said:
Still the fact does remain, we NEED shotblocking. More than anything else, that is what we need. We won't survive without it. You hear every team talk about the Kings and how they want to attack the paint b/c we have no shotblockers. And they proceed to kick our butt in that department.

I wouldn't mind Camby one dang bit.
I wouldn't minh him either, but every year he misses considerable time. I don't think I could deal with that. After all his nickname is Mr. Glass.

Get KG, bench Miller and start SAR at PF and get rid of KT and bring in a backup PG along with some shooters off the bench and hustle guys. A big wouldn't hurt neither.

Sac.Kings said:
Get KG, bench Miller and start SAR at PF and get rid of KT and bring in a backup PG along with some shooters off the bench and hustle guys. A big wouldn't hurt neither.
You're a funny man. How can the Kings get KG and still have Miller on the Kings? The only way TWolves would trade KG is get a big man in return and plus other star players and draft picks.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Well, if we're going to get Marcus Camby we should get Brian Skinner again. He's obviously a better rebounder and blocker than Miller.

Thinking about the timing for trading Brad Miller, this could be one of the worst times ever to trade him. He has just showcased how bad he can be. So I don't think he will be traded over the summer when his value has bottomed out. I think it will be during the season, something like the way Webber was traded after getting the Player of the Month award where his value was probably at its highest.

bibbyweb said:
Thinking about the timing for trading Brad Miller, this could be one of the worst times ever to trade him. He has just showcased how bad he can be. So I don't think he will be traded over the summer when his value has bottomed out. I think it will be during the season, something like the way Webber was traded after getting the Player of the Month award where his value was probably at its highest.
He did showcase how bad he is or can be. People still know he is a good shooter for big guy, but is very soft defensively. I think we can still see what is our there this summer for him and K9. I think his only chance to be o.k. with the team is obviously putting forth effort and also moving to the PF position and being backed by a big Center who tekes care of the rebounding/shoot blocking which he doesn't. Otherwise I don't see keeping him.

Brad? The same guy who on a interview with Grant said he only has to put up with reporters another 2 years? Looks like hes really looking forward to the 2 years that remains. Sound like a guy whos resignated the game of basketball. Im all for trading him or Bibby, but who will take them? They are both overpaid. Unless Petrie can pull some rabbits out of his hat, were stuck.

People said the same thing about Peja (different contracts, but still), and look what happened. Not only this season, but last season.

I don't think one bad playoff performance is going to absolutely kill his value.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kings113 said:
People said the same thing about Peja (different contracts, but still), and look what happened. Not only this season, but last season.

I don't think one bad playoff performance is going to absolutely kill his value.
Think the very interesting possible suitor in all this might be Chciago. They already know him. Desperately need a center + already have a rebounder/shotblocker to cover his pastiness. Its close to home for him. And a huge factor is that they can absorb his salary without having to match salaries back to us. Thus that opens up much more flexibility for us in trying to move him to the Bulls and maybe shed a little salary ourselves.

Throw all that together and we could potentially trade Brad to Chicago for one of their backup PGs and one of their #1s. We could even trade Brad and our #1 to them for that pick they got from the Knicks and maybe use it to snag an Aldridge or Thomas.

Last edited:
Indeed ^. I've brought up a few times the Chicago media a few times did talk about wanting him back earlier in the year.

Brad for Gordon or Duhon/High R1 pick, sounds good. :)

Bricklayer

This, just for kicks, is roughly $1 million in salary to Minn from working -- amazing what you can do witha team under the cap as facilitator:

Sacto

Out:
Miller
Potapenko (ending)
Thomas
Cisco
#1 pick (#19)

In:
Garnett

Chicago

Out:
Sweetney (ending)
#1 pick (from NY -- #1,#2,#3 most likely)

In:
Miller
#1 pick (#19)

Minnesota

Out:
Garnett

In:
Potapenko (ending)
Thomas
Cisco
Sweetney (ending)
#1 (#1,#2,#3 most likely)

Its just for kicks, but using Chicago's capspace, and filling their need for a center, you can actually construct a semi-reasonable Garnett offer centered around one of the top picks in the draft, a young guard (Cisco) and a young PF (Sweetney) + some ending contracts. Meanwhile both the Kings and Wolves shed some salary which ends up in Chicago in the person of their new center.

Throw in either Malik Allen (ending) From chicago, or Jason Hart (ending) from us, and the deal actually works $$$wise, and there are all sorts of other permutations.

Last edited:
^I don't think there's enough incentive for the Bulls to facillitate that deal. Why not just trade the #1 to the Bulls for Garnett themselves? On the other hand, if the Bulls get Garnett for, say, the #1 pick and Luol Deng, Chandler might be expendible: Brad Miller and Garcia for Chandler and Gordon?

Otherwise, Toronto might be the better facilitator. They're looking for a PG and a center and they have cap space.

nbrans said:
^I don't think there's enough incentive for the Bulls to facillitate that deal. Why not just trade the #1 to the Bulls for Garnett themselves? On the other hand, if the Bulls get Garnett for, say, the #1 pick and Luol Deng, Chandler might be expendible: Brad Miller and Garcia for Chandler and Gordon?

