Playoff Update (Merged)

Kings113 said:
I think ultimately that will be right about Houston, they're kinda close, but not quite to us or the Jazz yet. NOK has their tough 7-game stretch starting tonight, indeed. Grizzlies I think stay pretty good. I disagree on wanting the 8th spot if it's Dallas, and if Duncan isn't healthy where he can't play (as in the not not-healthy he is now with the PF), be some different with the Spurs. Regardless of all that, and whatever spot we possibly do get, it'll be good experiences for SAR/Kevin/Garcia, even Jamal Sampson (likely not to play, but still in the atmosphere).
I have to disagree about Dallas. They are full steam ahead, and about 16 train cars ahead of us. I think Phoenix is our only chance at a 1st round upset unless if we miraculously get to play Denver. and there is no chance if Amare comes back strong. And we also gotta get there first. I'll take Dallas in the first round if thats all we can get.

Not at the moment they aren't ;).

I didn't mean beating the Mavs, I meant getting swept. Which we well could by the Spurs. As far as beating the Mavs, who knows, I'd say not a great chance, but an okay one.

Kings113 said:
Tonight:

Magic at Jazz - I'd say either can get this, both coming off losses, Magic on Saturday, Jazz yesterday. Just hope the Magic win.

Spurs at Lakers - Spurs definitely win.

Hornets start their tough 7-game stretch vs. the Suns tonight also.

Jazz edged out Magic, who came back from 20 down and to get back in the game, made it go down to a final shot. Which was swatted by AK47.

Still think the Spurs win.

Hornets lost to Suns.

piksi said:
5 teams and only 2 spots

things are getting very interesting
They are getting interesting. The next month and a half is going to be quite exciting. We have our own March Madness. I see 4 spots though. There are over 20 games left for each team. The race is undoubtedly on.

Lakers are 1.5 games ahead, Hornets are only 2.5 games ahead and Grizzlies are 4 games ahead. Even 6th seed is not out of the realm of possibilty, but could be tough. 6th seed is ideal imo.

KingKong said:
Lakers are 1.5 games ahead, Hornets are only 2.5 games ahead and Grizzlies are 4 games ahead. Even 6th seed is not out of the realm of possibilty, but could be tough. 6th seed is ideal imo.
6th try 5th is up for grabs look at lac there not dominatiing either no one is rater then mav or spurs.

piksi said:
Should we be worried about Rockets ?
T-Mac is out again, but Yao begins to dominate Night in and Night out.

I watch the whole Hou VS Min game, they look pretty good even without Tracy. So I would say don't count them out.

piksi said:
Should we be worried about Rockets ?
Maybe. Problem is they've gotta climb over Utah to get to us, and if they threaten our playoff position, they gotta catch the Lakers/Hornets, too- so in that scenario, if they still threaten us, it means we had a golden opportunity to lock in a playoff spot and blew it because of crappy play. So if we want to get in on luck and other teams choking, yeah, let's worry about the Rockets. But if the Kings play good ball, put themselves in a position to make the playoffs, the Rockets won't be a threat, they can only hope to bump another team and grab the 8 seed (as we get the 7)

venom_7 said:
umm. who wins tommorow? NO/OK or LA? who do you want to win? I hope they both lose.
Strategically, I'd say LA should win, bring them both closer to striking distance, not let NO.OK stay too far ahead. But my heart tells me I can never want LA to win. So NO wins, we pass LA in the standings, and take down the Hornets another day.

I see Houston's making a charge (beat Tee Wolves tonight), but I ultimately don't think they stay in it (for a couple reasons). Even if they get 1 game or 1/2 game behind us. Which they aren't yet.

I'd rather the Lakers lose tomorrow, and think they will, Hornets bounce back from a bad loss to the Suns.

I hate the lakers...with an undying passion...but my passion for the kings success exceeds that of my hatred for the lakers. Thusly, lets break this down to figure out whats best for the kings.

After the lakers the hornets play:
Indiana
New Jersey
san antonio
denver
clippers
houston.

The Hornets should lose to New Jersey, San Antonio, Clippers, and the others are probably a wash...They can do 3-3 best 0-6 worst, their next 6 are ugly, with no real guaranteed wins.

The lakers 6 after that is:
San Antonio
Seattle
Sacramento
Minnesota
New Jersey
Cleveland

The Lakers should beat Minnesota, Cleveland (Since LeBron is having issues), Seattle, then lose to us New Jersey, and SA (So 3-3 is almost set in stone)

With the way the Lakers play against rotten teams they could well go 0-6, but i would have to say they have a better chance then the Hornets do over the next 6. So putting my hatred of the lakers aside, we need NO to win tonight, because chances are we will pick that half game back over their next 6.

Last edited:
Utah is only 3.5 games behind the nuggets, if they catch up to the nuggets it will be the nuggets and Jazz dukin it out for 3rd place in the playoffs.

What a crazy playoff run by all teams....

I mean, we finish our road trip with 4-1, but other teams also getting their job done (lakers, rockets)

Kings Schedule Vs Houston Schedule the last 2 months:

Houston's is REDICULOUSLY tough:

@ SA - L
NJ - W
Dallas - W/L
SA - W/L
Clippers - W/L
@ Dallas - L
@ NO - L (Probally win lately)
Cleveland - W
Seattle - W
Washington - W
@ LA - W/L
@ Seattle - W
@ Portland - W
@ GSW - W
@ Sac - L
@ Utah - W/ L (back to back)
Minne - W
Memphis - L (Memphis owns them)
@ Denver - L
SA - L

King's is tough as well:

Memphis - W
Dallas - W/L
Lakers - W
@ Indy - W/L
@ Minne - W/L (Minne isn't playing well, but we never win there)
Seattle - W
Lakers-W/L (probally loss, but i hope W)
@ Utah - W (revenge the one we gave away)
Washington - W (revenge)
@ Portland - W
@ GSW -W
Clippers - W (Only one that's almost guaranteed)
@ Dallas - L
@ SA - L
@ Clippers - W/L
Houston - W (@ Home)
Phoenix - W/L (Not sure)
@ Denver - W/L
NO-W
Seattle W