Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

That is not realistic they aren’t giving herb up
Yeah, the reason the Pels are looking to move Ingram is because they just essentially replaced him with Murray. Herb as it is would be moved the bench, and Murphy would see his minutes reduced. Good, the Pels have a great team on paper overall with Ingram. Let them keep him and have Murphy leave next summer.

Haven't seen Derrick Jones Jr mentioned much - Kings can use mid level to sign him correct? He'd be a great fit ... Especially if they can swing Huerter/Barnes/picks into Ingram or another forward (Cam Johnson).

Fox - Monk
Ellis - Carter - Jones
Ingram/Cam Johnson - Derrick Jones Jr (backing up both F's)
Murray - Lyles
Sabonis - Len

Well, Jones Jr to sign with LAC for a very reasonable 3yr/$30M (before PG13 left for Phili) Naji signed with Mavs for 3yr/$27M. Oubre stayed in Phili for a reasonable 2yr/$19M, JV signed with wizards for a reasonable 3yr/$30M.

And we have signed our thumb up are butts for free. Frustrated because Jones Jr and Naji were among my top targets for free agency. Oubre was on the list too. Reasonable contracts for tough 3&D minded LONG wings.

Caleb Martin, Taurean Prince, Royce Oneal, Slo-Mo, Highsmith and Isaac Okoro still there for 3&D wings.

Well, Jones Jr to sign with LAC for a very reasonable 3yr/$30M (before PG13 left for Phili) Naji signed with Mavs for 3yr/$27M. Oubre stayed in Phili for a reasonable 2yr/$19M, JV signed with wizards for a reasonable 3yr/$30M.

And we have signed our thumb up are butts for free. Frustrated because Jones Jr and Naji were among my top targets for free agency. Oubre was on the list too. Reasonable contracts for tough 3&D minded LONG wings.

Caleb Martin, Taurean Prince, Royce Oneal, Slo-Mo, Highsmith and Isaac Okoro still there for 3&D wings.
Pretty sure O’Neale resigned in PHX for $44 mil over 4 years a couple days ago.

If Monte is for sure going “big name hunting” for a scorer this offseason, below is how I’d rank the available/familiar names in order of preference (which takes into account not only their floor impact, fit, age, etc. but also how much I think it would cost us to acquire them):
  1. Jerami Grant
  2. Lauri Markkanen
  3. Brandon Ingram
  4. Kyle Kuzma
  5. Julius Randle
  6. Zach LaVine
I still like the idea of going after Grant due to his usage, efficiency, shooting, size/length, defensive potential, ability to play PF, and the fact that I think we could acquire him while keeping Devin Carter (whereas, Carter would have to be included if we’re trading for Markkanen).

The other interesting thing about going after Grant now that we have Devin Carter on this team is that Carter is an extremely good rebounder. I think that helps cover for Grant’s deficiencies here that much more (on top of pairing him with a C who leads the league in rebounds).

If Monte is for sure going “big name hunting” for a scorer this offseason, below is how I’d rank the available/familiar names in order of preference (which takes into account not only their floor impact, fit, age, etc. but also how much I think it would cost us to acquire them):
  1. Jerami Grant
  2. Lauri Markkanen
  3. Brandon Ingram
  4. Kyle Kuzma
  5. Julius Randle
  6. Zach LaVine
I still like the idea of going after Grant due to his usage, efficiency, shooting, size/length, defensive potential, ability to play PF, and the fact that I think we could acquire him while keeping Devin Carter (whereas, Carter would have to be included if we’re trading for Markkanen).

The other interesting thing about going after Grant now that we have Devin Carter on this team is that Carter is an extremely good rebounder. I think that helps cover for Grant’s deficiencies here that much more (on top of pairing him with a C who leads the league in rebounds).
I’d probably add Cam Johnson to that list.

To me the order depends on the asking price. Multiple picks for an all star like Lauri, Ingram, or even Randle? Sure. For someone who’s closer to a high level role player like Kuzma or Johnson? I’d try to hold out for just one. Grant is somewhere in the middle.

I’d probably add Cam Johnson to that list.

To me the order depends on the asking price. Multiple picks for an all star like Lauri, Ingram, or even Randle? Sure. For someone who’s closer to a high level role player like Kuzma or Johnson? I’d try to hold out for just one. Grant is somewhere in the middle.
I left him off the list as I don’t really see Cam Johnson as a scorer. You can’t really give him the ball and him to go get you a bucket. Having said that, perhaps he’s on Monte’s list.

Just a thought experiment here.

If the price was Keegan+matching salary (whatever that may be) for Lauri, do you accept it? No picks, no Carter, nothing.

This is also assuming Lauri signs an extension with us now and we know he's here for the long-term.

I don't think it would be just Keegan, but curious where people would value their talents.

If the price was Keegan+matching salary (whatever that may be) for Lauri, do you accept it? No picks, no Carter, nothing.

This is also assuming Lauri signs an extension with us now and we know he's here for the long-term.

I don't think it would be just Keegan, but curious where people would value their talents.
No. Keegan is better all around right now and on his rookie deal.

Too early to move on from Keegan. Both Lauri and Keegan seem like players that would happily play for Sacramento and both would help, but Keegan has less years in the league and I suspect more room to grow.