Otherwise, Toronto might be the better facilitator. They're looking for a PG and a center and they have cap space.
:eek:

that would be quite lovely. could create some issues with minutes distribution at the guard spots, but i like it.

Bricklayer

Unfortunately with Chicago's big playoff push, the chances of getting any of their core guys really went down. They will be looking to plug their holes, but its hard to see them giving away their top pieces for anything less than a slam dunk. Certianly Cisco + Brad for Chandler/Gordon doesn't move them ahead and robs them of all their interior presence.

Bricklayer

Bricklayer said:
This, just for kicks, is roughly $1 million in salary to Minn from working -- amazing what you can do witha team under the cap as facilitator:

Sacto

Out:
Miller
Potapenko (ending)
Thomas
Cisco
#1 pick (#19)

In:
Garnett

Chicago

Out:
Sweetney (ending)
#1 pick (from NY -- #1,#2,#3 most likely)

In:
Miller
#1 pick (#19)

Minnesota

Out:
Garnett

In:
Potapenko (ending)
Thomas
Cisco
Sweetney (ending)
#1 (#1,#2,#3 most likely)

Its just for kicks, but using Chicago's capspace, and filling their need for a center, you can actually construct a semi-reasonable Garnett offer centered around one of the top picks in the draft, a young guard (Cisco) and a young PF (Sweetney) + some ending contracts. Meanwhile both the Kings and Wolves shed some salary which ends up in Chicago in the person of their new center.

Throw in either Malik Allen (ending) From chicago, or Jason Hart (ending) from us, and the deal actually works $$$wise, and there are all sorts of other permutations.
Quoting myself -- here's a permutation -- pull Thomas out of the deal. Send SAR to Chicago along with Miller, have Chicago send an extra $6-$7mil in salaries over to the Wolves (Harrington +...Duhon? Deng? Songaila? Gordon?). Sweetens everybody's pot. Chicago now has ample reason to do it -- they have created the frontcourt we have discussed here -- Brad, SAR, Chandler, and they have kept all but one of their smaller players. And they still have 2 #1s.

Meanwhile the Wolves get the additional youngster and avoid the Thomas contract.

Bricklayer said:
Quoting myself -- here's a permutation -- pull Thomas out of the deal. Send SAR to Chicago along with Miller, have Chicago send an extra $6-$7mil in salaries over to the Wolves (Harrington +...Duhon? Deng? Songaila? Gordon?). Sweetens everybody's pot. Chicago now has ample reason to do it -- they have created the frontcourt we have discussed here -- Brad, SAR, Chandler, and they have kept all but one of their smaller players. And they still have 2 #1s.

Meanwhile the Wolves get the additional youngster and avoid the Thomas contract.
Again, though, Chicago has all the cards with the Knicks' #1 pick and their young players, and if they wanted Garnett they could just get him themselves -- which has to be their first goal if Garnett is available. I mean, I can't see them wanting Brad Miller more than Garnett.

The Kings need to BEAT Chicago's best offer with a Garnett proposal, not rely on them to help them out.

Here's another wild and crazy idea:

Sacramento outgoing:
Mike Bibby
Francisco Garcia
Kenny Thomas
Ronnie Price
Potapenko

Sacramento incoming:
Kevin Garnett
Marco Jaric
Eddie Griffin

Minnesota outgoing:
Kevin Garnett
Marco Jaric
Eddie Griffin

Minneosta incoming:
Allen Iverson
Steven Hunter
Potapenko
Kenny Thomas

Philadelphia outgoing:
Allen Iverson
Steven Hunter

Philadelphia incoming:
Mike Bibby
Francisco Garcia
Ronnie Price

NEW KINGS:
PG: TBD, Jaric
SG: Bonzi, Martin
SF: Artest, Martin, Monia
PF: KG, SAR
C: Miller, SAR, Griffin

Now, granted, that's a pretty big TBD, but it's also a pretty crazy good front line.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

nbrans said:
Again, though, Chicago has all the cards with the Knicks' #1 pick and their young players, and if they wanted Garnett they could just get him themselves -- which has to be their first goal if Garnett is available. I mean, I can't see them wanting Brad Miller more than Garnett.

The Kings need to BEAT Chicago's best offer with a Garnett proposal, not rely on them to help them out.
Chicago doesn't have to give up half its team to get those guys. Figure KG costs Chicago, at a minumum, their #1, Chandler, +1 of (Deng, Heinrich, Gordon etc.) And probably a bit more than that.

Reef/Miller costs them their #1, but also nets them a #1. And then the other player goign to Minny ay be as cheap as Songaila.

I would pursue Garnett myself if I were them, but if the end result is:

C-?
PF- Garnett
SF- Nocioni
OG- Heinrich
PG- Duhon
6th- Gordon
+ one #1

vs.
C-Miller
PF-Chandler
SF-Deng
OG-Heinrich
PG-Duhon
6th-SAR
7th-Gordon
8th-Nocioni
+two #1s

#2 might very well look more attractive.

