Ron Artest Trade Candidates:::

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Warhawk said:
Take a look at some of these comments before getting so excited about having him here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16689

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16764

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16743

And I really like this (from the middle link - look for Naptown Seth):

"Ron Artest
Tru Warier - Badd Spellor
All Around Retard"

:)
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see? Just a lot of disappointed Pacers fans feeling jilted. Their reactions are to be expected, but hardly reason to get Artest or not. The things Lakers fans starting saying about Shaq after he forced his way out of town weren't nice either, didn't mean Miami shouldn't grab him.

D

DirkAB

Warhawk said:
Take a look at some of these comments before getting so excited about having him here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16689

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16764

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16743

And I really like this (from the middle link - look for Naptown Seth):

"Ron Artest
Tru Warier - Badd Spellor
All Around Retard"

:)
Well if they looked at the Kings forums they sure as hell aren't going to like what Kings fans have to say about Peja. Artest plays hard every second of every game, he doesn't know how to go half-***. Peja is the exact opposite, he manages to play half-*** at least for a little bit every game, he doesn't know how to play hard for a whole game. I'll take the crazy guy that gives solid effort any day over a nice guy that gives poor effort.

If Artest never made his comment about wanting to be traded, they'd all still be happy he was there, and for his contribution. These are disappointed fans, and because of the suspension last year, and now this they are lashing out. Again he has been good this year other than this. Other people have said a lot of Pacers players feel teh same way he does, and that Carlisle is micro manager. He's just vocal about wanting to go. Maybe he shouldn't have gone to the media, but maybe going to the media and making it so public is exactly why the organization knows they have to make the move. The path is not the best, but it gets the job done. Just like he does on the floor. ;)

wow22 said:
I think there is a much bigger chance he will get traded for Dunleavy+Diogu+picks
shame that deal doesnt work under the cba....it would be very intriquing...even moreso when u say picks as in plural...but oh well...

DocHolliday said:
If Artest never made his comment about wanting to be traded, they'd all still be happy he was there, and for his contribution. These are disappointed fans, and because of the suspension last year, and now this they are lashing out. Again he has been good this year other than this. Other people have said a lot of Pacers players feel teh same way he does, and that Carlisle is micro manager. He's just vocal about wanting to go. Maybe he shouldn't have gone to the media, but maybe going to the media and making it so public is exactly why the organization knows they have to make the move. The path is not the best, but it gets the job done. Just like he does on the floor. ;)
yup...u got it...prior to that its been smooth sailing where ron is concerned....hes been pretty much a model citizen...

which only adds to the jilted effect...it really caught everyone off guard...and i do mean everyone...

which im sure some will say is another reason for concern...which i fully understand...

and yes...hes pretty much left them with no choice....with all that has happened in the past, it would be almost impossible for him to go back to that lockerroom...thats why hes on the inactive list now and not going to practices or traveling with the team....

D

DirkAB

AleksandarN said:
Listening to Reggie's interview on ESPN raio I am dead set against on getting Artest
What is so bad about what he said? I listened to it and it wasn't damning at all. Actually it was quite the opposite IMO. People do you want defense or not? If you are against this trade then you should never ***** about the Kings soft defense ever again.

DirkAB said:
What is so bad about what he said? I listened to it and it wasn't damning at all. Actually it was quite the opposite IMO. People do you want defense or not? If you are against this trade then you should never ***** about the Kings soft defense ever again.
Well I don't know about that, One Artest, does not ensure that we won't still be a soft team, we will still have Brad, Bibby and SAR for that . But I'll tell you with the way Bonzi is playing, him and Artest together is a very interesting prospect. It will certainly toughen us up, but i'm not sure to what extent.

i don't see why we need artest, kings need someone who can D, we don't need a scorer, is true that artest play D untill he mentioned the name of Kobe, lebron, arenas. he wants to score more and we've enough player who can score

Yes, people do seem to forget about his offense, one of the most complete players in the NBA, can take you inside, outside, hard or soft, and than rough you up on defense whiles he is at it...

