The OFFICIAL SF Giants thread.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Transaction.

Called Brad Henessy up to start Sunday.

Optioned Jeremy Accardo to Fresno.

...Why is Jack Taschner still on this team? His ERA is in the 60's...And he has like 4 apperances...

ugh...

T

thesanityannex

Question to the Giants fans:

Doesn't it bother you that when the games highlights are shown on Sportscenter, all they show are Barry's at bats? No other highlights from the other guys at all. That would seem to get annoying after a while.

it is starting to get a little annoying sanity. thank god sportscenter had a brain and showed that wicked DP omar turned. that was such a great play, it would have been a travesty had that not been shown.

it is kind of annoying, all the bonds press. i can understand since he's the biggest name in the game, going for the biggest record. at the same time, it's like HELLO, there are 24 other guys, many of them worthy of their own highlights. omar is a highlights reel at short, matt morris has been mowing people down all season. worrell has been kicking butt just like the red sox papplebon who seems to get a lot of press. ah well, i am used to it my now.

2 out of 3 from the bums!!! i love it!!!!!! our pitching kicked ***!!!!!! even in defeat, our starters all turned in quality starts. the dodgers had been scoring 7 runs a game coming into the series, they didn't score 7 runs the whole SERIES. even in the loss schmidt turned in a quality outing.

i love our pitching staff!!!! our D has been great, i can't wait for the bats to show up because we will be unstoppable then ;)

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Giants () Vs Rockies ()
4/23/06, Game 3, Series Tied 1-1

Matt Morris (2-1, 5.03 ERA) Vs Jess Francis (0-2, 6.75 ERA)

Well, the Giants won today, and there are sme notables in the victory.

1: Barry Bonds, Home Run 709...He's hopefully back...It's just going to be a matter of time...He's constantly hitting bullets to exactly where people are, so we'll see a rise in his game soon.

2: Armando Benitez, save #1...Sure it was shaky, but a pressure save in Coors Field should do woders for confidense...Doesnt have his good stuff yet, but hopefully that will come. Fingers crossed.

3: Brad Henessy, win #2...He's looked great after a rocky spring. Gave up a 3 run jack to mess his line up, but outside of that pitched brilliantly. Good pitching from him could lead to an eventual trade, as we have plenty of starting pitching.

Well, Morris has pitched better than his 5 ERA states...One bad outing for him...I dont expect to great a game tommorrow, though, as hes a fly ball pitcher in the Coors...Hopefully young Jeff Francis will pitch bad to keep us in it.

GO GIANTS!​

the umps were on the pipe today! what the hell was that about???

tyler walker got released! yes! he was doing a terrible job, i'm glad they got rid of him. brian wilson got called up.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Brian Wilson looked awesome tonight.

And hopefully we'll see other hot prospect Kevin Frandsen, depending on Durham's injury.

Im excited! Youth = good.

aloooooooooooooouuuuuu

thats how you make them pay for walking bonds! 5 bri's tonight!

cain was awesome! perfect through 5 innings. very encouraging after his early struggles.

WTG GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went tonight. It was college night, so pretty fun. Alou was great: His hitting was key, and he played pretty well out in the field as well. Cain was great, getting K's right when needed. Glavine's ERA shot up quite a bit from that first inning!

All in all, a great night at the ballpark!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
people are learning nt to walk Bonds! Alou will make you pay! haha!

And I think Filipe finally got it rightby putting Lance in the three hole...The guy can mash the ball, and if he gets Bonds-protected pitching, sense big things from him.

Lets go Jamie Wright! Keep the hottness up!

Im off to school.

: /

yes you can bring your own food into the park as long as you don't bring any glass containers. i have done this a few times, it's a great way to save money.

barry is turning it on! 3 hrs in his last 11 AB's. i wonder how long it will be before they stop pitching to him? i'm guessing tommorrow night

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Rumor over on the Giants board is that hot prospect Kevin Frandsen just got the callup...

No source, really, but someone said something reported Brian Sabean said it.

Not very reliable, I know, but hey? May as well throw it out there.

As for toniught, Giants play the D'Backs.

We get Jason Schmidt, who really needs to turn it on, against Miguel Batista, who we hit pretty hard last time.

Hopefully there will be a repeat for the G-men.

Go Giants

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the lack of game-day posts.

My good computer is broken, and wont be fixed for a few days.

Once we get the repair hardware Ill be able to do game-days again.

I havent quit already!

It's such a damn long season that all we should be concerned about now is our health. We need Lowry back, and Benitez needs to get back into full form. Other than that, wake me up when it is August.

wow matt morris had a horrendous start, but no one will remember. the only thing they will remember is that BOMB bonds hit. has that landed yet?

WOW that thing went a MILE!

he'll tie and pass babe at home in front of the giants fans