Trade Brad Miller

R

Rome

well looking at Brad miller over the years I can tell you he isnt playoff material. Not to mention he can't rebound or block shots or play a lick of defense.

He displayed his horrible defense in the 2005 playoffs by allowing Jerome James average 18 ppg.

I think we have to move on and get a real center willing to do the stuff a center does...

Place all the ideas of who and what we can get for Brad Miller in this thread.

T

thesanityannex

Surprised the Miller fans haven't ripped you yet. Maybe they are feeling the same way.

Miller's offense is more than decent, but his defense is non-existent, along with his rebounding. I think having two soft power forwards complimenting him just magnifies his weaknesses. The Kings have plenty of scorers, either Miller or SAR/Thomas need to go for someone with a set of defensive minded balls.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I'm a Miller fan, and a Bibby fan, and an Artest fan, and...and...and... You get the message. We are in the playoffs. Lay off the player bashing. Then say what you want to say after everyone has gone fishing. :rolleyes:

R

Rome

6th said:
I'm a Miller fan, and a Bibby fan, and an Artest fan, and...and...and... You get the message. We are in the playoffs. Lay off the player bashing. Then say what you want to say after everyone has gone fishing. :rolleyes:
this isn't BibbyFans.com or MillerFans.com Its kingsfans.com and if you call this player bashing then you might wanna rethink about that.

This is a fair post and I think we've given Miller enough time. He has not done anything in the playoffs except ruin our hopes of winning by playing no defense or rebounding. This thread is for people to post trade ideas of who we can get for Big Brad.

T

thesanityannex

Rome said:
This thread is for people to post trade ideas of who we can get for Big Brad.
I'll give you two cans of Copenhagen, a duck blind, and a Remington 12 gauge for your Brad Miller.

R

Rome

thesanityannex said:
I'll give you two cans of Copenhagen, a duck blind, and a Remington 12 gauge for your Brad Miller.
Your being too generous, Ill take the duck blind.

R

Rome

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes

Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
12.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.1 apg in 27.2 minutes
Incoming

Marcus Camby
6-11 C from Massachusetts
12.8 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 33.1 minutes

Eduardo Najera
6-8 SF from Oklahoma
5.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 22.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -9.1 ppg, +4.2 rpg, and -4.0 apg.

Denver Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Marcus Camby
6-11 C from Massachusetts
12.8 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 33.1 minutes

Eduardo Najera
6-8 SF from Oklahoma
5.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 22.7 minutes
Incoming

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes

Shareef Abdur-Rahim
6-9 PF from California
12.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.1 apg in 27.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: +9.1 ppg, -4.2 rpg, and +4.0 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Sacramento and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

R

Rome

that will do too. I just think its Brad's time is due. He's shown no center skills and his offense skills are very easy to stop. Just put a small guy on him and your good.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rome said:
this isn't BibbyFans.com or MillerFans.com Its kingsfans.com and if you call this player bashing then you might wanna rethink about that.

This is a fair post and I think we've given Miller enough time. He has not done anything in the playoffs except ruin our hopes of winning by playing no defense or rebounding. This thread is for people to post trade ideas of who we can get for Big Brad.
And you're a person who has been banned from this forum before. You might want to think about that.

Keep your comments civil. You can complain and criticize without sounding like you're trying to start a lynch party.

Brad was NOT the only person who had a bad game.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I have no problem with you wanting to think of trades. My problem is that it is in the middle of the 1st playoff game while you are ticked off at Brad's play in that game. That is what makes it bashing. It is all about the timing. I simply asked that you wait until offseason now. There will be no trades allowed til offseason anyway.

T

thesanityannex

6th said:
I simply asked that you wait until offseason now. There will be no trades allowed til offseason anyway.
This seems to contradict the whole point of having a "personnel moves" section of the forum. Trades are always being discussed here (usually after a poor outing) before, during, and after the trade deadline.

R

Rome

VF21 said:
And you're a person who has been banned from this forum before. You might want to think about that.

Keep your comments civil. You can complain and criticize without sounding like you're trying to start a lynch party.

Brad was NOT the only person who had a bad game.
I'm sorry VF21. I'm not trying to personally attack Brad Miller or any Kings players. I'm just trying to collect some ideas from people. This thread does not only reflect this game but the overall game of our center.

I just think that Brad is a center that's built for the season. It's not Brad's fault that he sucked today. Credit the Spurs for playing good defense on him by not allowing him to collect rebounds or make shots. IMO Brad is very easy to stop. You can put a small player on him and make him ineffective. Thus when you stop his only game which is making shots and passing then he doesn't have anything else that he can do. You can't count on him rebounding or blocking shots so what good is he when his shot and assists are taken away?

R

Rome

6th said:
I have no problem with you wanting to think of trades. My problem is that it is in the middle of the 1st playoff game while you are ticked off at Brad's play in that game. That is what makes it bashing. It is all about the timing. I simply asked that you wait until offseason now. There will be no trades allowed til offseason anyway.
Then lets lock the "Personal Moves" Forum until the offseason?

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Well, since Ron came here I thought maybe that would motivate brad to play a little better defense, but tonight.. ONLY 1 REBOUND!?!?!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Personnel Moves forum is for trade talks, draft discussions, etc. It's not going to be closed.

Rome - Your initial post was full of a lot of venom about Miller. That's problematic at best. He's still a member of our team and we don't need to start bashing him for a bad performance.

That's gone on around way too much in the recent past. Webber received too much of it as did Peja.

You can criticize a player without resorting to bashing. I believe that was 6th's concern and it's certainly mine.

Vent over a frustrating playoff loss all you want but don't resort to attacking the guy wearing the Kings uniform in your anger.

People need to take down the anger a notch or two. There are a lot of things in life to get angry about. A basketball game shouldn't be one of them.

::VF21 drags soap box back into the corner::

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rome said:
I just think that Brad is a center that's built for the season. It's not Brad's fault that he sucked today. Credit the Spurs for playing good defense on him by not allowing him to collect rebounds or make shots. IMO Brad is very easy to stop. You can put a small player on him and make him ineffective. Thus when you stop his only game which is making shots and passing then he doesn't have anything else that he can do. You can't count on him rebounding or blocking shots so what good is he when his shot and assists are taken away?
That may all be true. But Brad Miller is the center we have. Good, bad or otherwise, he's the one we brung to the dance and he's the one we're gonna have through the playoffs.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
But Brad Miller is the center we have. Good, bad or otherwise, he's the one we brung to the dance and he's the one we're gonna have through the playoffs.
We brought someone with two left feet to the dance???:eek:

I never like Brad's game. A center is suppose do a center's job that is rebounding and score from the low post. The Kings have a awkward system that have center play the point guard'r role. I don't this system can win in today's NBA game with defense juggernauts like the Pistons and the Spurs.

The Kings need a real center.

Chris Wilcox will be a free agent. He has played very well ever since he was traded from the Clippers to the Sonics. He just never got the chance to show his game (rebound and some low post scoring) because he was playing behind the MVP candidate Elton Brand.

As I was with the team, quite disappointed with Brad's game. He's gotta come out with more energy and HUSTLE for the rest of the damn series.

Wilcox will be tough to get, as he's an RFA, and sonics love him.

R

Rome

I like Wilcox. I think he is pretty underrated. he would be fit pretty good with this system. He can score as well as play help defense and rebound.

Well if we cant move brad... how do you guyz feel about signing Joel P and moving brad back to PF... he can provide the offense that A PF can provide.. and play a poor (very poor) man's Dirk style game from the PF. He hits the three, and most jumpers...

Brad stunk it up, BAD! I can bet you anything his teammates are ripping him. If not they should. His stat line tells the whole story. You know how hard it is for a 7 footer to grab 1 rebound in a game!

Still he is very talented and if we are looking for Brad to be our interior presence than we have a serious problem. He can do much better though.

Not into trading the guy, but definately need to re-think how he fits into this team.

Look for him to have a big game next go around.

B

beemerr23

Rome said:
well looking at Brad miller over the years I can tell you he isnt playoff material. Not to mention he can't rebound or block shots or play a lick of defense.

He displayed his horrible defense in the 2005 playoffs by allowing Jerome James average 18 ppg.

I think we have to move on and get a real center willing to do the stuff a center does...

Place all the ideas of who and what we can get for Brad Miller in this thread.
So people are finally starting to see what I've been saying all year long. Soon people will be jumping on the Trade Bonzi Wells bandwagon for a legit shooting guard. I will say this though, if we want to have a legitimate shot at winning the Championship, Brad Miller as a C won't make it happen.

R

Rome

AS i said b4. Brad is only good for the season. He will get his 15 ppg, 5 assists and 7 rebounds but when it comes to the playoffs you might as well call him a choker.

In the playoffs he averages 10 ppg, 2 assists, and just 6 boards while allowing the opponent Center to score around 18-20 ppg.

you can put a guard on Brad and make him ineffective. He does not impose any kind of threat unless he's up against a slow frontline like Yao Ming or Shaq. If a player sticks with him in the high post it takes away his assists plus jumpshots and he tends to become confused which results in turnovers. And did I mention he cant rebound because he's floating in the highpost.

SacKings4Life21 said:
Well if we cant move brad... how do you guyz feel about signing Joel P and moving brad back to PF... he can provide the offense that A PF can provide.. and play a poor (very poor) man's Dirk style game from the PF. He hits the three, and most jumpers...
Brad and Joel would be the slowest frontline in the NBA. Just having a shotblocker doesn't make your defense good. You need someone who's gonna rotate fast and play help defense as well. Plus just imagine how badly PF's would dominate over Brad since PF's are usually quicker.