Andriod_KiNg said:
Yes, people do seem to forget about his offense, one of the most complete players in the NBA, can take you inside, outside, hard or soft, and than rough you up on defense whiles he is at it...
That's why I want him. He can give you the defense, while giving you plenty of offense. All around player.

i am curious about one thing....and again let me reiterate my stance on this...

i dont really have any emotional response to the kings getting artest-one way or another...im not a kingsfan....but i do follow them more than just about any other than the pacers...i would become a true fan if they obtained artest-not that it matters...

and selfishly, i dont want them to get him, because i dont want peja....and its most likely if u got ron then the pacers got peja...i really dont see a kings player helping enuff to offset the loss of ron, so thats my stance...

but im interested in this....and maybe some kings fan can do an analysis...ive watched a few games but not enuff to know this-cause often the stats dont tell the whole story...

how many games have the kings been outplayed at the 3 spot this year?...

Nov 1 @NO Lost 67-93 0-1
Peja outplays Nachbar eventhough we lost big

Nov 2 @Hou Lost 89-98 0-2
outplayed by Tmac (1)

Nov 6 @Pho Won 118-117 1-2
Peja outplayed Marion

Nov 8 Det Lost 88-102 1-3
smothered by Prince (held to 9 pts) (2)

Nov 9 @Den Lost 91-107 1-4
Peja outplayed Carmelo (even grabbed 7 boards)

Nov 11 Den Won 101-85 2-4
Peja outplayed Carmelo again (Carmelo held to 10pts)

Nov 13 NY Lost 95-105 2-5
Peja outplayed QRich (31pts-11pts)

Nov 15 Utah Won 119-83 3-5
Peja outplayed scrubs

Nov 18 Mil Won 103-82 4-5
Peja outplayed Simmons (held to 5pts)

Nov 20 @Sea Lost 104-106 4-6
Peja outplayed Rashard Lewis (held to (25pts- 14pts)

Nov 21 SA Lost 93-96 4-7
Peja DNP- Pinkygate begins

Nov 23 NJ Won 114-105 5-7
Peja DNP- Pinkygate continues

Nov 25 Tor Won 106-104 6-7
Peja DNP- Pinkygate continues

Nov 29 Char Won 110-92 7-7
outplayed by Gerald Wallace (10pts -5pts) effects of the Pinkgate still lingering (3)

Nov 30 @GS Lost 106-113 7-8
Dunleavy has season high against Peja (19pts- 9pts) (4)

Dec 2 Mia Lost 87-98 7-9
Peja has awful shooting (3-16) night but still outplays Posey

Dec 4 Min Lost 77-85 7-10
ouplayed by Szczerbiak (18 pts- 10pts) (5)

Dec 6 Cle Lost 97-102 7-11
Detroyed by Lebron (30pts- 15pts) (6)

Dec 8 Hou Lost 95-106 7-12
Tmac toys with peja (30pts- 15pts) (7)

Dec 10 @Sea Won 123-104 8-12
Peja outplays Lewis (23pts- 17pts)

Dec 11 NO Won 110-100 9-12
Peja destroys D Mason (23pts- 5pts)

So I count 7 games out of 18 that Peja has been outplayed (3 DNP's). Obviously this doesn't tell the whole story as only pts have been taken into consideration.

interesting...yea the points things is kinda easy to do and dont always tell the real story...thats why i was asking...

like in some of the big losses that u say he outplayed the guy...while the guy may have been outscored, would one consider that individual matchup to go to peja?? i honestly dont know because i didnt see all the games...

because its quite possible to get outscored and have won the matchup...scoring is only one aspect of it....defense, rebounding, creating opportunities for others...team defensive responsibilities....assists...etc...

for example, bowen might get outscored by ray allen, but its quite possible bowen wins that matchup....and usually when one wins a matchup and ur a key player it often leads to a victory....not always...but i would say the majority of the time, especially if ur not on a poor team...

D

DirkAB

KingKong said:
Well I don't know about that, One Artest, does not ensure that we won't still be a soft team, we will still have Brad, Bibby and SAR for that . But I'll tell you with the way Bonzi is playing, him and Artest together is a very interesting prospect. It will certainly toughen us up, but i'm not sure to what extent.
Don't know about what? I said if you are against this trade then you should never ***** about the Kings bad defense again, not that if we got him the Kings would never play bad defense again. Of course the Kings will still have holes in there defense, but aside from getting Shaq or Wallace this is the biggest step towards a good defense the Kings could ever take.

T

thesanityannex

anarchis said:
i don't see why we need artest, kings need someone who can D, we don't need a scorer, is true that artest play D untill he mentioned the name of Kobe, lebron, arenas. he wants to score more and we've enough player who can score
i'm sorry, but defensive players of the year who can score are somewhat rare, and yes we need a scorer. our scorers have seemed to take some time off.