Bricklayer said:
Chicago doesn't have to give up half its team to get those guys. Figure KG costs Chicago, at a minumum, their #1, Chandler, +1 of (Deng, Heinrich, Gordon etc.) And probably a bit more than that.

Reef/Miller costs them their #1, but also nets them a #1. And then the other player goign to Minny ay be as cheap as Songaila.

I would pursue Garnett myself if I were them, but if the end result is:

C-?
PF- Garnett
SF- Nocioni
OG- Heinrich
PG- Duhon
6th- Gordon
+ one #1

vs.
C-Miller
PF-Chandler
SF-Deng
OG-Heinrich
PG-Duhon
6th-SAR
7th-Gordon
8th-Nocioni
+two #1s

#2 might very well look more attractive.
Garnett for Gordon, Deng and #1 (Thomas/Aldridge) would probably get the trade done, leaving Chicago with:

C - Chandler/Sweetney
PF - Garnett/Songaila
SF - Nocioni
SG - TBD (Bonzi?)
PG - Hinrich/Gordon

Even with both Garnett and Chandler Chicago still has a ton of cap space to fill out the rest of the spots with free agents. Meanwhile, TWolves have instant cap room and three good young players.

I think the Kings are going to have to beat an offer of Gordon/Deng/#1 pick, which would take at least Bibby, and probably a third team. Especially since Chicago can make their own very attractive offer, I doubt they'd involve themselves as facilitators on principle alone.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Beyond your own seemingly insatiable need to have Bibby included in any and all trade talks, of what possible relevance is he to a trade using the Heinrich/Gordon/Duhon Chicago Bulls as the pivot foot?

Answer: he's probably not.

nbrans said:
Here's another wild and crazy idea:

Sacramento outgoing:
Mike Bibby
Francisco Garcia
Kenny Thomas
Ronnie Price
Potapenko

Sacramento incoming:
Kevin Garnett
Marco Jaric
Eddie Griffin

Minnesota outgoing:
Kevin Garnett
Marco Jaric
Eddie Griffin

Minneosta incoming:
Allen Iverson
Steven Hunter
Potapenko
Kenny Thomas

Philadelphia outgoing:
Allen Iverson
Steven Hunter

Philadelphia incoming:
Mike Bibby
Francisco Garcia
Ronnie Price

NEW KINGS:
PG: TBD, Jaric
SG: Bonzi, Martin
SF: Artest, Martin, Monia
PF: KG, SAR
C: Miller, SAR, Griffin

Now, granted, that's a pretty big TBD, but it's also a pretty crazy good front line.
That would be really nice adn we could sign either Mike james or Jason Terry for the starting PG.

BMiller52 said:
KG won't get traded.
I agree but its fun to play around and see the possibilities.

Most of the top teams over the years have gotten their superstar players through the draft. Superstars are hard to come by, if they moved Garnett that may be one of the worst moves in NBA history.

Bricklayer said:
Beyond your own seemingly insatiable need to have Bibby included in any and all trade talks, of what possible relevance is he to a trade using the Heinrich/Gordon/Duhon Chicago Bulls as the pivot foot?

Answer: he's probably not.
Obviously Chicago wouldn't want Bibby, which is why I suggested using Toronto as a pivot and not Chicago. Toronto has cap space, already has two extremely good young Pfs, needs a young PG and might be a better facilitator for a three team Kings/KG deal than Chicago.

If KG is on the block, Chicago is a COMPETITOR, not an ally. Find teams who KG wouldn't be as valuable to and then use them as partners.

It's my esteem of Bibby's ability and trade value that make me bring him into trade talks all the time. Miller isn't enough to land KG if he's available. Bibby and some other parts might be.

You would have to think the Bulls are making a run for either Garnett or Jermaine this season. They have a likely top-5 pick, and can dangle a combination of Deng, Gordon, and Duhon. Plus they have the cap space to take on more salary than they give up. I would think they make a move for one of the two big guys, then use the rest of their cap space to extend their own core (Hinrich, Nocioni long term).

Thier other option, of course, is signing a couple lesser-tier free agents to shore up the PF spot (Al Harrington has been long rumored) and then moving to improve the C spot through trade. That's where I guess a deal for Brad would make sense.

BigWaxer said:
I agree but its fun to play around and see the possibilities.

Most of the top teams over the years have gotten their superstar players through the draft. Superstars are hard to come by, if they moved Garnett that may be one of the worst moves in NBA history.

For a while it is but when you get realistic it just gets annoying.

Something like this... it's far from perfect, but it could be a start:

Sacramento outgoing:
Mike Bibby
Brad Miller
Francisco Garcia
Kenny Thomas
Corliss Williamson

Sacramento incoming:
Kevin Garnett
Eddie Griffin
Mike James S&T @ $7 million

Minnesota outgoing: