Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

What about giving a chance to Meyers Leonard? He has apologized and learned since the incident and I think he deserves a 2nd chance. He is a big body, could move, can shoot from three. Is not a rim protecter though. Might be a cheap option to sub Domas.

What about giving a chance to Meyers Leonard? He has apologized and learned since the incident and I think he deserves a 2nd chance. He is a big body, could move, can shoot from three. Is not a rim protecter though. Might be a cheap option to sub Domas.
A video was posted the other day about his leg issues, is he back to 100%? Regardless giving Lyles a chance is the best bet right now. That said, we'll keep getting Metu and Lyles and hope it's a good day for that tandem because it's literally 50/50 of a shot of being decent or unplayable.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He was a terrible basketball player who was already barely hanging around in the league BEFORE he revealed himself to be an anti-Semite.

I watched a Sixers podcast and the consensus over there was that the Kings don’t really have anything they would be willing to trade that the Sixers need. According to them they need a back up center and a wing haha. Salaries are tough to match. the fans get ally seem to like Thybulle and don’t want the Sixers to trade him

I watched a Sixers podcast and the consensus over there was that the Kings don’t really have anything they would be willing to trade that the Sixers need. According to them they need a back up center and a wing haha. Salaries are tough to match. the fans get ally seem to like Thybulle and don’t want the Sixers to trade him
Maybe they are looking at renewing Harden's contract and have to offload someone.

But I agree with you in general. Just a look at our roster versus theirs, I could only make a case that they might not mind taking Holmes back but he isn't that much better on both ends of the floor than Harrell. They wouldn't want/need TD since they already have Maxey, Melton, and Shake Milton in a similar skillset/position. There isn't much the Sixers would want from us, truthfully.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought the whole point of a Sixers deal is they want to get under the luxury tax. I am not sure if they are repeaters.

So no, they aren't going to get a "win" or player they like. They are going to save money on players the front office or Doc no longer value. It's not a fan-centric move. Or even a winning one.

I thought the whole point of a Sixers deal is they want to get under the luxury tax. I am not sure if they are repeaters.

So no, they aren't going to get a "win" or player they like. They are going to save money on players the front office or Doc no longer value. It's not a fan-centric move. Or even a winning one.
I think that’s speculation. I have to imagine if they like Matisse at all they find another way to dump a couple mil.

Yeah, fans over there better prepare for a total dump of Thybulle unless they get can someone to eat Korkmaz' deal. I'd find it hard to believe someone would with another year remaining. I like that Monte is looking at someone like Thybulle. No long term commitment and keeps some flexibility going into summer while getting a need player that still might have a chance to stick in the league if he finds the right situation.

Zach Collins would be a sneaky good fit as a backup C.

He can clean the glass, protect the rim, shoot the three, pass the ball, execute dribble-handoffs, athletic enough to not look totally lost defending the perimeter, has a 7’1” wingspan with a 9’3” standing reach, and his contract is non-guaranteed next year. His main issue throughout his career has been staying healthy but the fit seems good on paper.

Then they also have Richardson as an expiring, ver 3&D wing as well. Holmes + filler + 2nds for those two would seem like a great haul and balance out the roster and give us a 10 man rotation of…

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Huerter / Monk
SF - Murray / Richardson
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Collins

Or perhaps you do something like…

Richaun Holmes
Davion Mitchell

For

Josh Richardson
Zach Collins
2023 SAS 2nd

• It allows us to slot Monk in as the backup PG and Davis as the backup SG.
  • Richardson would be a solid, 3&D SF who can also help with the passing/playmaking
  • Collins gives us a big & long 3&D C who can run some of the same action as Sabonis
  • We get an early 2nd round pick to add some cheap, young depth next year
  • We clear $17.1 mil in salary next year which should give us around $40 mil in cap space to resign Barnes, make a run at a young forward (Johnson, Williams, Washington), and resign some of the other bench players

PG - Fox / Monk / Dellavedova
SG - Huerter / Davis
SF - Murray / Richardson / Okpala
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Collins / Metu / Len

Last edited:

He can clean the glass, protect the rim, shoot the three, pass the ball, execute dribble-handoffs, athletic enough to not look totally lost defending the perimeter, has a 7’1” wingspan with a 9’3” standing reach, and his contract is non-guaranteed next year. His main issue throughout his career has been staying healthy but the fit seems good on paper.

Then they also have Richardson as an expiring, ver 3&D wing as well. Holmes + filler + 2nds for those two would seem like a great haul and balance out the roster and give us a 10 man rotation of…

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Huerter / Monk
SF - Murray / Richardson
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Collins

Richaun Holmes
Davion Mitchell

For

Josh Richardson
Zach Collins
2023 SAS 2nd

• Richardson would be a solid, 3&D SF who can also help with the passing/playmaking
  • Collins gives us a big & long 3&D C who can run some of the same action as Sabonis
  • We clear $17.1 mil in salary next year which should give us around $40 mil in cap space to resign Barnes, make a run at a young forward (Johnson, Williams, Washington), and resign some of the other bench players
SG - Huerter / Davis
PF - Barnes / Lyles
Davion is too much of a throw in for players available with 2nd round picks. He is just underused in our lineup.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Including Davion in a trade now will disrupt chemistry…..100%. Trading Davion in the off-season would be much different. Plus, he’s been too important to the success of the team.

Holmes, TD, Len and the lesser used young guys like Queta and the 2nd round picks are the guys who would be traded and their value lies in the contracts expiring or in Holmes case, the amount which could net us someone a little more expensive. I’m sure teams know what he can do given playing time. But he’s not someone teams actively seek out.

2nd round picks are what we got to deal. Role players are what we will get

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Huerter / Monk
SF - Murray / Richardson
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Collins

Richaun Holmes
Davion Mitchell

For

Josh Richardson
Zach Collins
2023 SAS 2nd

SG - Huerter / Davis
PF - Barnes / Lyles
Zach Collins would be a nice get, but I'm not including Davion in any trade not bringing us back a starter level player.

Switch TD in for Davion in your trade proposal and we throw in a couple of 2nd rounders, I would do the deal.

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Huerter / Monk
SF - Murray / Richardson
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Collins

Richaun Holmes
Davion Mitchell

For

Josh Richardson
Zach Collins
2023 SAS 2nd

SG - Huerter / Davis
PF - Barnes / Lyles
I love me some Zach Collins, but I'm not trading Davion unless it's for a potential long-term core piece. This is essentially using Davion to cap dump Holmes... which is very bleh.

We can get Collins with expirings and 2nds.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I had interest in Bazley around 2019 draft time, but there was no hope he would drop to #40. Is there reason to believe that the Thunder are willing to give him up?
I don’t think contracts match but they actually could use a Holmes or even Len……IIRC there center position was thin.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I love me some Zach Collins, but I'm not trading Davion unless it's for a potential long-term core piece. This is essentially using Davion to cap dump Holmes... which is very bleh.

We can get Collins with expirings and 2nds.
Monte ain’t trading Davion unless he’s getting a clear win in a deal. And a win would include the Domas deal because we clearly upgraded our team at the center position. If a deal comes down the road where dealing Davion makes us better at a spot, then that’s when he gets traded.

I had interest in Bazley around 2019 draft time, but there was no hope he would drop to #40. Is there reason to believe that the Thunder are willing to give him up?
Bazley has shown some flashes throughout his career, but hasn't really been able to find any groove or consistency. And I'm fairly sure he's been more of a 4/5 hybrid than a 3/4 wing.

Wouldn't mind it if he's free, but I'd hope we'd go get someone who can help us with wins this season. He's more a development piece

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don’t think contracts match but they actually could use a Holmes or even Len……IIRC there center position was thin.
Doesn't seem like they have any shot of matching the Holmes contract. The Len salary matches. I'd laugh all the way to the bank if that happened, though. I'm sure we'd have to throw in more than a second or two. But hey, who knows? Crazy things happen sometimes.

He is barely in their rotation and they have so many picks coming up and only so many roster spots. Maybe they have seen enough to know he won’t play ahead of Chet, Poku, the two Willams etc.

If Thuybulle is available for an expiring and some seconds you go and get him, no questions asked. He is exactly the type of guy this team needs. First off, I am not super worried about his offense. He has always played in Philly, off of Embiid, in a system where you stand in the corner and wait for a three ball. With Harden, it is worse. There is no movement on the offense at all. I think he would do much better in a Sabonis offense. Thuybulle has shown the ability and willingness to cut, and has been a decent finisher in the paint. He is certainly not feared from the outside, but he is a career 33% 3Pt shooter, and was 35% as a rookie before his confidence was sunk. I think if you played him with Sabonis he could be an interesting cutter/corner three shooter. He would definitely be you fifth option, but I think there is some upside.

If you get him, he is the perfect piece for the ninth rotation spot this year. Let him play 12-18 minutes off the bench as a stopper, and let him play a good amount of those minutes in a Sabonis, Keegan/Barnes, Thuybulle frontcourt. I think he would be fine. You could go nine deep with the starters, Lyles, Monk, Mitchell, and Thuybulle. Your defense is immediately better.

Long term, if he pans out, his perfect role is the role that Brown envisioned for Okpala this year. If you resign Barnes, then let Thuybulle start with Sabonis, Keegan. Huerter, and Fox. There is plenty of offense and shooting, and great space to play as a cutter. Plus, Thuybulle gives you the defensive edge as a starting unit and allows you to stagger he and Davion so that one of them is on the floor all the time. I still think he would only play 16 minutes or so a game, but he would play the first 8 of each half (and then maybe in crunch time if you needed a stop). A bench of Barnes, Monk, Mitchell, and Lyles would have a lot of firepower and grit.

Long term, you re-sign Barnes, and draft another wing, and this lineup looks pretty good, with these guys all under contract and the chance to add in free agency.

Sabonis/Lyles/Holmes/Queta
Keegan/Barnes
Thuybulle/Barnes/2023 FRP
Huerter/Monk
Fox/Mitchell
So this seems to be a universally accepted good deal, but reports say the Warriors are also interested. If you’re Thybulle and have the option, which do YOU choose?

Davion is much more valuable to the Kings than to the NBA as a whole.

Holmes is not the negative contract it's being made out to be. He's an MLE player that this year is not living up to the contract. It's got 2 years left, it's not that big of a deal. We just may not get value out of it, but we are not paying to eat it. It's less than 10% of the cap.

The reason we are discussing Len, Holmes, KZ, TD as the trade candidates, is because they are salary filler for the on the fringe type of moves that we may get done with seconds and helping a team out of a luxury tax issue.

I do not believe we will be involved in any large moves. We trade budding start for existing star last year, and traded a bag of chips and a protect FRP for dead eye shooter, starting SG who plays his role. We also drafted a player, that is a dead eye shooter and you can see very positive signs of significant player growth in the way that we need for this team. Also, signed Monk who is Fox's buddy and provides energy.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Holmes is not the negative contract it's being made out to be. He's an MLE player that this year is not living up to the contract. It's got 2 years left, it's not that big of a deal. We just may not get value out of it, but we are not paying to eat it. It's less than 10% of the cap.
Unless he's being disruptive there's basically three scenarios:
1) He's shipped with multiple expirings to get a player on a big contract the other team wants to unload. We'd have to really want that player though.

2) He plays his way into a favorable trade.

3) He gets traded as an expiring to a team needing space, for probably a mediocre pick and maybe a player on a longer deal that is surplus to that team's needs (but this could be a Rui type of player, not a total garbage).

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Kings need more defense. So trade Davion??? Makes no sense. He's the best defender they've got. I would imagine the Kings would use either/both Holmes and Davis in a trade to get more defense, if it's available. I still say, by the way, that Holmes if probably more valuable to the Pacers than any team in the league because they would maximize his offensive potential with Halliburton, just as the Kings did a couple of years ago.

If there's any shot at Zach Collins I'd be keen.
After the tournament hes who I wanted at 10 before the trade down and securing Fox at 5.
I understand his pro career has been riduled with injuries, but unsure how serious any are.

If there's any shot at Zach Collins I'd be keen.
After the tournament hes who I wanted at 10 before the trade down and securing Fox at 5.
I understand his pro career has been riduled with injuries, but unsure how serious any are.
He's finally staying healthy this year and man has he been good. Showing all those skills that made him a lotto pick.

I'm a believer he can still be a 4/5 flex guy too. He's primarily just played back-up C this season, but you could absolutely convince me he can get run next to Domas.

uh, he doesn't start on this team wtf.
I don't think he would start this year because I wouldn't mess with chemistry, and I am also not in favor of bringing a role player in midseason who doesn't know the team and making him a starter (and disbanding a successful starting lineup). But if he works out and stays beyond this season, then I absolutely make him a starter next year after a full offseason, moving Barnes (who we hopefully resign) to the bench.

Thuybulle in the starting lineup long term balances your starters and bench. There is still plenty of offense and spacing in a Sabonis/Keegan/Thuybulle/Huerter/Fox starting 5. A bench unit of Davion/Monk/Barnes/Okpala/Lyles has a lot of two way potential (and the fact that a draft pick or free agent likely supplants Okpala). Plus, Thuybulle as a starter gets you a defensive presence from the get go (like Brown wanted with Okpala this year) and splits up Davion and Thuybulle so that in theory, you can have one of them on the floor at most times. I still think Barnes would play more minutes that Thuybulle, but you would be better balancing the lineups

2023/24 lineup
Sabonis/Lyles
Keegan/ (Okpala/2023 FRP/Free agent)
Thuybulle/Barnes
Huerter/Monk
Fox/Davion