Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

I think most on the forum can agree we have the 1, 2, 3 and 5 spot sorted out in our starting lineup long term. We still need a 4 (or 3 if you believe Keegan ends up at the 4 spot) I believe we need a plus defender who can ideally spread the floor but that can be easier said than done. This thread will track names we have talked about in the past over the course of this season. Players, current contracts, FA status, stats and maybe some advanced metrics and notable performances. Ill try to keep this updated if life allows.

PJ Washington age 24 Soon to be restricted Free agent.
OFF rating 100.7 DEF rating 111.1 PIE 7.7 15.6 PPG 3pt-36% 80 plus from the line

Grant Williams age 24 (Nov) soon to be restricted Free agent
OFF rating 114.9 DEF rating 105.7 PIE 11 9.4 PPG 3pt-53% nearly 85 from the line

Cam Johnson age 26 soon to be restricted free agent INJURED OUT INDEFINITELY
OFF rating 122.8 DEF rating 104 PIE 10.4 13 PPG 3pt-43% around 72 from the line

Draymond Green age 32 player option (likely to be traded)
OFF rating 119.2 DEF rating 113.9 PIE 8.8 8.9 PPG 3pt-30% 58 from the line

Jerami Grant age 28 FA
OFF rating 113.5 DEF rating 111.1 PIE 9.4 PPG 17.9 3pt-39.5% 74 from the line

Lauri Markkanen age 25 2 years at around 36 million total left after this year (only 6000 is guaranteed in final year)
OFF Rating 118.7 DEF rating 110.9 PIE 16.2 22.2 points per game 3pt-30% 85 from the line

Mo Bamba age 24 1 year 10.3 mil left after this year
OFF rating 103.7 DEF rating 116.1 PIE 6.2 4.4 points per game 3pt-26% 60 from the line
man I got into this list last last year after being disappointed in the draft. …….

And then nothing happened…

Well, my belief is that starting SG spot is now locked in for a long time if Devin Carter is what he looks like he is. At least at some point in the future. He might end up being that secondary guy. Teams seeing a lead PG would have been disappointed but Devin has a very unique ability in passing out of the mid post to shooters. People kind of look at him as a guy who got stopped too much when doubles were sent up in pick and roll, and that was true, much like Keegan does, the difference is Carter does have the ability to change direction and probe defenses. He can even post up. In college Carter was facing down an entire defense, in the pros players like Keegan will be keeping him clear. I can see he and Keegan becoming locked at the hip at some point. Keegan racking up points, Carter racking up easy assists on dish outs.
He would be the shortest starting SG in memory. But hey, if he can match up against the likes of Jamal Murray, Ant-Man, Devin Booker et al I'm down with that.

He would be the shortest starting SG in memory. But hey, if he can match up against the likes of Jamal Murray, Ant-Man, Devin Booker et al I'm down with that.
He'd also be one of the longest and strongest the Kings have had in basically forever. No kidding, the potential is actually there for him to guard up to 4 like they said with Davion. Especially if you're talking about wings basically like most teams have. He's not as big nor heavy but his physicality on the court is very similar to someone like PJ Tucker. Both he and Fox are abnormally strong for their size. Also part of the new NBA things is players are listed without shoes. Historically he'd be listed at 6'4" with the classic round up. That's hardly small for a SG.

He'd also be one of the longest and strongest the Kings have had in basically forever. No kidding, the potential is actually there for him to guard up to 4 like they said with Davion. Especially if you're talking about wings basically like most teams have. He's not as big nor heavy but his physicality on the court is very similar to someone like PJ Tucker. Both he and Fox are abnormally strong for their size. Also part of the new NBA things is players are listed without shoes. Historically he'd be listed at 6'4" with the classic round up. That's hardly small for a SG.
Right, if were trying to be accurate in comparisons, we'll have to go back through history and acknowledge that hardly anyone was really their listed height. Magic Johnson wasn't 6'9. Jordan and Bryant were not 6'6. Mitch Richmond wasn't 6'5. Chris Webber wasn't 6'10. etc etc

Right, if were trying to be accurate in comparisons, we'll have to go back through history and acknowledge that hardly anyone was really their listed height. Magic Johnson wasn't 6'9. Jordan and Bryant were not 6'6. Mitch Richmond wasn't 6'5. Chris Webber wasn't 6'10. etc etc
Also I'm not sure what his measurements are exactly but I've brought this up many times, the combine is a meat market. Scottie Barnes' wingspan was measured like 2-3 inches shorter at the combine than it actually is. He's actually 7'4" plus and there's video proof. I watched an interview with Devin and he said P3 had just measured him at a 6'10" wingspan and closer to 6'3". In the end it doesn't matter, strength > length. Devin blocking jumpshooters the way he can shows whatever length he has is quite functional.

Big domino with PG13 declining his option. No pick up and trade now. This just has all the makings of him getting what he wants from the Clippers. Really? Ballmer is going to let him walk because they don't want to give him a 4 year deal, but a 3 year deal? Yeah, believe it when I see it. I think it's unlikely if Monte was expecting to land PG13 at this point.

Like I said, if he can match up with Booker, Ant-Man, Murray and other excellent SGs around the league I'm all for it. Anybody, and I mean anybody that can hold their own against the likes of those kind of guys has to put tremendous offensive pressure on the opposing team. Just having defensive excellence isn't nearly good enough. Hopefully, we see an all-around excellent performance from him in summer league and then we go from there.

Like I said, if he can match up with Booker, Ant-Man, Murray and other excellent SGs around the league I'm all for it. Anybody, and I mean anybody that can hold their own against the likes of those kind of guys has to put tremendous offensive pressure on the opposing team. Just having defensive excellence isn't nearly good enough. Hopefully, we see an all-around excellent performance from him in summer league and then we go from there.
There should be no doubt there. He matched up with C's at times in Providence when they switched screens. They actually run a lot of the same defensive schemes the Kings do. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but Mike Brown now finally has the Warriors style 3 guard lineup with any one of Fox, Monk, Carter, and Keon avaiable. He might even be able to go back to some of the 4 guard ball he did play at times.

Some reports linking the Kings to Haywood Highsmith with our MLE. I know he’s a solid wing role player for Miami and improved his three point shot last year a bit. Anyone who knows his game better know if he’d be a nice fit? His stats don’t jump off the page, but doesn’t mean he wouldn’t help us.

Some reports linking the Kings to Haywood Highsmith with our MLE. I know he’s a solid wing role player for Miami and improved his three point shot last year a bit. Anyone who knows his game better know if he’d be a nice fit? His stats don’t jump off the page, but doesn’t mean he wouldn’t help us.
He’s good. His agent talks him up like he can be an All Defensive team guy. And now he can shoot the 3. But I didn’t think his production made him a full MLE dude.

He’s good. His agent talks him up like he can be an All Defensive team guy. And now he can shoot the 3. But I didn’t think his production made him a full MLE dude.
That depends on the market. Dude's another "beast" type for sure. Add he and Devin Carter in the offseason and those issues with physicality that Brown complained about all last season go out the window. Right out.

Just wondering if Highsmith got his sentencing cleared up from the hit and run where he allegedly cut a guy’s leg off last season yet or if that’s going to be hanging over his head all season
Just to be clear it was not a hit and run highsmith stopped and was present when officers arrived. I can't imagine that a legal matter from February has been cleared up yet especially the pending civil suit for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's possible his attorneys were able to get the reckless driving ticket dropped if they had a data dump from the A5.