DirkAB said:
Don't know about what? I said if you are against this trade then you should never ***** about the Kings bad defense again, not that if we got him the Kings would never play bad defense again. Of course the Kings will still have holes in there defense, but aside from getting Shaq or Wallace this is the biggest step towards a good defense the Kings could ever take.
Exactly.

piksi

Hall of Famer
DirkAB said:
I said if you are against this trade then you should never ***** about the Kings bad defense again, not that if we got him the Kings would never play bad defense again.

As long as Mike Bibby is a King - Kings will not play great defense for obvious reasons.

DirkAB said:
Firstly, if you've read any of my posts you would have noticed I'm not by any means against this trade. Secondly, it is not up to you to decide what people should or should not do as fans, even if they are not in agreement with you. The main reason people do not want this trade to go down is because some believe Artest is a headcase and it has less to to do with what he brings to the table as a basketball player and more to do with him as a person. My opinion is we roll the dice. Getting Artest will improve our defense, no question about that... but there are other gaping defensive holes apart from the 3 spot.

Last edited:
D

DirkAB

KingKong said:
Firstly, if you've read any of my posts you would have noticed I'm not by any means against this trade. Secondly, it is not up to you to decide what people should or should not do as fans, even if they are not in agreement with you. The main reason people do not want this trade to go down is because some believe Artest is a headcase and it has less to to do with what he brings to the table.as a basketball player and more to do with him as a person. My opinion is we roll the dice.
I never said it was up to me what fans do, where did you get that? If it was because I said that fans that are against this trade should never ***** about bad defense again, but am I not entitle to that opinion? I said they shouldn't, I didn't say don't or if they do blah blah blah.

Anyways I think you took my post wrong, I wanted to know what you meant by this line below in response to my post. It didn't really make sense to me. It seemed like you had a point you were trying to make and it wasn't getting across to me. So I was really asking for an explanation.

Well I don't know about that, One Artest, does not ensure that we won't still be a soft team, we will still have Brad, Bibby and SAR for that .

What I meant was that I don't think getting Artest will suddenly transform us into a tough team, it will help, but we will still be soft in other areas. No harm done.

Be interesting to see if any team gives up anything real valuable to get Ron. Despite his talent he's still a huge risk and I can't see many teams giving up all-star talent with the risk of Artest crying in two months wanting traded or going beserk and being suspended again. I also don't see Indy trading him for another 3. They drafted Danny Granger for a reason. I expect them to try getting a bigman.

I am one of the many Kings fans who realizes that it's going to take 30-40 games before our new pieces have gelled together. With that being said, we must consider some possibilities...

If we are completely gelled together then that means our offensive production should be 110+ ppg. This could be enough to win a title, but I seriously doubt it. There are many teams with multiple weapons that can match our offensive output. Also we must go deep into the playoffs if we expect Peja to stick around.

If we don't gel by midseason then we will spend the rest of the season teaching our young ones and continuing to gel. At the end of the season Peja would most likely walk and some trades will be made.

---

I believe this team has championship caliber players but is not a championship caliber team. I don't think that down the stretch we can get the stops that are needed to win championships. And what happens on nights where we don't shoot the lights out? We have no defense to lean on for those times. The only way I see Peja returning is if we win a championship, or if no other team offers him a contract. And both of those are unlikely.

Therefore, we must try to trade Peja NOW and get something for him. Oh! Look at that... Ron Artest is available...

PULL THE FRIGGIN TRIGGER!

There is no way Ron is going to do something stupid again, like the brawl. Have you seen his body language, and how he talks to the media? He is not the smartest man, but he isn't a complete idiot. He just wants a new home where he can start fresh. He could come in and instantly have an impact on our defense. That is reason alone to make the trade. Can I envision Ron blowing up? Yes... Offensively. If this team was meant to win the championship this year, then we would be doing better. If this is a rebuilding year then lets rebuild. Peja's contract being up at the end of the year doesn't help that scenario. Either we take a chance with Peja and wait for 3 years if we fail, or we make the trade, and start instituting defense today.

You can't spell BADA$$ without BAD...(or A$$ for that matter)

piksi

Hall of Famer
BawLa said:
There is no way Ron is going to do something stupid again, like the brawl.
well he actually did something much worse - he stabbed in the back the franchize that supported him during the suspension and "unsuccessful" rehabilitation